collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Springfield XDM 10mm Range Report  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Open-sights

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
Springfield XDM 10mm Range Report
« on: May 17, 2021, 06:38:15 AM »
Hello fellow WA Hunters. Here’s a video I put together on the Springfield XDM 10mm with 4.5” barrel going through some very basic tests with some low power and hi power ammo. This gun has been popular among fishermen and hunters in a chest rig to carry while outdoors in bear country. Hopefully it gives you some info to help you make an informed buying decision. Here’s the link

Jeff
JEFF

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
Re: Springfield XDM 10mm Range Report
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 06:19:17 PM »
As soon as they annouced they were putting out a xdm in 10. I went on every wholesaler I had and ordered them as soon as they listed them even before they were in stock. Took awhile but man was I a happy camper when one finally showed. I have well over 1000 rounds run in mine. I love the xdm but these 10's are amazing. I bought so many 10's and sold them all. Never fit me right and had feeding issues. Always said man I wish they would do a xdm in 10 and it finally happened.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Open-sights

• Hunter
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 10:12:22 PM »
That’s good to hear!  I’m happy so far with it.  Soon I get my Paradise Valley chest rig!  I’m excited!  Thanks for the info. 
JEFF

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 10:34:22 PM »
Hello fellow WA Hunters. Here’s a video I put together on the Springfield XDM 10mm with 4.5” barrel going through some very basic tests with some low power and hi power ammo. This gun has been popular among fishermen and hunters in a chest rig to carry while outdoors in bear country. Hopefully it gives you some info to help you make an informed buying decision. Here’s the link

Jeff

This is a decent "real world expectations" video.
As much as most want to think how good they are, this is a good example of reality.

I do think the 10 MM is an amazing round. But reality proves over and over again, if you do not become proficient with you weapon, it can be a detriment to your well being.

I have owned a few 10 MM pistols. I personally found that I am substantially more consistent with the .40 cal XD, then the 10 MM. And that also includes my 10 mm Kimber TLE.

This is subjective of course to the individual shooter.

Either way, a good real world no BS video.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline optic2

• Scout
  • Groups: 2AF, FPC, GOA, BHA, RMEF
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 02:48:49 AM »
I noticed at ten yards you have the pointer finger of your support (left) hand pointing out. Any reason for doing that?

In your last target (8 yards & 16 rounds) you'll notice that none of your shots hit to the right of the center line. You're flinching. Get some snap caps, load them randomly into your magazines. Either have someone else load them or load them a few days before you go to the range so you don't remember where they are in the magazines. If you aren't familiar with this practice, if you don't know where the snap caps are then you'll be thinking every trigger pull is a live round. Thus when you get to a snap cap any flinch you have will be very evident.

If you aren't flinching then there is either a grip issue, trigger pull issue or trigger finger placement issue.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 03:09:35 AM by optic2 »

Offline Weatherby92

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 06:43:40 AM »
Good report. I've been trying to get my hands on one for a couple of months now. Hopefully soon.
Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain - Mark Twain

Offline Open-sights

• Hunter
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 10:39:02 PM »
Thanks for all the great comments and feedback.  And yes, I need all the help I can get shooting a pistol. I have a lot to learn and I’m having fun! 
JEFF

Offline Cougartail

• Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2021, 07:23:44 AM »

Jeff

This is a decent "real world expectations" video.
As much as most want to think how good they are, this is a good example of reality.

I do think the 10 MM is an amazing round. But reality proves over and over again, if you do not become proficient with you weapon, it can be a detriment to your well being.

I have owned a few 10 MM pistols. I personally found that I am substantially more consistent with the .40 cal XD, then the 10 MM. And that also includes my 10 mm Kimber TLE.

This is subjective of course to the individual shooter.

Either way, a good real world no BS video.

I'd be a lot better with my 10mm if I didn't think the last round I shot was irreplaceable. It's a toy until I can shoot it as often as I need to.
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline Weatherby92

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 08:45:58 PM »
I finally found one in with the 4.5" barrel locally. Can't wait for the background check wait period to be done. Excited to take it out for a shoot. Thanks for the report.
Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain - Mark Twain

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU