collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Mountain goats  (Read 1202 times)

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
Re: Mountain goats
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2021, 08:53:29 PM »
October is actually a pretty good month in the Olympics..you should see goat's.. don't overthink goat behavior. The conflict goat's are a different animal. Super sketched out .the ones I see might be shootable but recovery will be difficult. I look at those mountains everyday. When time allows I'll throw the spotter up and relay any intel I can pass along. Generally can find goat's if I spend enough time glassing.

Offline Big6bull

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2021, 08:55:28 PM »
October is actually a pretty good month in the Olympics..you should see goat's.. don't overthink goat behavior. The conflict goat's are a different animal. Super sketched out .the ones I see might be shootable but recovery will be difficult. I look at those mountains everyday. When time allows I'll throw the spotter up and relay any intel I can pass along. Generally can find goat's if I spend enough time glassing.

I would greatly appreciate that, Iím trying to plan some scouting, I spend a good amount of time on the canal.

Offline Falcon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2021, 09:06:33 PM »
BIG 6,,

Congrats of your tag.  I would not call myself an expert, but I have been lucky enough to have hunted goats twice in washington.   Too many words to type.  Pm me if you want want to talk some night.

Good hunting......
Bryan   
Cast all your anxiety upon him, for he cares for you.    1 Peter 5:7

Offline HikerHunter

• Scout
  • Groups: DU, NWTF, NRA, WHEIA
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2021, 09:20:46 AM »
Try reading A Beast the Color of Winter if you want to learn about goats and how they live. Its not from a hunting perspective, but helpful for it. I'd also look at the Rokslide forum for more resources. Good luck!!!

Offline musketeer

• Pilgrim
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2021, 08:45:36 AM »
Congrats on your hunt! I drew the early conflict hunt and will probably spend a weekend or 2 up there hiking,  and if i find a goat or 2 to shoot, then that's a bonus. I will pass along any info from my time there to you.  It's a neat hunt,  but glad i still have my OIL goat points.

Offline Rob

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2021, 08:55:56 AM »
We got hammered in October in the Olympics goat hunting.  lost about half our hunt due to Weather.

Recommend going as soon as possible and watching the weather. 

Good to know some basic rope skills as that may open up some recovery options (safety lines, rappel, ascending steep terrain with a prussic, rudimentary anchor building, etc).  Certainly not required but useful.  I live in Monroe and I am happy to go over some basic rope skills with anyone who is interested.
Just sit back and enjoy your ride
  - Chris Ledoux

Offline Big6bull

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2021, 11:02:31 AM »
Congrats on your hunt! I drew the early conflict hunt and will probably spend a weekend or 2 up there hiking,  and if i find a goat or 2 to shoot, then that's a bonus. I will pass along any info from my time there to you.  It's a neat hunt,  but glad i still have my OIL goat points.

Awesome thank you!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal