collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Swakane wildlife area  (Read 3655 times)

Offline 85yota

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Swakane wildlife area
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2021, 11:21:04 AM »
The ebike  debacle really chaps my ass.. 2 years ago about 7 miles behind a gate up hill in the dark 2hrs away i hear a wierd noise and 2 ebikes cruising up hill with miniscule effort..they waved and road by..my dnr calls research etc all seems that there illegal but how would dnr know and who's really checking is what I got out of it, depends on the officer one told me.. every year usage gets worse and worse as bikes get cheaper and better..the amount of ground and ease inwhich they cover  is annoying when I'm trying to follow the rules..its peddle assist its different they always tell me, after trying one I dassagree..

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2021, 12:02:20 PM »
Gate at what we call the “hay barn road”
This is a fun one on the legs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it is.  Apparently the formal name is "Rattlesnake Road".  Back in the day you could drive that road then somebody found a rare plant or something growing in the road and they shut it down.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2021, 12:03:32 PM »
Sign at the top gate explaining the closure due to vegetation damage.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 12:41:06 PM by Rainier10 »

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2021, 12:06:08 PM »
The ebike  debacle really chaps my ass.. 2 years ago about 7 miles behind a gate up hill in the dark 2hrs away i hear a wierd noise and 2 ebikes cruising up hill with miniscule effort..they waved and road by..my dnr calls research etc all seems that there illegal but how would dnr know and who's really checking is what I got out of it, depends on the officer one told me.. every year usage gets worse and worse as bikes get cheaper and better..the amount of ground and ease inwhich they cover  is annoying when I'm trying to follow the rules..its peddle assist its different they always tell me, after trying one I dassagree..
My research is teaching me they are in the process of regulating them more.

Enforcing those new regulations will be the issue. I feel like there may be some self enforcement going on at some point.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2021, 12:15:19 PM »
Gate at what we call the “hay barn road”
This is a fun one on the legs

Yes it is.  Apparently the formal name is "Rattlesnake Road".  Back in the day you could drive that road then somebody found a rare plant or something growing in the road and they shut it down.
Interesting.. thanks for the background

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2021, 02:26:52 PM »
When I was a kid I loaded up that hay barn with hay, more times than I want to count.....  My grandfather grew alfalfa in all of those fields on a lease from the game dept.  I think I still have pieces of the seat of that old F-250 lodged somewhere from my grandfather coming down that road in a blizzard.  My great uncle lived in the house up there.  Killed more rattlesnakes in a summer up there than I could even count, mason jars full of rattles that I wish I still had.

The country up there has changed a lot, we hardly saw a soul up there back then, nothing like the pumpkin patch it is now - especially with the puffy jacket and skinny jean crowd running around up there now.
RIP Colockumelk   :salute:

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Genesis 27:3
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]