collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wdfw commission meeting dec 2nd 3rd  (Read 7834 times)

Offline andersonjk4

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: Wdfw commission meeting dec 2nd 3rd
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2021, 09:47:33 AM »
Good show on the meeting. Thanks everyone, probably no changes but they have heard plenty from the hunting community.

:yeah:

Offline pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2021, 09:51:08 AM »
Just got back from my jobsite. I'll have to listen to the recording...listening to some dude talk about tree frogs right now.

Offline 10heiau

• Hunter
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2021, 10:37:54 AM »
We heard some great, well articulated comments today. Good job to everyone. I fear Smith and Koontz are going to organize their troops to draw an equally large anti hunting presence at future meetings. I think it will be important for hunters to maintain the level of engagement we saw in today's public comment period.

Listening to the public comments felt energizing for me. I would love to see more organization and engagement at this level going into the future to preserve our hunting heritage. I am eager to contribute individually.

One last thought regarding our efforts to organize as hunters and lobby in favor of the North American model: Tino Villaluz's testimony sparked a thought in my mind that non tribal organizations could team up and coordinate efforts with tribal organizations to lobby for conservation and wildlife management favorable to ALL consumptive users. I'm interested to hear if anyone else had this same thought.

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Old Salt
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2021, 11:15:26 AM »
Good Job Saylean

Thanks. Sorry my voice is going out…nice to get called out by Smith, we need to keep up the pressure

Offline pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2021, 12:40:33 PM »
Regarding future organization around these types of things, I know this forum has an advocacy sub-forum but from my experience it gets overlooked in favor of some of the more popular and active sub forums. It would great if there was a way to alert users to things like public comment periods, commission meetings, etc. like a banner alert. I'm no web designer so I don't know how difficult / possible that would be but just an idea.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2021, 12:45:00 PM »
Regarding future organization around these types of things, I know this forum has an advocacy sub-forum but from my experience it gets overlooked in favor of some of the more popular and active sub forums. It would great if there was a way to alert users to things like public comment periods, commission meetings, etc. like a banner alert. I'm no web designer so I don't know how difficult / possible that would be but just an idea.

@bearpaw

I'm not sure what options would be available.

Maybe the solution isn't in the forum software, but a mass email list and certain people who could mass email or text important messages to forum members, and not spam it.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2021, 12:48:23 PM »

@bearpaw

I'm not sure what options would be available

The moderator who used to take care of the advocacy board moved to Idaho. We need a new moderator for that board, that person could prepare and send alerts.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2021, 12:49:20 PM »
 :hello:

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2021, 04:32:15 PM »

@bearpaw

The moderator who used to take care of the advocacy board moved to Idaho. We need a new moderator for that board, that person could prepare and send alerts.

Anyone interested in joining the mod team primarily for this purpose should send me a pm?
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline 85yota

• Scout
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2021, 05:41:38 PM »
Why do it on Friday Morning? Its like they assume most hunters work and can't take time off to be involved where as someone who works from home could..do it on a flicking weekend or 6pm at night..

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2021, 05:44:53 PM »

@bearpaw

Anyone interested in joining the mod team primarily for this purpose should send me a pm?

Be nice to get someone that can go to yhese meetings

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2021, 10:40:00 AM »

@bearpaw

He had the right idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@mukbowhunt
Avid Bowhunter
Maxxis 35 / Trykon XL

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw