collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Last week of season plans  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Phishead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Last week of season plans
« on: January 18, 2022, 09:35:32 PM »
Curious what y’all have planned for next couple of weekends before season closes? I only hunt central WA and the big water when things freeze up. Haven’t been out in the fields for a few weeks. Things still frozen up? Are you seeing many birds around where you hunt in EWA? Seems like we had a good push of birds with the cold weather but they’ve moved out. Noticed birds disappeared between Friday and Sunday last weekend on the Columbia.  Hoping for a good finish but the weather isn’t looking promising.

Offline metlhead

• Sourdough
Re: Last week of season plans
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 05:56:29 AM »
It has again been another stellar season, with consistent limits from the opener. So the plan here is to maintain that momentum till the last morning. I've taken a number of folks out for some great shoots who are now doing it on their own and doing well.

Offline actualtediousimpala

• Pilgrim
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 09:04:01 AM »
Western Wa here, struck out on Sat and Monday in Snohomish county (close to the water and river). The fog killed us, but there were also just not that many birds in the sky. A couple of frustrating days but that's hunting. Hoping to get out one or two more times. Got something lined up up north closer to Canada, though I haven't been up there in about a month since everything froze over. I'm curious to see what its looking like. Hopefully I don't get skunked three times in a row!

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 09:49:17 AM »
To call it a season. Be thankful for the success this season has brought. And the memories made during the season. Definetely a lot of firsts. Freezers are full.
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 10:13:51 AM »
To call it a season. Be thankful for the success this season has brought. And the memories made during the season. Definetely a lot of firsts. Freezers are full.

21 birds full?  :chuckle: :chuckle:
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 02:38:08 PM »

Deer, elk, bear, my portion of ducks within possession limit,. Ate the rest. Few geese, catfish, walleye, salmon, trout, perch, squid, etc. Coyote pelt.

One can only eat so much. So calling it good to catch up. Very thankful for this season. Only thing I was lacking was not getting any trips for upland birds. And well as far as turkeys go. Could have easily got my fall limit of those at 4 birds had I brought the shotgun. But focused on deer and left the shotgun home so I didn't risk leaving a gun unattended at camp. But wouldn't you know it. Saw turkeys every day. They were in my camp constantly. I could walk right up on them and they wouldn't leave.
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 02:53:59 PM »

Deer, elk, bear, my portion of ducks within possession limit,. Ate the rest. Few geese, catfish, walleye, salmon, trout, perch, squid, etc. Coyote pelt.

One can only eat so much. So calling it good to catch up. Very thankful for this season. Only thing I was lacking was not getting any trips for upland birds. And well as far as turkeys go. Could have easily got my fall limit of those at 4 birds had I brought the shotgun. But focused on deer and left the shotgun home so I didn't risk leaving a gun unattended at camp. But wouldn't you know it. Saw turkeys every day. They were in my camp constantly. I could walk right up on them and they wouldn't leave.

I was just being facetious. Sounds like you have had a good season.  :tup:
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 03:57:56 PM »
Yeah I knew you were just having fun with it. Only focus for now is maybe another coyote or two. Little tougher task for the westsiders than the eastsiders but I will try and get a few down in the area.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal