collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New McMillan finally  (Read 13715 times)

Tony 270WSM

Re: New McMillan finally
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2009, 05:48:39 PM »
Don't know if I'm being picky, or if it could potentially make a difference. When they paint the stock, they do the inside and all. Having it all tightened down and ready to go, I've already seen a few spots where the textured paint has been squished down and smoothed out. About the rest, that hasn't been, should I leave it alone or sand it down so everything is smooth?

And in the rear, around the screw area, should that be completely flush with the stock? It sits a little above it. Too much attention to detail or should be fixed?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 09:07:07 PM by Tony 270WSM »

Offline coop2424

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2009, 06:10:56 PM »
I personally like the textured look.  Mine is smooth and I am actually going to get some texture on it because it get slick when it gets wet.  As for where it mounts that should be smooth.  I would recommend bedding the stock at the two mounting points and possibly putting in mounting pillars if you want the ultimate accuracy.  I plan on doing this on mine but a lot of people swear by it and some say they are not sure if it makes a difference.  If it going to be used for hunting probably will not matter but if you were going to shoot long distance may be a good idea.

Tony 270WSM

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2009, 06:19:03 PM »
I do like the textured paint, but on the inside, where the action and barrel sit, should that be smoothed out or remain as is? And the Edge does come pillar bedded so no worry there. No idea how it shoots with the stock as of yet.

Offline coop2424

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2009, 09:57:40 PM »
Well where the two bolts attach it be smooth witch you would get by bedding the action.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal