collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Return Trip - Rock Pit with Ulite 45 SS  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Sabotloader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Return Trip - Rock Pit with Ulite 45 SS
« on: April 26, 2022, 12:28:17 PM »
Sunday was a great day here on the Idaho Palouse!!! We deserved it!

Decided to take the new SS ULite to the pit to complete the sight in process. So, no great message here other than a great afternoon of shooting for FUN!

It was a Sunday and I knew I was taking a chance going out there in the afternoon and not being able to get the Pit because other shooters would be there having fun also. But, the day was SOOOO nice at least the drive would be nice.

To my surprise when I go there - it was empty - nobody there! As I was unloading and setting up - I knew I was fortunate as I heard shooting from the smaller pit up the road and from the open area just a short distance out the lower road.

My old complaint about the pit was obvious again as it was strewn with the remnants of other shooting activities and the remains that were left behind. In fact, I was even a bit fortunate. At the 100 yard rock wall someone had set up 4 clay birds and either didn't hit them or they left before completing their shoot. I planned on making good use of those target after my sight in process.

Carried the target and target board out to the 100 yard mark, then set up the portable bench. Prepared my tailgate work bench and loaded the rifle up. 120 grains of BH-209 by volume, a MMP 40x45 Tan sabot, and a Lehigh 40x200 CF-HP solid copper bullet.

This pic shows both the brass variety and the copper 40x200 CF-HP. Unfortunately, both of these bullets are no longer available at this time as Wilson Combat has bought out the bullet making process from Lehigh Defense.

I took 3 shots at the target and made the necessary scope adjustments both windage and elevation. I use a 3" PBR (Point Blank Range) sight in process, and in that I want the POI to be very close to 3" high.

After sighting in, I naturally went to disposing of the 4 left over birds on the wall. All went well 4 shots took care of business. After that I took a few more shots at various chip targets near that wall. I would have like to shoot a few more but there was group of guys waiting patiently for me to finish so they could start shooting.

This composite pic shows the afternoons expedition with the new Knight Ultra-Lite SS 45.

This is a better pic of the birds on the wall

Keep shooting muzzleloaders - They are a blast!!

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Return Trip - Rock Pit with Ulite 45 SS
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 06:43:13 PM »
Dang good shooting ! That’s a sexy muzzy right there

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal