collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Douglas A Early Bull Moose  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Fishemdeep3542

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
    • Na
  • Groups: Na
Douglas A Early Bull Moose
« on: June 17, 2022, 03:50:43 PM »
Much to my surprise I was shocked to see I finally drew a quality tag. I never thought my first quality tag would be a OIL tag. I am excited and anxious for the upcoming season. I致e never hunted the 108 unit before but I値l be doing multiple scouting trips getting familiar with the roads and lay of the land. I知 all ears if anyone is willing to give any insight. I知 just thankful the opportunity. Best of luck to all the tag holders this fall.

Offline wheels1

• Hunter
Re: Douglas A Early Bull Moose
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 04:20:23 PM »
Congrats

Offline flyguide

• Hunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/redshunting
    • Red's Fly Shop and Hunting
Re: Douglas A Early Bull Moose
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 09:06:00 PM »
I would take a drive up Mt. Rogers, there are some drainages on that side with beautiful old Aspen and Birch. In the early season I would call off of the switchbacks there. I have a Bull Moose tag for Kettle Range, but honestly would have more confidence in Douglas. I have bear hunted there and it just seems like there was always a lot  more sign.  The logging units just north of Mt. Rogers had a lot of sign as well.

Much to my surprise I was shocked to see I finally drew a quality tag. I never thought my first quality tag would be a OIL tag. I am excited and anxious for the upcoming season. I致e never hunted the 108 unit before but I値l be doing multiple scouting trips getting familiar with the roads and lay of the land. I知 all ears if anyone is willing to give any insight. I知 just thankful the opportunity. Best of luck to all the tag holders this fall.
Dream, Plan, Fish, Hunt.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal