collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: What is the WWC and why should HuntWA members support it?  (Read 4654 times)

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
Re: What is the WWC and why should HuntWA members support it?
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2023, 07:07:45 AM »
I was able to do the $100 associate membership but it took some work.  I had to switch to a laptop and then had to refresh the page as I worked through the payment process to get to a credit card option.  Persistence paid off in the end.

:yeah:  Not that I have a lot of faith in our USPS but my printer works, and the check is in the mail.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline steeleywhopper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2023, 08:34:38 AM »
What if we all got together and just raised all kinds of He!! in front of the WDFW booth that they usually have at the Sportsman show? Just really light it up and let them know that we are no longer going to put up with their illegal activities. I know they are mainly Wardens that work the booth, but we have to start putting the heat somewhere. It works for all the other groups in Washington..

WWC gets my money and a big thanks to them for fighting the big fight against a horrible Governor and WDFW Commission!
Politicians like Jay Inslee are the reason we have the 2nd Amendment

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2023, 08:47:59 AM »
What if we all got together and just raised all kinds of He!! in front of the WDFW booth that they usually have at the Sportsman show? Just really light it up and let them know that we are no longer going to put up with their illegal activities. I know they are mainly Wardens that work the booth, but we have to start putting the heat somewhere. It works for all the other groups in Washington..

WWC gets my money and a big thanks to them for fighting the big fight against a horrible Governor and WDFW Commission!

Make sure your passion and motivation do something  doesn't undermine what you want. The problem is the comission, do not make enemies  with the employees they are as powerless as we are. Think of how our director has tried to do what is necessary. 2 bear tags, collar calf studies in the blues, etc.  We can nit pic over the camp fire. Direct you messages of discontent to your legislators
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2023, 03:50:04 PM »
Are they fighting to keep our trapping in Washington?

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2023, 04:53:45 PM »

It appears the trappers association is a member of WWC. Do you think your organization has a representative? I saw a FB post a while ago about the passing of Bobby Thornily whom was an founding member of WWC. She and her husband both worked for the department before the merger were active trappers.

Have you asked the Washington State Trapping association?

It sounds to me like we should all ask organizations we belong to ask some questions on our behalf.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline WWC

• Strenght Through Unity-A United Sportsmens Voice
  • WWC
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/w4wc.org
    • Washingtonians for Wildlife Conservation
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2023, 08:49:01 AM »
The membership hiccup is resolved. Everyone should be able to  buy any membership with out a problem. Please reach out if you encounter a problem.

Washington State Trappers Association is a group member. Our goal is support all methods of take, and educate people about them. Member groups are stronger with us because of the networking with fellow members.  If you are a trapper, archer, waterfowler, modern firearm, or houndsmen your voice is amplified  when we work together.
"Wildlife thrives today because of regulated sport hunting, not in spite of it."

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2023, 04:26:18 PM »
My talk portion of the Republicans and conservation panel went very well today. People were stoked that WWC was standing up against the king. I know at least two who signed up on the spot. Out of about 500 people, I suspect there were quite a few more. Joel Kretz was also on the panel. After we got done, I had a line of people to talk to who asked me more about outreach, the WWC, and the suit.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline GASoline71

• Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.strassburg.7?ref=bookmarks
  • Groups: Conservation Coalition of Washington, ABF WA Chapter, F4WM, WWC
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2023, 08:09:20 AM »
My talk portion of the Republicans and conservation panel went very well today. People were stoked that WWC was standing up against the king. I know at least two who signed up on the spot. Out of about 500 people, I suspect there were quite a few more. Joel Kretz was also on the panel. After we got done, I had a line of people to talk to who asked me more about outreach, the WWC, and the suit.

If you need assistance with an outreach of any kind.  I'm game.  Hunters have been painted with too broad of a brush for far too long.  Our public perception has been convoluded by AR's and anti-hunting groups, and we need to change that narrative.

Gary
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2023, 08:14:40 AM »

If you need assistance with an outreach of any kind.  I'm game.  Hunters have been painted with too broad of a brush for far too long.  Our public perception has been convoluded by AR's and anti-hunting groups, and we need to change that narrative.

Gary

Thanks Gary. We need all the help we can get. If you haven't already, please join the WWC at any level you can afford. www.w4wc.org:tup: :tup: :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline GASoline71

• Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.strassburg.7?ref=bookmarks
  • Groups: Conservation Coalition of Washington, ABF WA Chapter, F4WM, WWC
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2023, 08:34:12 AM »

Gary

Thanks Gary. We need all the help we can get. If you haven't already, please join the WWC at any level you can afford. www.w4wc.org:tup: :tup: :tup:

Absolutely!  I have already renewed my membership.  :)

Gary
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2023, 08:52:03 AM »
Thanks Gary!

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2023, 08:09:20 AM »
Here are a few notes from a local RMEF committee meeting.  I was glad to see this noted.

"Government affairs RMEF rep Ryan Bronson discussed RMEF efforts to push back on restrictive gun laws and how they affect fundraising and Pittman Robertson funding for wildlife.
Wolf status was discussed, Alex is on the Wolf advisory committee—33 packs in WA, but not dispersed into 5 packs per area to allow removing from listing protections.
RMEF working with several sports coalition groups to push back on Governor Inslee’s liberal non game appointees to Wildlife commission."
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2023, 09:26:09 AM »
Here are a few notes from a local RMEF committee meeting.  I was glad to see this noted.

"Government affairs RMEF rep Ryan Bronson discussed RMEF efforts to push back on restrictive gun laws and how they affect fundraising and Pittman Robertson funding for wildlife.
Wolf status was discussed, Alex is on the Wolf advisory committee—33 packs in WA, but not dispersed into 5 packs per area to allow removing from listing protections.
RMEF working with several sports coalition groups to push back on Governor Inslee’s liberal non game appointees to Wildlife commission."

I would encourage you to follow up on that. Nail down if they are going to support this lawsuit or if they have something else in mind. Call me a skeptic but get the general feeling that RMEF and similar Orgs have not learned from RMEF massive membership loss when they refused to engage on wolves.

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 08:16:45 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg