collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lots of Wood  (Read 2119 times)

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Lots of Wood
« on: December 24, 2007, 09:19:53 PM »

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
Re: Lots of Wood
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 09:20:45 PM »

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 09:23:12 PM »

Sorry for the blur.  These kids were a long ways away.

Offline elkaholic

• Longhunter
  • Brokenleg elk
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 09:41:05 PM »
Great pics. I love them. Dad has a few mounted, I have not yet taken one.  one day.

Offline tank

• Hunter
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 10:28:47 PM »
 Very nice pics,I got a pair once was the only shooting that day. They were so pretty I wish I missed. Just don't see too many in the desert area I hunt. No if I had a nice place to put they I would have but at my house a Dodge up on blocks with the tires off would look more natural. I sure enjoy the pics good job and thanks for taking the time to share the beauty of a day out.
tank
I spent most of my money on beer and women.
The rest I just wasted.
 occupation-- RETIRED!!
  don't see how I had time to work with so much to do

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 09:50:01 PM »
i love seeing wood ducks like that. Talk about rare.... a few years ago an older friend of mine and i went out to a place that he use to hunt when he was younger and he said we might see a couple wood ducks while we were out but that they usually stayed outside of shooting range....that was the best duck hunting day of my life. a once in a life time experience. Woodie Grandslam

Well we had decided to go real early some time around noon to make sure we got our spot but got there a little to early. as we got to our make shift blind we both decided that we were really tired and that we would like to take a quick nap before the evening hunt started. well we both slept longer than we wanted and woke up to sounds of ducks flying over head. i quickly jumped in the water and started throwing decoys out. Well i only got about a dozen scattered ducks out and birds were already flying in. So another ten, fifteen minutes came by and a frenzy of ducks came flying in. Shooting time comensed and ducks started falling and flying away. well being the only one with waders i jumped in the water and started retrieving ducks. ALL wood ducks< everyone a drake. but before i could get back to the blind the same group of ducks came back. i had half a dozen woodies in my hand woodies flying overhead. BAMM, BAMM, BAMM :guns: :guns:. Both me and my buddie left out of there with a full limit of drake wood ducks with less than a half hours time of waiting :rockin:. Sad part of the story is and my dad will say he is still sorry to this day for doing it(he doesnt bird hunt so he doesnt understand the signifigance). but i took 3 of the perfect woodies. wrapped and prepped them for getting them proffesionally mounted and went to boot camp a few months later. came back with a bunch of dough to get some birds mounted and my dad had thrown my woodies, goldeneyes and a bunch of other birds away in the trash :DOH:..................

Sad way to end a cool story but man that is a memorie i will never forget!!!!!!!!!!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal