collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Clinton & Gun Control  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
Clinton & Gun Control
« on: January 28, 2008, 06:59:34 PM »
Some of Bill Clinton's history... Obama could end up being much worse for gun owners if you ask me.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/5813.shtml

Jul 31, 2006 Contact: Press Office
              202-646-5188       

New Documents Detail Clinton White House Behind-the-Scenes Role in "War" on Gun Rights

Pushed Plan to Attack the Gun Industry, a la "Big Tobacco"

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch, the public interest group that fights government corruption, announced today that it has uncovered new documents from the Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock, Arkansas which shed light on the Clintons’ plan to attack the gun industry.  The following are highlights from the documents:

A March 6, 2000 letter from New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer includes a handwritten note at the top from Bill Clinton to then-White House Deputy Counsel Bruce Lindsey, which reads:  "Bruce, See me re: this…has some good ideas for future."  Among the "good ideas" -- denying gun manufacturers the right to sell guns to the military and law enforcement unless they sign an anti-gun "code of conduct" that would have crippled the industry.

A memorandum from former Clinton Advisor Sidney Blumenthal to Bruce Reed, Director of the White House Domestic Policy Council, dated November 9, 1998, reads:  "I've enclosed an article and a press release about the new effort to file class action suits against gun manufacturers.  I think this is a very promising idea.  Let's talk about it soon."  The press release, from the Mayor’s Office in New Orleans, was in draft form, suggesting the Mayor coordinated the strategy with the White House.

The "promising idea" identified by Blumenthal involved filing massive product liability and negligence lawsuits against major handgun makers, "the opening salvo in a campaign against the gun industry by an alliance of anti-tobacco attorneys and local governments," wrote The Los Angeles Times.  According to one of the lawyers involved in the lawsuits:  "We are going to do to [the gun industry] what we did to tobacco.  It's going to be a very large war."

In March 2000, less than two years after the Blumenthal memo referenced above, the Clinton strategy was used to strong-arm gun manufacturer Smith and Wesson to install gun locks, introduce so-called “smart gun” strategy, and to ban the sale of its weapons at trade shows.  Smith and Wesson broke ranks with other gun manufacturers and agreed to execute this strategy if a lawsuit against the company would be dropped.

“These new documents clearly show that the Clinton administration put into motion an organized plan to attack the gun industry,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.  “Tough questions about these extortive methods ought to be asked of both Clintons.”

PDF Docs
http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive/2006/gundocs.pdf

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
Re: Clinton & Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 08:41:25 PM »
Time to renew my NRA membership. Again. Maybe a donation to ILA.
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

sisu

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 05:21:11 PM »
It's a war between the antis and the pros. Trouble is there seem to be too many sheep in the United States. I can see the wimps bringing their hand guns, then their semi-auto shotguns and rifles, then pumps and doubles in for disposal and then finally the singles. It has happened in England, Australia, etc. and The United Nations would smile on the US if they did this too. Funny thing is we f***** pay for the existence of the United Nations. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hate that name.

Why can't we elect a president with a set of testicles? Has American slipped that far down the pike that we will eventually give  up our way of life and become just like the Europeans? God I hope I am dead and gone by then.
Give me a cigar and an espresso, please.

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 06:00:39 PM »
Sisu, the correct term would be   "sheeple"   :bash:

Offline MikeWalking

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Patches Pal
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 03:09:29 PM »
Sisu, the correct term would be   "sheeple"   

Ah, another fan of the Colonel?

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 03:30:10 PM »
Time to renew my NRA membership. Again. Maybe a donation to ILA.

X2

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by BigVinn
[Today at 10:21:19 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Today at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Today at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Today at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter