collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New Guy Post  (Read 1235 times)

Offline aaronrocker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
New Guy Post
« on: March 22, 2012, 06:36:33 PM »
Well my name is Aaron McClellan. Obviously new to this site. A transplant from Duckhuntingchat.com, not that im abandoning that site, just also interested in more species and maybe a few new buddy's.

Originally from Indiana, there till i was 18, joined the military finished training and was stationed in Wichita KS. Loved it there, So many ducks, if you put in the work to find em. Lived in Kansas for six years and received orders and moved to Puyallup December 2011. got in a few good duck hunts here end of the season. and even more crowded hunts with people everywhere. lots more scouting will commence before the next season to stop just that from happening again.

Also was the lucky recipient of a Spring Black Bear tag this season. cant wait to do that. Being a Midwest guy, never even seen a bear in the wild, but i feel good seeing him for the first time with rifle in hand, haha.

Met up with the fine folks at WWA (Washington Waterfowl Association). Liked what i saw and joined up, week ago went out and cleaned up duck boxes and replaced nest tubes with em. also have been out to Tacoma Sportsmans Club and shot a few times with members.

Anywho, nice to meet you all.

Quack Quack Boom!
Aaron

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Old Salt
Re: New Guy Post
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 06:39:59 PM »
Hey Aaron, welcome to the site. What unit did you draw?

Offline waoutdoorsman

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 07:04:15 PM »
Welcome! Maybe ill run into ya at tsc sometime,
Congrats on the spring bear tag!
Chupacabra: Spanish for mangy coyote.

Offline aaronrocker

• Pilgrim
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 09:01:41 PM »
Drew a Copalis tag.

Offline Ripper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Sobriety is the spice of life.
    • Mark Wantola
    • Ripper Family Adventures
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 10:19:29 PM »
Welcome Aaron, I'm also an Indiana transplant. Grew up in Michigan City on the shores of Lake Michigan. I drew a spring bear tag also, Monroe. I can't help with Copalis, never been there. Thanks for your service, I'm an ex Navy guy, and welcome to the site. If you ever get up my way, Snohomish County, look me up. Shoot me a PM before hand and we can swap #'s      Mark
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not!

Offline aaronrocker

• Pilgrim
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 09:24:52 AM »
Welcome Aaron, I'm also an Indiana transplant. Grew up in Michigan City on the shores of Lake Michigan. I drew a spring bear tag also, Monroe. I can't help with Copalis, never been there. Thanks for your service, I'm an ex Navy guy, and welcome to the site. If you ever get up my way, Snohomish County, look me up. Shoot me a PM before hand and we can swap #'s      Mark
I grew up in Elkhart, small world. im up there quite a bit actually, have a buddy that lives in south Everett.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal