collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: $685 Million to be Cut from Federal Wildlife and Public Lands Funds  (Read 8745 times)

Offline bear

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: $685 Million to be Cut from Federal Wildlife and Public Lands Funds
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 06:39:43 PM »
Sucks ya but I have no problem with cutting funds.  We need more than this!  Of course this huge Gov. monster will cutback.  Its needed and they will punish us first before themselves.  Every dollar spent is 40cents borrowed!!!  Crazy!  Cut more! :twocents:
:yeah:
Cut. Cut. Cut!

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 06:40:36 PM »
From what I have heard the only federal land management agency money that won't be touched are those raised from fees to enter/be on federal lands. So things like national park entry passes, NW forest pass, etc. Those will not be cut, however what will be cut is the methods to obtain those funds (staffers working at ranger stations, visitor centers, etc.)

Bigtex, admittedly I don't understand this whole sequest or whatever its called. But how can they cut designated funds from sporting goods sales that are taxed for that purpose?  :dunno:

My guess is Legally They can't.
But since there is more than likely now one big enough to take them to the wall they will just Ramrod it.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 06:41:21 PM »
Just a side note:

Does anyone have an idea of the amount of funds raised by the Pittman-Robertson act over the last couple of months since the the gun band talks started!!
More than sequesting will take away from what I've heard.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 06:43:36 PM »
From what I have heard the only federal land management agency money that won't be touched are those raised from fees to enter/be on federal lands. So things like national park entry passess, NW forest pass, etc. Those will not be cut, however what will be cut is the methods to obtain those funds (staffers working at ranger stations, visitor centers, etc.)

Bigtex, admittedly I don't understand this whole sequest or whatever its called. But how can they cut designated funds from sporting goods sales that are taxed for that purpose?  :dunno:

My guess is they simply won't dispurse the money to the states.

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 06:45:10 PM »
2.8 billion NCIS checks just in December. What does that number equate to?

Not sure if they were all 100.00 purchases!! but even at 8.2% that's a pretty good chunk of change!!
That's not counting all the accessories that were also purchased!!

Well the funds that are siphoned off will buy several rounds of golf with Tiger!!
Does anyone know if he can play the fiddle?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:01:01 AM by Ridgeratt »

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 06:50:45 PM »
I forwarded these to several of my friends back in October.

http://www.nssf.org/bulletpoints/view.cfm?Iyr=2012&Bissue=102212.htm

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/features/226642

Wildlife Conservation Funds
Could Be Raided to Reduce Deficit

BREACH OF TRUST WITH AMERICA'S SPORTSMEN . . . One more negative outcome of the inability of Congress and the Obama administration to reach an agreement on reducing the federal deficit may be the siphoning off of millions of dollars from wildlife conservation funding provided by the 10-11 percent tax paid on new firearms and ammunition under the 75-year-old Pittman-Robertson Act. This eventuality is brought to you courtesy of the so-called budget sequestration measure that forces a $1.2 trillion cut in federal spending should Congress fail to enact a deficit-reduction plan. Because no such agreement is yet in view, draconian mandated across-the-board budget cuts, sometimes referred to as "the fiscal cliff," are what awaits the nation starting early in 2013. Granted, there are larger economic issues posed by our burgeoning national debt and the inability of our elected leaders to reach a comprehensive agreement on taxing and spending, but any funds taken from what is supposed to be a dedicated trust fund to benefit wildlife conservation still constitutes a breach of trust with America's sportsmen and reneges on a promise first made during the height of the Great Depression. Hunters and shooting sports enthusiasts should call their U.S. representatives and senators at 202-224-3121 and tell them to safeguard Pittman-Robertson funds for their historic conservation purposes.

Offline KopperBuck

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
$685 Million to be Cut from Federal Wildlife and Public Lands Funds
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 07:47:14 PM »
Crap. Following up on this.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 07:54:51 PM »
Don't panic guys, none of this is going to be cut.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline wt

• Scout
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 08:15:56 PM »
Maybe some increased timber harvest on NF land could offset some personnel cuts for the FS. They could start in the Solduc .  :dunno:

Offline deerslyr

• Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 08:21:52 PM »
Of course they will take it out on us and try not to harm themselves.  Fine, I will take my lumps but they are next!  Corrupt sons of - well you get my point.  Bring it!  CUT CUT CUT!  Our Countrys future depends on it.

Maybe some increased timber harvest on NF land could offset some personnel cuts for the FS. They could start in the Solduc .  :dunno:

Offline xd2005

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 08:44:25 PM »
Maybe they can give us our museum at Pearson Airfield back now that they won't have money :)

Offline thatkidwho

• Hunter
  • New to hunting but not the outdoors.
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 09:36:06 PM »
I've never seen an actual reduction of current spending, only reductions in increased spending.

Are these cuts actual cuts in spending or cuts in increased spending?

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 09:46:03 PM »
I've never seen an actual reduction of current spending, only reductions in increased spending.

Are these cuts actual cuts in spending or cuts in increased spending?
Actual cuts in spending.

Offline Wacenturion

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 10:31:13 PM »
It's a reduction in the planned increase in federal spending.  Scare tactics and smoke and mirrors.  Just like state government or any government for that matter, who throw cuts on the table they know will  be unpopular with the public.  Shut hatcheries, close game farms, close parks and camping.  It's all just a way for government to scare people into thinking they have to rally and force the opposition to go along with increased taxes and spending.

Enough is enough.  Go ahead and cut and we'll see how long the public leaves your sorry a***s in power.  How about fraud and waste.  Want to try starting there for a change?  That in itself would help correct the deficit quickly.  But that's just chump change to these morons...why bother.

I just hope the Republicans let O own his own sequestration.  Tried of this blame game and he pointing the finger at everyone except himself.  You own it, now deal with it.  Something has to stop this madness. 
"About the time you realize that your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."

Offline Wacenturion

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 10:34:02 PM »
PR and DJ funds are dedicated.  Don't quite understand where they get off thinking they can manipulate those fund sources other than if tax revenues from sales are down, then so would be the allocation of those funds to respective states, or vise versa.
"About the time you realize that your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal