collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: "BIG NASTY" the Myth the Legend and the Fall........taxi pics added!  (Read 26899 times)

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
This is my story of the BIG NASTY..

Coach and I were covering ground that most men would not even attempt. And we were doing this after eating meals that would make most men take a instant nap (thanks CHIRS).  I mean steaks, apple pie and vanilla ice cream!!! On our first outing we were suprised to come back to camp and find that indians do share their game with the white man. Holy ****!!! my butt will never be the same!!! thanks PLATEAU!!!

So we put on mile and miles. Finally we came across big nasty in an area I knew well. He really didn't  bugle he frickin screamed. NO doubt about it he was the KING of the hill. Thursday we had him at about 60 yards in thick nasty. I was calling an he was coming on a rope, Corey was in a great spot to send one flying! But no big nasty found out he was being hunted and left rather quickly down the hill. We ran about a mile and got around on him again and thats when the most arrogant spike I have ever seen played with a big bad ball of fire. this spike walked in on us at about 20 yds and busted me! he was dead if he just two two more steps!!! Nope instead he circled us for 45 mins barking like a dog!! I was getting really pissed at this spike!!!

So we head back to camp and the very next morning Karl, Coach and I are walking into BIG NASTY meadow and low and behold the damn barking started again! Damn that spike!! At this point I wanted Corey to shoot this SOB, he was taunting us!!!! We hunted hard all day but BIG NASTY must of been having dinner with the ladies out of town!!

So without dragging this out sunday morning we were all lost as to what we do next. It was 4th Quarter and 4th down and 10 and we were facing elimination by the BIG NASTY.  We caught a break heading to one of my 5000 honey holes!! Bingo a cow not to far off the road. We talked corey into pulling over and changing out of his pink short shorts and Karl and I let out a bugle... We get a hell of a response from BIG NASTY. ( THERE WAS NO DOUBT WHICH BULL HE WAS WHEN HE BELLOWED). oh **** We grab packs and run like three guys on crack headed to the hood for more crack!

Well big nasty decided our fat Asses need a little 5 mile morning hike over through hell! I know it was hell, (there was a red sign that read, HELL RIGHT TURN HERE). So as if 120 miles of hiking had not been enough in the previous days of hunting, lets give it 5 more!!!

We outsmarted BIG NASTY after about 3 miles of his arrogant nonsense. We would cow call and he would just put another half mile between us and him!!!  this happened over and over and over!!! Finally the three of us literally huddled up and made one last play!!  IN all the knowledge of elk books, videos and just being around elk I had never been told to RUN AT THE ELK. Well you guessed it we RAN after the elk. TO hell with being quiet....

Well we got within 40 yds of BIG NASTY and Corey commenced to beating up a tree like mike tyson did his girlfriends. This pissed off BIG NASTY, he came running up a hill but would not step out in the open!! So what does he do? He ran again, how bout another half mile boys!!! So we ran too!!!

Then Corey and I snuck up to within 25 yds of BIG NASTY but we didnt see him before he seen us!!! SOB off he ran again. He made a final mistake that cost him his ladies and his life. He made a circle and came back to get his ladies, Corey went in a deflated his arrogant nonsense..

I have to say this hunt was the hardest but most rewarding two weeks of hunting I have ever had!! Coach is an amazing hunter and a true friend that never quits! hunt with him? You better be ready to walk and walk and walk and then run. I truly think he is sycho!! If he says anything about taking a short cut, turn the other way and run like hell!!!

Karl, wow!!! You are a class act and one hell of a hunter!!! Thanks so much for joining us !!! it was a blast...

CHRIS!! I cant walk 15 miles before noon and eat blueberry pancakes at 5 am!!! Your attitude and helping around camp was amazing to say the least! CHEF,COOK, whatever you wanna call it is top notch viddles for us !!!  thank you so much...

AARON BLANCHARD,
Thank you for the Ultimate Sacrifice to your Country!! You were with us each step of the way brother!! We gave it hell just like you would have, Your little brother is sure proud of you.. May you stand watch in heaven and hunt mighty bull elk!!!!

Thank you HUNT-WA for following our dream hunt. My story was short but there are tons of stories withing the big story!! Everything happened perfectly and no way in hell were we coming home without BIG NASTY!! We played ball with him and after a long life in the hills we brought him home.

Again thank you to anyone and everyone who made this dream come true.

RTSPRING,
Kurt W. Perkins
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:51:07 PM by rtspring »
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
Re: "BIG NASTY" the Myth the Legend and the Fall...............
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 05:12:59 PM »
 :llam: :llam: :llam:

This whole story was like a screenplay.

I was glued to it the whole time.  The only time I've been hunting in the woods, after my own elk, when I was wondering how somebody else on HuntWa was doing.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline bowguy

• bow guy
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 05:15:01 PM »
Awesome hunt.

Offline slack56

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 05:16:11 PM »
That was a great story. A hunt you will remember for a lifetime.

Offline deerhunter_98520

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Old Salt
  • Chief Executive Head Anarchist of YKWTSASFFRO
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 05:19:38 PM »
 :yeah: great story  :tup:
Official hunt-wa bigfoot field researcher!

Offline Encore 280

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Encore 280
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 05:33:59 PM »
RT you have to submit that story to the RMEF to put in BUGLE and start from the beginning. That was awesome. I don't know you guys other than being on here and following your threads since Capt. Blanchard made the ultimate sacrifice for his country. I would love to hunt with you guys anytime but I think I'm getting too old to do it the way you guys go about it, too hard core for me. All of you guys are awesome and my hat is off to you. Great job and I still say the Capt. put that nasty ass bull up to his tricks making you chase him around until he got stooopid!! Congratulations you guys.  :tup:

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 05:40:22 PM »
Great story I could not wait to read multiple times and wished I couldve stayed longer and helped out more.   :tup:  talk about memories and one heck of a way to homor a fallen brother. :tup:  you guys did him proud and he's smiling from heaven.  And come on they weren't that hot were they???? :dunno: :chuckle:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline Bulldozer77

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 05:44:44 PM »
Awesome..... Just awesome!  :tup:

Offline tgray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 05:49:37 PM »
Well played. Nice job guys!

Offline jason stevens

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 05:52:49 PM »
Thank you very much for the story and cograts to all who helped great job!! He is smiling upstairs.

Offline buddy01

• Hunter
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 06:06:24 PM »
What a commitment, to honor Aaron. Most hunters wont hunt that hard for a elk. But you guys had some help, Captain Aaron R Blanchard.  What a story from start to finish. :tup:

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 06:15:35 PM »
Thanks for the story RT. :tup:
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 06:28:49 PM »
So I'm sure that I won't get the last word in with Perkins on here , he just forgot to mention his fear of heights and things that go bump in the night  :chuckle: Really a guy couldn't ask for a better time . Going in Blind to a new camp couldn't have turned out better , I had a few doubts about RT those who have met him know he's a bit of a loose cannon . That being said there where no bar fights and he took the daily abuse over hill and dale quite well for a rifle hunter. The one thing I'll will say this group has your back and will go to hell and beyond with you . I'm sure that the memories have just begun. Hell how many can say that they met a group of guys and in a week have been through a war of will power and stamina and laughed till our guts hurt , had top notch food and spent a moment on the mountain sharing a tear . Kurt and I aren't the smallest boys on the hill but our motto is keep stepping and what's beyond the next ridge . I know it was hard for Karl to keep up  :chuckle: but he always manage to catch up while Kurt was having a smoke .... We all had a common goal to keep at it  and hunt till the last minute , I just really didn't expect it to be noon on the 15th . We had many good hunts and I had chances to kill earlier in the hunt , but I figured that as long as we gave it 110% like Arron would have it really didn't matter the out come. thanks for tagging along with us hunt wa . Next mission Cloc cow for Cookie ! BTW if any of you have ever road a dirt bike over MT Cliffty RT owes you a favor typically kept for prison....
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline JBar

• The Family "Guide"
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 06:34:13 PM »
Great story congrats coach and crew!
Shut up and Hunt!

Offline RB

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 06:43:49 PM »
Awesome story! Glad it all worked out what a great hunt  :tup:
IAFF #3728

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter