collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Honey, there's a stray cat at the door.  (Read 7970 times)

Offline benhuntin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Honey, there's a stray cat at the door.
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 12:28:32 PM »

Definitely a dead cat if that's my place. Maybe benhuntin don't have kids?
i got 4. I see a lot of cats and don't see them as blood thirsty child killers I guess. You fellas can do what ever you want.
If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 12:36:52 PM »

i got 4. I see a lot of cats and don't see them as blood thirsty child killers I guess. You fellas can do what ever you want.

No one said they're bloodthirsty killers. It's only that cats in this specific scenario present a danger. His actions are highly unusual for such a reclusive animal. If I had 4 kids and ever let them play by themselves outside and this happened, I wouldn't wait for an attack as an excuse to kill it. But, I've got good kids. So,... :chuckle:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline benhuntin

• Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 12:41:06 PM »

No one said they're bloodthirsty killers. It's only that cats in this specific scenario present a danger. His actions are highly unusual for such a reclusive animal. If I had 4 kids and ever let them play by themselves outside and this happened, I wouldn't wait for an attack as an excuse to kill it. But, I've got good kids. So,... :chuckle:
what does " But, I've got good kids. So" mean?

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 12:45:30 PM »

what does " But, I've got good kids. So" mean?
I'd guess that if his kids were bad troublemakers he may let a lion eat a few.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2015, 12:45:45 PM »
It was a joke. Lighten up, Francis.

"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 12:47:11 PM »
They are dangerous, especially to children.  Here's one account, though it was in a wilderness area.
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19940825&slug=1927010

Offline benhuntin

• Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 12:48:52 PM »

It was a joke. Lighten up, Francis.

I have a bad sense of humor when it comes to my kids I guess. But I guess it was a real funny joke.

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 02:21:13 PM »
They are dangerous, especially to children.  Here's one account, though it was in a wilderness area.
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19940825&slug=1927010
Great article to post JH, and provides even more of a reason remove that cat from the OP from the population since cats do not know or care about wilderness area that is the real issue.

As a few have mentioned, it being that unafraid in a persons backyard in close proximity to people is a problem.  It is one thing for a cat to track you when you are out hiking in the Mtn, very different for it to come up on a porch and not haul ass out of there when confronted.

It was at that window to get at those domestic cats or anything else it could eat.  Wild animals are not bloodthirsty killers.  But they are predators, their role in the world is to eat weaker animals and produce more cats..  Therefore young children, yes, food and that cat can and will kill them if given any opportunity.  Not because it is evil, but because that is what they do.

Taking it out also means one less predator killing deer and elk making for strong herds for us all to hunt come fall..

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal