collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bump Stocks  (Read 21053 times)

Offline winshooter88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Bump Stocks
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2017, 11:24:41 PM »
Just taking a tranquilizer or anti depressant does not prohibit you owning a gun legally, if you are addicted then that is a different story. just like mental health issues there has to be proof of the abuse or an adjudication of mental illness or a commitment to make it illegal, an form what the police have said that didn't happen that they can find out. The latest news reports are saying that he had 12 rifles with bump stocks in his room, and 60 and 100 round magazines.

Personally, I see no need for bump stocks or full auto weapons unless you are fighting a war, they might be fun to try once or twice but the amount of ammo you would use costs to much money. When I was a kid (18) my friend and I tried to see how fast we could empty my Marlin model 60 semi-auto 22 rifle. Using a stop watch either one of us could empty all 19 rounds I just under 4 seconds, of course we couldn't do it with any accuracy.

Offline HuntnFishnRyan

• Tracker
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2017, 01:46:36 AM »
betcha can't say bump stocks five times fast  :chuckle:

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2017, 05:54:17 AM »
Like Pman says, I'd consider giving up bump stocks, if I could be ensured that that would be the end of this, WE have to give up something, every time a mad man acts.

Otherwise, I'd consider trading bump stocks for unregulated suppressors, national reciprocity, indictments in the IRS political targeting and hillary email scandals, and a shrubbery.

If we are going to demand stuff that has no effect on whether it will prevent evil people from killing again, then those are MY demands.

Nobody tell the knee jerk left that bumpfire device bans would require banning rubber bands, and thumbs, and physics.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 06:05:37 AM by Fl0und3rz »

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 08:24:41 AM »
Like Pman says, I'd consider giving up bump stocks, if I could be ensured that that would be the end of this, WE have to give up something, every time a mad man acts.

Otherwise, I'd consider trading bump stocks for unregulated suppressors, national reciprocity, indictments in the IRS political targeting and hillary email scandals, and a shrubbery.

If we are going to demand stuff that has no effect on whether it will prevent evil people from killing again, then those are MY demands.

Nobody tell the knee jerk left that bumpfire device bans would require banning rubber bands, and thumbs, and physics.

You are thinking in terms of negotiation. NO. According to them that debate is over.

These are compromises there is no give and take. You are evil., dangerous, and must be controlled. You must surrender property for no legitimate reason. The next time you will agree to surrender more property and be subjugated to restriction, regulation of your property. Once regulated you will pay fees, taxes, and licensing of your property. You will be monitored, investgated, and evaluated much deeper and invasive than exists. Then, finally you will surrender different property and the cycle goes on. Every time a tool is misused for terror by criminals it is subject to complete Government restriction and or confiscation. All the Left needs is a Patsy and we must submit to their agenda. Kinda like BLM, ANTIFA ANTICS, and so on. They trade in violence to advance a crappy agenda.

I say just kill the bad guys.
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2017, 09:33:16 AM »

These are compromises there is no give and take. You are evil., dangerous, and must be controlled. You must surrender property for no legitimate reason. The next time you will agree to surrender more property and be subjugated to restriction, regulation of your property. Once regulated you will pay fees, taxes, and licensing of your property. You will be monitored, investgated, and evaluated much deeper and invasive than exists. Then, finally you will surrender different property and the cycle goes on. Every time a tool is misused for terror by criminals it is subject to complete Government restriction and or confiscation. All the Left needs is a Patsy and we must submit to their agenda. Kinda like BLM, ANTIFA ANTICS, and so on. They trade in violence to advance a crappy agenda.

I say just kill the bad guys.

Agreed.

You are thinking in terms of negotiation. NO. According to them that debate is over.

That was said in jest.

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
Low T Beta Male

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2017, 12:12:18 PM »
Interesting situation, NRA is now calling on the ATF to regulate them and it's all over that it was under Obama's watch they were determined to be in compliance.

Of course, it's all for show.  The ATF didn't really have a choice and it didn't matter who was president.  The way the law is written, they are legal.  ATF doesn't write laws.

Offline CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2017, 12:17:04 PM »
They will be banned, it's just a matter of time.  No one wants to take a stand to support them.  A smart representative would tack the ban on to the SHARE (Sportsman’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement) Act

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2017, 12:27:49 PM »
Agreed, they are history.  With that momentum, will they get after mags >10 rounds?  It will certainly be tried in some form.

I would imagine WA will have initiatives.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2017, 12:33:59 PM »
Interesting situation, NRA is now calling on the ATF to regulate them and it's all over that it was under Obama's watch they were determined to be in compliance.

Of course, it's all for show.  The ATF didn't really have a choice and it didn't matter who was president.  The way the law is written, they are legal.  ATF doesn't write laws.

:yeah:

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2017, 12:46:19 PM »
Most likely we get no healthcare reform, No Tax reform, and get a subject of gun bans at State levels at least, mod items banned by name. (Always super effective). Maybe (Tannerite) binary flash bans, all progun legislation killed. To a Democrat this is quite a bounty isn't It? Why no hammers to break window bans? Hammers are dangerous.

Of course, bullet legislation requiring no more than one round discharged per 3 seconds in all settings would be more effective than all this other stuff.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Offline bigdave

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2017, 01:07:33 PM »
I smell a rat. The sound of the gunfire was too consistently spaced to have been a bump fired weapon. Someone is trying to hide something. who? Well, your guess is same as mine at this point.

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2017, 01:27:15 PM »
Agreed, they are history.  With that momentum, will they get after mags >10 rounds?  It will certainly be tried in some form.

I would imagine WA will have initiatives.

I bought 3 25 round mags for my 10/22 today. And a 10/22.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »
Bimart had an ammo sale!
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Today at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Today at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Today at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Today at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter