collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Links for some good hunting podcasts  (Read 3532 times)

Online Brushbuster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Links for some good hunting podcasts
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 06:57:19 PM »
I recently started listening to Randy Newberg's podcast. Normally they are Wed night at 7 & there are a ton of old ones you can listen to.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/hunt-talk-radio-randy-newberg-unfiltered-hunting-conservation

Offline rosscrazyelk

• BMM
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2017, 08:01:32 AM »
The rich outdoors is good, he has good guests and you do learn some stuff but it also seems to be i do this I do that.
Randy newburg is good and informative but also sometimes is i do this type thing.
Gritty bowman  is good as well.
I was listening to full draw which is now something else but I find it just a this is what I do podcast.
Meat eater is just a learning machine, tons of topics with super smart people that explain things super well. It's not always hunting related but it's outdoor related..
If its brown knock it down

Offline Tim in Wa.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 08:10:23 AM »
Tradquest is very good

Offline buglebuster

• ELKOHOLIC
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2017, 05:37:41 PM »
Anybody going to the live podcast cody rich is putting on in longview January 6th? Born and raised crew and Phelps crew will be tgere

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2017, 07:37:29 PM »
Anybody going to the live podcast cody rich is putting on in longview January 6th? Born and raised crew and Phelps crew will be tgere
    Yeah no
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline CaNINE

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 06:37:27 AM »
Haven't heard of Cody Rich. I'll have to check his podcast out.

For me, Meat Eater is by far the best. Gritty Bowman is great if you skip the first two minutes of introduction. Hunt Backcountry. Randy Newberg. Avery Outdoors (Rokslide).
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

Proverbs 12:27

Offline blackveltbowhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • BLAM
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 10:31:33 AM »
   All the ones listed so far :tup:  Great stuff out there, and some real good information.  I really enjoy meateater because the range of topics is very broad. Lots of content goes deeper than just "how to" or stories I enjoy that.

HuntHarvestHealth is probably my current favorite another one that is great because the topics dive into more than just hunting. If your into living cleaner, family health, and tough hunts its a must listen! This was my first year going MHF ( mountain house free ) and the ideas from this podcast were key to taking the plunge. While I am still refining my own system its been great getting the ball rolling. If you have a significant other they may also enjoy the listen and comparing notes.   

I am a gear junky and kifaru cast is a no brainer in that department.

TRO, GB, etc.... I enjoy them, but find myself picking and choosing the episodes. Kinda reminds me of the "old" days and getting magazines. Certain articles got read right away based on content or author others were left for later or glossed over completley.

Elk calling is obviously a hot topic in all hunting arenas. And lots of great information! But I have found myself shying away more and more from "how to" anything in that realm. Not because I think anyone is wrong, but simply because for me it is so situation and animal specific that it has gotten confusing trying all the different "theories" that are thrown around as sure fire ways to bring in a hot bull. I prefer guys that share it in a more of this is what I do/did, and it worked for me. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]