collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Truck gun rack  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
Truck gun rack
« on: February 26, 2020, 08:17:01 AM »
So usually throughout the year I’ve got my coyote rifle in the truck and come fall I’ll have my 30-30 and a 22 in my truck. I’ve always just laid my soft case in the back, tried the back window but with my 01 and my 04 Chevy they don’t hold that well. My new to me 04 is a crew cab and I’d like my rifle in reach so I’m considering an overhead mount but I had a buddy that had his gun come free on a bumpy road and bust his head. Also considered the seat back mounts and I could do a high one but I have my 6 year old in the back every other weekend and I don’t want leg room taken up if I’ve got other hunters with me. Also looking at the floor mount options, I don’t have a bench in front so I’m considering removing my center console and installing a center rack to hold em.

What does anyone else use? And I’m asking for the serious guys that probably have guns in the truck everyday- ranchers, guides, etc.

And I’d like something secure as I was in a rollover in November and we had been out shooting and tried a deer hunt that day so I had 4 rifles thrown around in my cab and luckily those soft cases and our groceries cushioned them enough that none broke. I’m thinking like a patrol car style gun rack would do that yeah?
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
Re: Truck gun rack
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 08:31:13 AM »
I.ve had good luck with Big Sky overhead mounts, I sold my truck with it still in. I wish I had it back for my newest truck.
https://bigskyracks.com/sporting/
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 05:04:24 PM »
 I got this off eBay few years back . I have used it in my 2005 Silverado ,  got new truck recently but have tried to put it on it yet he has them for many trucks , and the big sky racks are nice had one of those in my sxs

Offline jackson7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 07:37:34 PM »
I use something like the "Mud River Back of Truck Seat Organizer". Hangs on the front seat headrests. one I have holds 3. There are others out there that are cheaper.
 I like it. Shotgun or rifle is easy to pull out, especially the top one.

Offline follow maggie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 08:15:46 PM »
I use one made of cordura, I think. It’s the length of the seat & has 3 compartments that zip open & closed. It fastens around the head rests and attaches to the seat frame on the bottom. I’ve had it for about 10 years I think & really like it.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal