collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Are newer jeeps that bad?  (Read 1422 times)

Online Lucky1

• Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA. GOP
Re: Are newer jeeps that bad?
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2020, 07:03:42 PM »
I bought a 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo with 110K miles. At 120K, one off the serpentine pulleys sheared off the block. At 122K, the heads blew - new engine. Then the heater core at 130K. Water pump shortly after. The seat construction is horrible with band metal supporting the seats - also replaced at 130K. The actuators went out at 150K. The weather stripping died then, too. Other than a Willy's, I wouldn't purchase another one of those pieces of crap if it were free...because it would cost too much to keep on the road. Do I sound jaded? You bet I am!
That era usually has alot of electrical issues, sounds like you got a good one  :chuckle:
Thatís hilarious!

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2020, 08:18:36 PM »
It amazes me the number of these new jeep owners like Rubicon's with winches, lifts, etc. that never get off the pavement. Obviously an expensive fad

Six different families in my neighborhood have multiple (more than two) Rubicons, One family has five, all built for rock-crawling, Mom, Dad, and all three kids.
They all belong to an Serious Rubicon Off-road club and make multiple runs to Moab, Utah a year and are out almost every weekend. They are serious rock-crawlers.

The point?
If you are looking for a very good off-road vehicle, and can put up with how an offroad vehicle drives daily, and understand they will nickel and dime you, as will all offroad vehicles, then a Jeep might be for you.

I have owned four Jeeps over the years. Two went over 280k miles. The other two I traded in for another Jeep
They all have quirks. Two I kept pretty much stock, the other two were built to trail and crawl.

As I was reading this thread, I saw a jeep pull into the parking lot at my office bldg.  Never seen one like this before....looks sweet to me.

That is the Jeep Gladiator.

Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline Jellymon

• Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2020, 08:37:10 PM »
It amazes me the number of these new jeep owners like Rubicon's with winches, lifts, etc. that never get off the pavement. Obviously an expensive fad

Six different families in my neighborhood have multiple (more than two) Rubicons, One family has five, all built for rock-crawling, Mom, Dad, and all three kids.
They all belong to an Serious Rubicon Off-road club and make multiple runs to Moab, Utah a year and are out almost every weekend. They are serious rock-crawlers.

The point?
If you are looking for a very good off-road vehicle, and can put up with how an offroad vehicle drives daily, and understand they will nickel and dime you, as will all offroad vehicles, then a Jeep might be for you.

I have owned four Jeeps over the years. Two went over 280k miles. The other two I traded in for another Jeep
They all have quirks. Two I kept pretty much stock, the other two were built to trail and crawl.

As I was reading this thread, I saw a jeep pull into the parking lot at my office bldg.  Never seen one like this before....looks sweet to me.

Modified 4dr JK wrangler. Look closely.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2020, 08:41:32 PM »

The point?

Modified 4dr wrangler. Look closely.

I thought it was just the pic that made it look a little shorted,  you are correct.

The gutter do not continue back to the "add-on" extended part, and all Gladiators are four door.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline MountainWalk

• "Pa Nevermissashot"
  • Political Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2020, 09:44:33 PM »
I love my yj!.   I'd like to get a tj, maybe newer.
The trees can't grow without the sun in their eyes.
           And we can't live if we're afraid to die.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Crappy way to end the season by 2MANY
[Today at 12:28:20 PM]

Mburrows 2020 Deer Season by JakeLand
[Today at 12:27:29 PM]

Tikka build thread by fillthefreezer
[Today at 12:24:59 PM]

2020 Deer post em here by jstone
[Today at 12:24:36 PM]

What would you do? by X-Force
[Today at 12:12:37 PM]