collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: How old do you think this buck is?  (Read 7085 times)

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
Re: How old do you think this buck is?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2021, 06:47:05 AM »
Frustrating to me that because of peoples selfishness and jealousy that we cant see and enjoy more pictures. I can only imagine how an evening around the campfire would be with you and your crew!

Online bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2021, 09:10:22 AM »
Frustrating to me that because of peoples selfishness and jealousy that we cant see and enjoy more pictures. I can only imagine how an evening around the campfire would be with you and your crew!

I think folks were copying them because a lot of them were vintage pictures, many were old black and whites that are in pristine condition, some are very unique and some are quite frankly to some, unbelievable in todays hunting. I pulled most of them because I couldn't imagine someone else having them thats not family, they are treasures, and when I posted them I had no idea they could be copied or what ever, I am not computer savvy.  A couple of those pictures had 20 bucks hanging on a meat pole, all the bucks that were in that picture were 4 point or better, they were all black and whites from the 30,s and 40,s. I had old black and whites that had been colorized,high tech back in the day :chuckle:. I had pictures of my great grandma and her sister with a huge 4 point they had lassoed ;).  I put one old black and white on here of my great grandmas friend named Gabe who later went on to work for Alaska Fish and Game, it was from the 40,s also, Gabe was 6'.5" tall and weighed over 270 Lbs, Gabe was standing next to a buck on the pole that he had killed, a HUGE non typical, they did not weigh it, the buck made Gabe look like a little boy, in fact that picture is the one I was tipped off about and a few others. I posted pictures of my dads 1967 buck and many more, sometimes it doesn't matter, people still want to question things, human nature I guess, like I say, I've learned some lessons here, including don't talk about how much a deer weighed, even if you do have pictures or the game department weighed it :chuckle:...Oh, by the way, that monstrous buck that Gabe killed was bigger than the 1967 buck my dad killed, it just wasn't weighed, for those who may have that picture, remember Gabe was 6'5" and weighed 270lbs ;) :tup:

Offline Elkfun12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2021, 10:11:38 AM »
Yes this is a "westside" deer     ;)

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]