collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Archery Antlerless Mudflow tag  (Read 5535 times)

Offline BlackRiverTaxidermy

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Joel - Owner/Taxidermist
    • BlackRiver Taxidermy
    • BlackRiver Taxidermy
  • Groups: RMEF, DU, NRA, WSTA
Re: Archery Antlerless Mudflow tag
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2022, 03:50:34 PM »
Looking for anyone that has recently drawn the mudflow tag. I am still awaiting the packet from WDFW but would love any advice from those of you that have hunted the special draw in recent years. So far from my research it's looking like I can access from 504 from the north. Plan to cover plenty of ground during the season and hoping to get a scouting trip or two in to at least locate some better areas to focus on during the hunt. Any advice form those of you that have been in this unit in previous years would be greatly appreciated.
Give me a call man, would love to help ya. I’m very familiar with that ground and have also had that permit (Archery) twice, 2009 & 2020. Lots of elk but it’s still no cake walk, especially in the archery season. If you have a map I can get ya going to some easier access spots on the south side where a lot of animals are for archery season. Call or stop by the shop and we can go over some map areas as a starting point for ya.
WWW.blackrivertaxidermy.com
360-789-5056- Joel Swecker-BRT

Offline Lumpy Taters

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
Re: Archery Antlerless Mudflow tag
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2022, 10:02:01 PM »
The land on the way down to the Mudflow is mostly Weyco land.   From my understanding, no access permit means no hunting on the way down.  In my opinion the antlerless tag is the harder tag top fill for the mudflow these days.   Friend had that tag a few years back and it was a waiting game to see when one would appear.  Bulls everywhere feeding away and not a mature cow in sight.   Was a crazy experience watching all those elk for hours without being able to take a shot.     

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]