collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Washington Wolves Put Down Following Multiple Livestock Attacks  (Read 4340 times)

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt

Offline timberfaller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
Re: Washington Wolves Put Down Following Multiple Livestock Attacks
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 10:01:22 PM »
Its a small start!!
The only good tree, is a stump!

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 05:32:35 AM »
I know some of the ranchers who were losing cattle, those wolves cost them a lot of money, those wolves could have been dealt with before so many losses were suffered. WDFW is just a joke, they will only act to remove wolves when so many cattle have been killed that there is no other option left for them to take.  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WAC,
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 06:26:21 AM »
This states game department is a total joke.  They are Seattle tree huggers and anti gun azz wipes. I have zero respect for any of them.

I quit hunting here years ago. I hunt non-resident Pennsylvania and New York.  It is a lot cheaper. There is over ten times the deer kill in each state with a liberal amout of doe tags.

Washington state has an average deer kill of 26,000  deer a year.

New York is smaller in square miles and has an average deer kill of 220,000 deer a year. Region 8R last year had 14 deer killed per square mile.

Pennsylvania is smaller than New York and has a annual deer kill of 330,000 .

It cost $101.75 for non-resident small game and big game  combo hunting licenses in both states.
New York you get tw doe tags for $10, after November 1st you can get two more doe tags for free and they are transferable.

Pennsylvania doe Tage cost $26 and change. You can buy up to six doe Tags.

A friend and his other half will be going back to Upstate New York for two weeks of deer hunting with me. Between my brother,  my friend Ed and his partner  and myself we will have twenty-two deer tags for New York State.
I will be hunting deer in Pennsylvania with my brother,  we have three deer tags apiece. Each has a buck tag and two doe Tage. We could of bought more doe Tage but will not need more of them. I have been averaging five deer a year, this year I'll get probably double take .
Where we run out of people to give deer to we will donate the rest to food programs. 
You drop off the gutted out  - tagged deer to the butcher shop and they process it and donate the meat to various programs. .
Trapping in both states is also good. We trapped a little last year and caught two fishers and three red fox.
This year we will get a little more serious in to trapping.
We bought more traps, baits & lures.
New York non-resident trapping cost is $275.
Pennsylvania non-resident trapping license cost $89 and change.
Generally my round trip airline tickets are around $350. I bring back 100 pounds over venison for $70.

You get zero BS from the game wardens in both states. Actually they are very helpful in getting access to food places to hunt or trap.
I wouldn't waste my time , money & effort to hunt here any more.

WAC
NRA
Walk Light, Carry A Big Stick, Never Walk Away. - Teddy Roosevelt
Don't Take Your Guns To Town.   Johnny Cash

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 09:11:35 AM »
I know some of the ranchers who were losing cattle, those wolves cost them a lot of money, those wolves could have been dealt with before so many losses were suffered. WDFW is just a joke, they will only act to remove wolves when so many cattle have been killed that there is no other option left for them to take.  :twocents:

:yeah: :bash:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 12:53:30 PM »
This states game department is a total joke.  They are Seattle tree huggers and anti gun azz wipes. I have zero respect for any of them.

I quit hunting here years ago. I hunt non-resident Pennsylvania and New York.  It is a lot cheaper. There is over ten times the deer kill in each state with a liberal amout of doe tags.

New York is smaller in square miles and has an average deer kill of 220,000 deer a year. Region 8R last year had 14 deer killed per square mile.

It cost $101.75 for non-resident small game and big game  combo hunting licenses in both states.
New York you get tw doe tags for $10, after November 1st you can get two more doe tags for free and they are transferable.

A friend and his other half will be going back to Upstate New York for two weeks of deer hunting with me. Between my brother,  my friend Ed and his partner  and myself we will have twenty-two deer tags for New York State.
I will be hunting deer in Pennsylvania with my brother,  we have three deer tags apiece. Each has a buck tag and two doe Tage. We could of bought more doe Tage but will not need more of them. I have been averaging five deer a year, this year I'll get probably double take .
Where we run out of people to give deer to we will donate the rest to food programs. 
You drop off the gutted out  - tagged deer to the butcher shop and they process it and donate the meat to various programs. .
Trapping in both states is also good. We trapped a little last year and caught two fishers and three red fox.
Generally my round trip airline tickets are around $350. I bring back 100 pounds over venison for $70.

You get zero BS from the game wardens in both states. Actually they are very helpful in getting access to food places to hunt or trap.

I grew up hunting in NY and have lots of friends who still hunt there. How do you get so many deer tags? Never heard of that before.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 03:15:31 PM »
WDFW is hamstrung by politics.  One politician in particular.

I am certain there exists a someone on the commission or on WDFW staff that will go over the directors' head in a heartbeat regarding wolf or similar issues.

WDFW is not, if it ever was, a self-managing government entity. If it was, the "gov" wouldn't be making appointments, and wouldn't/shouldn't have time for that.    :twocents:

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2022, 09:11:26 PM »

I grew up hunting in NY and have lots of friends who still hunt there. How do you get so many deer tags? Never heard of that before.

I bought the regular small game - big game hunting license $101.75gives me a buck tag. I bought a archery tag $30, buck or doe.
Doe tags, $10 for two tags.
November 1st two more unsold doe tags free.

Years ago you use to have two to four guys for one doe tag and you had a leg band tag.
Things has changed alot since them days decades ago.
I shot an average of five deer a year, I'll shoot more this year. I probably shot more deer in one year then you guys out here shoot in a decade.
Doe tags are transferable so we can get more tags from people who will not be using their doe tags. For what it cost for my airline tickets and hunting licenses and tags it a good value and very enjoyable.

My brother got the buck tag with his regular hunting license.
He has the archery tag,  buck or doe.
Muzzle liader tag, buck or doe.
Two doe tags $10.
November 1st two more doe tags.
My frien and his other half both have their buck tag that comes with your hunting license.
Two doe tags $10.
November 1st two more free
 doe tags

Last year in region 8R they harvested 14 deer per square mile.
Washington state will never see deer in that volume.
Like I said hunting here cost way to much and the deer are just not here.
The numbers don't lie.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 04:52:11 AM by HighlandLofts »
WAC
NRA

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2022, 03:27:18 PM »
It must be specific to the area you’re in with so many tags. Nothing like what I had growing up in ulster county.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline BD1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2022, 05:54:59 PM »
So it seems like you have a good place to hunt  :dunno: fill your tags :tup:

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2022, 06:49:04 AM »
New York is split up into game management regions.
We have tags for 7S - 7R - 7M and will pick up the other eight tags  on November 1st, these tags are the unsold doe tags.  We'll see what regions are available then.
I am going back October 18th until November 2nd for small game hunting and trapping so I'll be there to get the tags over the counter on November 1st.
WAC
NRA

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2022, 12:56:30 PM »
I just watched a podcast, Steuben sportsman on YouTube. In region 8R they took 14 deer per square mile last year. I might get a couple of doe Tage for that region if I can find private land to hunt on.  The sate game lands in that region isn't that big and Im Sure they will be over run by hunters.
WAC
NRA

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2022, 07:41:07 AM »
Driving to the NE yesterday I was on Toroda Creek rd. about 15 miles from Wauconda and looked off in the field to my right to an interesting scene. 2 cattle standing. one laying with 2 canines about 20 yards away in a stare down about 150 yards out. Stopped and glassed it and definitely not Yotes.  After they noticed I was there they started retreating toward the timber. Good thing for the cattle there were only 2 of them
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2022, 07:52:22 AM »
You should have done your civic duty for the cattle ranchers and hazed the canines back towards the timber.  :chuckle:

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2022, 04:55:59 PM »
You should have done your civic duty for the cattle ranchers and hazed the canines back towards the timber.  :chuckle:
Yelling worked.....Didn't need the powder!
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal