collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Introducing Elimino- A new family card game  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
Introducing Elimino- A new family card game
« on: March 29, 2023, 11:09:09 AM »
I'm not sure where to post this, but thought I'd get the word out here in the classifieds?  :dunno:  Mods, please move to wherever you see fit if needed.

A little background - My brother and sister-in-law have been making games for about 5 years and selling them on Amazon as well as retail game shops.  Their most successful to date has been Drawing Without Dignity (think Pictionary meets Cards Against Humanity, it's an adult themed party game).  As their two girls get older, however, they are re-calibrating the content to include them in the family business.  As a result the four of them have formed a new family game company, Wishing Well Games, and are getting set to launch their first offering on Kickstarter.  Here's their website www.wishingwellgames.com.  It looks like they're doing some sort of big game giveaway as well if you sign up for updates.

The new game is called Elimino, and is a card game that I've been play-testing with them over the last winter.  It's a fun, easy-to-learn game that we've had 3 generations of fun playing together.  The youngest actually has the best win rate, and we are not a family that takes it easy on the young'uns by just letting them win :chuckle:  Like Uno, there's equal parts strategy and luck involved.  Games go fairly quickly, so if you aren't lucky on the first game you'll have many more chances.

I really like playing this game with my nieces in particular.  It's interactive (you can steal each other's cards) as well, so even though the game plays fairly fast there is no really boring wait times until your turn. I really think this is going to be another big hit for them, and am pretty excited to see my nieces getting the entrepreneurial spirit.

If you're interested in supporting this game launch, I'll provide the Kickstarter link here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wishingwellgames/elimino-card-game?ref=clipboard-prelaunch

I'm honestly not sure exactly how Kickstarter works, but it is a platform where people go on and show interest in new projects.  You can also commit to buying a game (the ultimate goal, of course), but simply logging in and showing interest helps with the algorithm as well.

They are planning on the official launch on April 18, and plan on having the games made and delivered to all Kickstarter buyers well in time for Christmas.

Thanks for looking, and I do hope you all have a chance to get over to Kickstarter and support this family-oriented game designed in part by my darling nieces!

Chris Hanson
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: Introducing Elimino- A new family card game
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 12:04:16 PM »
Very cool, I wish them luck!
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 09:03:26 AM »
Ok folks, the Kickstarter campaign went live today!  Rooting for my nieces, they did a great job working with my brother and SIL to put this together. So much fun seeing the little entreprenurial wheels spinning.

So please jump on and check it out (watch the video at least, it's informative), and if you think this will make a great Christmas gift please pledge to buy one!  As of this posting, there are 15 or so "early bird" pledges left that gets you a small discount.

:tup:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wishingwellgames/elimino-card-game
KABOOM Count - 1

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 09:52:04 AM »
I'm in.

Looks like a cool entrepreneurial experience for your nieces.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 11:12:44 AM »
Cool, just contributed.  My first kickstarter, we can always use a new family game and it's cool knowing the story behind it.

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 11:13:25 AM »
Just snagged the last Early Bird!
Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 01:21:24 PM »
Thanks for the support fellas!  Looks like it is going well, they're almost at their first goal corrected to show that they met their first goal!!  :IBCOOL:

A message from Heidi, my sister-in-law, to all the Kickstarter supporters:

"I'll keep this short and sweet.

HOLY COW!!

Elimino has been fully funded, thanks to you!!  And the girls haven't even gotten out of school yet for the day. They will be so excited when we tell them!

Please share Elimino with your family and friends so we can keep this momentum going! We can't wait to get the game into your hands!

Thank you so much for believing in our project!

With gratitude,

Heidi
"

I wasn't sure if they were going to mention it in the Kickstarter, but since they did...

My niece Avery, the youngest, has cystic fibrosis.  They are donating a portion of the profits of the game to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, an organization that has made a real difference in her quality of life.  I think per the Kickstarter rules they can't say they will do that specifically from the Kickstarter proceeds - too many people had used those promises to get support for their projects and not followed through with the donation.  But after the Kickstarter campaign and this game is on Amazon, a portion of those profits will go to the foundation.

If anybody else is looking to do some early Christmas shopping for their friends or family, please check this game out.  I did a lot of playtesting with them over the winter, and do really believe it is going to be a big game in the market soon.  It is fun to play.
KABOOM Count - 1

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 01:52:00 PM »
Awesome new! Just saw the email.
Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2023, 02:21:37 PM »
Very cool.
I just saw the Email as well.....   But I can't figure out how to actually pre-order???
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2023, 09:10:15 AM »
I think what you need to do is click through the green button that says "back this project," then choose from the various "pledge" amounts. $19 is the base pledge, which includes a game shipped to your door anywhere in the world (but free shipping in US only).

I've learned a little more about Kickstarter and how it works.  You're basically pledging money to a project in any amount, and there are different "awards" levels. If the project doesn't meet its funding goal, you get refunded. If it meets its funding goal bit the project is never completed, you're out of luck.

My nieces have already met their funding goal, so this thing is happening.  My brother and SIL have put out several games through their other company already, and I have no doubt at all a $19 pledge will result in a game shipped to your door.

In fact, I'll personally guarantee all HuntWa pledges up to the $19 minimum pledge amount will get you a copy of the Elimino game from my nieces.  I can't guarantee it will be in time for Christmas (never know if the next pandemic is just around the corner), but it will happen. If you send me a PM with "Elimino" in the title and your order confirmation number on the body I'll follow up personally with you and make it right if this project fails for some reason.
KABOOM Count - 1

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Deadeyety
[Today at 05:12:44 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:12:42 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]