collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Multi season deer and Quality tag  (Read 5721 times)

Offline ridgefire

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
Multi season deer and Quality tag
« on: April 12, 2023, 11:04:17 PM »
Can someone please explain to me what the benefits are, if any, of drawing a Multi Season deer and drawing a Quality deer in the same season.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
Re: Multi season deer and Quality tag
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 04:55:14 AM »
The only benefits to me would be that you could apply for quality tags for rifle and archery. Also, if you eat your tag on your permit hunt you could still hunt the late archery and muzzleloader seasons.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2023, 06:09:37 AM »
Personally what I have done when I've drawn mult season deer, is to wait until after the special permit draw is done before I buy it. To me if I were to draw a quality deer permit I would focus only on that. I wouldn't want to be hunting multiple seasons.

So for me the benefit of drawing multi season deer is just having the option to buy it if not successful in drawing quality deer, or any other special permit that I'm going to want to spend most of time focusing on.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2023, 06:11:19 AM »
Personally what I have done when I've drawn mult season deer, is to wait until after the special permit draw is done before I buy it. To me if I were to draw a quality deer permit I would focus only on that. I wouldn't want to be hunting multiple seasons.

So for me the benefit of drawing multi season deer is just having the option to buy it if not successful in drawing quality deer, or any other special permit that I'm going to want to spend most of time focusing on.
:yeah: 100%
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline ridgefire

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2023, 07:25:09 AM »
Thanks.

Offline Shooter4

• Scout
  • Groups: kuiu
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2023, 07:37:49 AM »

Driving point creep up with that mind set you don’t draw a quality tag you return it keep gaining points probably draw every year tell you get you quality tag on top of Multiseason it’s a good idea but…

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2023, 07:40:12 AM »

Driving point creep up with that mind set you don’t draw a quality tag you return it keep gaining points probably draw every year tell you get you quality tag on top of Multiseason it’s a good idea but…

I don't understand....

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2023, 07:54:51 AM »

That's pretty much the opposite of what he said

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Shooter4

• Scout
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2023, 08:06:36 AM »

I don't understand....
So your saying you buy it even if you don’t draw a tag you want..

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2023, 08:20:25 AM »

I don't understand....

I'm not really saying what I do. I was answering the question, which was what are the benefits of drawing a quality deer permit and the multi season deer tag in the same year. The answer, in my view, is there isn't a benefit. The multi season tag would be a waste of money in that case.

But as to specifically what I actually do myself, I have never, not once, purchased the multi season deer tag. This year I didn't apply for it. I decided that with two trips to Wyoming this year, and multiple people I hunt with such as my daughter and my brother, I just don't need the option to hunt all the seasons.

Not sure how it's going to go yet this year, but could be that my brother will have a muzzleloader deer tag, I may have archery, and my daughter will have modern. Therefore I can still hunt all three seasons, just I won't always be the one pulling the trigger.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2023, 08:25:54 AM »

Im pretty sure that there is no getting your points back if you dont buy the multi season deer tag. So it is having the opposite affect. Bobcat would yse his multi season deer points and not use the tag. Allowing someone else to buy it.
I am the same way. I drew multi deer this year and wont even think of buying it until after regular draws. If i draw a permit i wont buy multi, but my multi points are still gone. 

Offline Shooter4

• Scout
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2023, 08:27:46 AM »

I don't understand....

I'm not really saying what I do. I was answering the question, which was what are the benefits of drawing a quality deer permit and the multi season deer tag in the same year. The answer, in my view, is there isn't a benefit. The multi season tag would be a waste of money in that case.

But as to specifically what I actually do myself, I have never, not once, purchased the multi season deer tag. This year I didn't apply for it. I decided that with two trips to Wyoming this year, and multiple people I hunt with such as my daughter and my brother, I just don't need the option to hunt all the seasons.

Not sure how it's going to go yet this year, but could be that my brother will have a muzzleloader deer tag, I may have archery, and my daughter will have modern. Therefore I can still hunt all three seasons, just I won't always be the one pulling the trigger.
Gotcha well all I was saying was people utilizing the multi to apply for more permits bow,archery,rifle and then not drawing and turning it back into the state for leftovers that your lucky to get while you keep gaining points and drawing every year is a problem lol I’m not specifying you but people do do that and they’ll keep drawing

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2023, 08:28:32 AM »

I don't understand....

Gotcha well all I was saying was people utilizing the multi to apply for more permits bow,archery,rifle and then not drawing and turning it back into the state for leftovers that your lucky to get while you keep gaining points and drawing every year is a problem lol I’m not specifying you but people do do that and they’ll keep drawing
You cant return the multi season tag once you purchase it.

Offline Shooter4

• Scout
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2023, 08:29:20 AM »

Im pretty sure that there is no getting your points back if you dont buy the multi season deer tag. So it is having the opposite affect. Bobcat would yse his multi season deer points and not use the tag. Allowing someone else to buy it.
I am the same way. I drew multi deer this year and wont even think of buying it until after regular draws. If i draw a permit i wont buy multi, but my multi points are still gone.
idk about that if that’s true than my theory is completely wrong! But I’m pretty sure you get your points back

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2023, 08:42:22 AM »

idk about that if that’s true than my theory is completely wrong! But I’m pretty sure you get your points back
I have never gotten my points back when ive drawn and not bought multiseason tags.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal