collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Range finders  (Read 10382 times)

Offline Ironhead

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Range finders
« on: May 07, 2007, 07:29:39 PM »
Anybody have a rangefinder with the angle compensater, I need one for some serious steep country I have been archery hunting, and was wondering if any body has used them. I know Leupold and Optilogic make them, and Bushnell is coming out with one this summer. Just wondering if any body has any experience with these, good or bad ?
"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is, that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Fletch

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: Range finders
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 10:21:29 PM »
I have a bushnell but no angle compensator...I figure as close as you get angle wouldnt matter!

Offline littletoes

• Longhunter
  • old fart
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 07:35:06 PM »
I think the Swarovski has what you want, but they run around $1600.00.

I've seen a used one go for $800.00
"The People of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline WDFW Hates ME!!!

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 12:24:09 PM »
The Leupold RX-2, 3, and 4 have the angle compensator. And they are reasonable priced.
*censored* happens when you party naked!!!

IBEW Local 125

Offline SkookumHntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 08:20:04 PM »
I just got the bushnell elite 1500. Im not a real fan of bushnell but I did alot of research and it came down to
IBEW89 RMEF MDF CCA

Offline SkookumHntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 08:22:40 PM »
I dont know what I pushed but my writeup posted before I was done but the bushnell elite 1500 is a bad ass
rangefinder.
IBEW89 RMEF MDF CCA

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 09:27:14 PM »
I don't know about that....I use mine to practice judging distances, etc...I also admit it, I would also use it for help with a long shot, if no other way of getting closer worked...and would lose the chance if no shot taken. My rifle is zeroed at 250yards. At 350, my round has dropped seven inches. I would want to know, are we talking 250? 300? 350? My .300 RUM has tons of power at that range, and I practice 300+ yard shots every time I get out. So I use my rangefinder often... (cheapo Bushnell Yardage Pro) I even have my ballistic drop chart attached to the device.
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 05:48:40 AM »
Ya', those spendy ones make me wonder.... Maybe if I earned more it wouldn't hurt so bad...might feel like 1000$ is insignificant...I see your point.
molṑn labé

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline littletoes

• Longhunter
  • old fart
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 06:14:06 PM »
 :chuckle: yeah, I've got the Leica, and have had it for around 7 or 8 years I think. It works great too, even on very early mornings. Sure, if'n I was a bazillion-aire, I wouldn't have a problem spending the money....but I ain't, so I know where your coming from. BUTTTT....there are those that do indeed have the money, and there are others that have wanted it all thier lives, so they bought it. Kids are gone, house is paid for...what the hell? Ain't gonna take it with 'ya.

I practice out from 600 to 850 yards, so self imposed limits are just that....self imposed. Don't put your limits on others, and I mean that in a nice way. Hard to tell "feelings" on a message board, and there is no malice here, just information. I've also taken deer at 600 yards......one shot, one kill. Repeated by many, practiced by few.
"The People of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 07:17:33 PM »
Wow, 600 yds.  :o  I haven't even practiced shots much over 300...
molṑn labé

Don't make me hurt you.

Offline Krustypuff

• Pilgrim
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 02:25:59 AM »
I have a older bushnell rthat is good to 800 yards. But im going to sell it and get the bushnell elite 1500 with arc. I have talked to a few guys at the sportsman wharehouse as well as some other people and trhey all said not to buy the leopuld ones. And that the bushnell was a better buy. Sopme thing about the glass and getting flares in the glass that make it hard to read. Id say go and look at them. As far as the 1000 dollar ones you are paying for the name one the side and the quality of the glass, but ona range finder it is not like a pair of optics. they also make a few scopes that have rangefinding lasers built in to them. Now if they could just get bullet drop and all that built into the little bugger would be so much better. Also have seena video camera scope uses digital zoom so no paralaz was kinda neet but damn pricey.
savage 110T .300 win mag
rem 700 30-06
rem 700 shrt act. .223

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 06:39:24 AM »
Rangefinder ($1600) or trip to hunt 400 inch bulls in New Mexico. :dunno:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 07:14:41 AM »
trip to hunt 400 inch bulls in New Mexico. 

priceless, bone, let's face it.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Ironhead

• Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 08:08:21 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. I have used the Leupold rx and thought it sucked, I am very interested in the bushnell 1500 with the arc. As far as spending money on optics I think my binoculars and spotting scope are my most important tools.
"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is, that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline reddog132

• Pilgrim
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 04:26:29 AM »
The Leica CRF outshines everything else on the market.

Absolutely agree. Some good info found here:

http://www.6mmbr.com/rangefinders.html

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal