collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who Needs A Bugle?? ElkNut !!  (Read 8827 times)

Offline Elknut1

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
Who Needs A Bugle?? ElkNut !!
« on: February 10, 2008, 09:02:36 PM »

OK, heres the deal guys! Who needs a bugle? I'm going to give away a bugle to you, your son/daughter/wife whoever you feel needs a respectable Bugle! You hunters probably have your own that you cherish, & that's cool, however there's always someone that NEEDS a good bugle! It's a Carlton Mega Grunt Tube. I will add special touches to it such as a Tube Tamer & Black Cloth Tape that will eliminate that plastic ring you get out of most bugle tubes! It will have a camo cover which most will be covered by the needed black tape for best sound quality! It's not as good as the Monarch, (nothing is) but it will call bulls for sure with good TIMELY CALLING!

All you have to do is convince me why you or whoever needs it more than the next guy? Wednesday after 5:00 pm I'll pick the winner!  There's no cost to you, I'll even take care of the shipping!!! 
   It has a built in external mouth reed if ones have a problem with mouth reeds, but,  that can be easily removed, I'll also throw in a great Rockies mouth diaphragm that is very user friendly!  So come on over & post your thoughts!!!

ElkNut1

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Who Needs A Bugle?? ElkNut !!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 09:05:29 PM »
give it to a kid. he/she'll be hooked for life.
thats my thought. i'd love to have a bugle, but if one was given to, i'd find a kid who'd enjoy it and pass it on down the line.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline MLCoug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 09:14:48 PM »
I would volunteer my kid if you want to give it to a youth.  He doesn't have an elk bugle and he'd love another call to annoy his mother besides the 10 plus duck and goose calls he already has.  He's 15 and wants to go elk hunting with a bow next year.  It would be his first elk hunt and it'd be great if he had your call with him.

Offline Cougeyes

• Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 10:09:20 PM »
I need one.  My selling argument is that I am a poor college student and can not afford one, let alone school books.  Just kidding, I agree, give it to a youth, obviously there are not many on here that I know of, but there are a lot of trustworthy members that have kids that would love it. 

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 10:29:01 PM »
Give it to tmike so that when I draw in Oregon this year he can call one in for me!  ;)
 He still has an Abe and Son but I haven't seen him blow on it for quite sometime now and I never really liked the sound of them personally. They sound too Generic and perfect everytime to me or maybe too of a manufactured sound.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 02:17:59 PM by M_ray »
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline Elknut1

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 06:36:50 AM »

Just so everyone is clear on the matter, this is not a kids bugle! I just mentioned Sons/Daughters for no special reason. This is a bugle I wouldn't hesitate taking into the woods with me! So it's open to all. If a kid would like this, then let's hear from them! (grin) I think that would be great. They can respond under your personal handle & in their own words, you only have until Wednesday evening! This is one that will be totally "Customized" from off the shelf stuff!

M_ray--That sounds great! Your buddy does have a pretty good bugle there in the Abe&Sons model, those have good sound. He needs to use a mouth reed with it though instead of the External mouth Latex reed that comes with it, that's where the generic sound comes from. All External bugles with built in reeds have that human tone that can be spotted at long or close distances! Get rid of the end piece & you'll be much more realistic in your sounds!

ElkNut1

Offline Crunchy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 07:38:43 AM »
I'll put my name in the hat.  Last year while packing out my elk during archery season, I had my bugle in the pocket of my 100 dollar cabelas fleece pullover.  When I got back to camp my 100 pullover and favorite bugle was gone.  I must have dropped on the way back.  I retraced my route twice with no luck.  I'm sure someone found it cause it was on a main trail.  I've replaced the jacket, but not the call. 

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 09:33:46 AM »
All I have to say is that Elknut is a very selfless person  :hello:

Offline Cougeyes

• Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 11:13:01 AM »
Well since you say it is not a "youth" bugle I might as well try my luck. 

I've never owned a bugle, let alone an elk call. Mainly because I have been in school, playing sports in high school and now attending college with only one semester left in my graduate studies in wildlife ecology. I have never found the opportunity to get out and track down and call in elk during the rut.  This has been a fascination to me for many years and I am actually thinking of buying a bow and trying my luck at bow hunting elk these next couple years.  I honestly just want an excuse to get out and get closer to bugling bulls, getting a nice bugle would be the start of my expedition. This fall will be the first time I can experience that and planned on picking up a few elk calls.   I would love to learn how to call elk, obviously a person can not just pick up a bugle and learn right away, but with practice I hope someday I would be able to. 

Offline huntingnut

• Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 01:09:45 PM »
My brother could use a bugle. We both got into archery last year for deer. This is going to be our first year for archery elk, we are stoked to call is some monsters. He is expecting him first baby, a boy within the next week or so and in on a very fixed income. He would love to have a good bugle.

Offline Muleyslyr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 01:15:06 PM »
I'll say I need one because my Bugle sucks and is very inconsistant.  It may be me, but I think it may be more like a little of both of us.  Reguardless, I will not use that one this year.

Also, I will be Archery hunting in Montana again this year the second week of September as well as here in WA....hopefully with an Any Bull Tag....and a good realiable Bugle will be a must.

And lastly, after 35yrs. of having F'd up teeth I decided to get braces a few months back.  Can't just stick any call in my mouth and expect it to work anymore.   :)  I got a pretty small pallet and most daiphrams do not fit.  The external mouth reed sounds like just the thing I need!

Either way I would still be interested in checking one out if possible.

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 02:22:41 PM »
M_ray--That sounds great! Your buddy does have a pretty good bugle there in the Abe&Sons model, those have good sound. He needs to use a mouth reed with it though instead of the External mouth Latex reed that comes with it, that's where the generic sound comes from. All External bugles with built in reeds have that human tone that can be spotted at long or close distances! Get rid of the end piece & you'll be much more realistic in your sounds!

Thanks for that piece of advise Elknut ... ya last year I ditched the end piece on my Berry bugle and used a Rockey's mouth reed and liked the sound allot better it was the only tube I had so I went with it! But I still plan to be drawn in Oregon since I have 10 points so tmike will need something good and you want to have a hand in my trophy dontchya!  ;)
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 02:24:54 PM »
All I have to say is that Elknut is a very selfless person  :hello:

I'll agree ...Yes he is!

MB

Offline kirkl

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • USN Veteran- USS Nimitz CVN 68
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 02:28:37 PM »
I do.  :chuckle:

Online tmike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 03:14:26 PM »
Well I guess I really need it according to M-ray. I was just thinking yesterday that I needed to cut up some of my condoms to resurrect the old Abe and Son. I'll save the condoms, when can I expect my bugle  :dunno:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]