collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Starting a South Sound Chapter of the Mule Deer Foundation  (Read 2106 times)

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
Starting a South Sound Chapter of the Mule Deer Foundation
« on: February 09, 2011, 06:37:22 PM »
So I don’t know if this is the right place to post this or not, but a couple of buddies and myself are interested in starting a South Sound Mule Deer Foundation Chapter. We are looking for a couple other people who wouldn’t mind devoting their time, possibly some money out of your pocket and a little energy to help start a local chapter.

This is a hard sell to a lot of people on this side of the state because most people associate the MDF with just helping with mule deer.  The MDF probably does more for the local black-tail/mule deer than any other conservation group that I am aware of. Here are just a few things that they have done in Washington: http://muledeer.org/States/wash.html

Currently the only chapter on the Westside of the state is in Mt. Vernon.  There also used to be a chapter in Chehalis, but they didn’t have enough members or support through local business donations to keep it going.  We have spoke to the Regional Director, Ron Knapp, and he agreed to meet with us to discuss starting a new local chapter if we able to get at least 10 people together.  He said he would meet up with us at a local pizza shop on his dime and layout how to start and successfully run a chapter.

Right now, we are looking for a few more individuals like ourselves that are avid outdoorsmen that care about conservation and the future of our sport. Once we start a chapter, we will also be looking for new members, local business donations and volunteers to help with local conservation efforts, including the 1st annual banquet.

Please email me if you are interested in helping establish a new South Sound MDF chapter.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Taco280AI
[Today at 03:45:23 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]