collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Meeting this weekend (Yakima and Muckleshoot hunting rights in Oak Creek area)  (Read 21498 times)

Offline Nilehunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Forgive me if this has been posted already. 

There will be a meeting held September 1st at the library on the Nile RD. The WDFW will be discussing whats going on with the hunting by these tribes in the area.  I saw a posting at the Woodshed this last weekend.  I believe the time is 7pm.

:bfg:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:54:59 PM by Nilehunter »
Work hard-Play hard!

Offline adamR

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
are you sure its saturday? I drove past the wood shed a couple days ago and the reader board i read said the meeting was 7 pm on sep 1

Offline Nilehunter

• Scout
  Never mind.  My wife just corrected me it is Sept.1st

Will you be attending?
Work hard-Play hard!

Offline adamR

• Forum Sponsor
  • Sourdough
I was planning on it but if it is the 27th I will be unable to

Offline sled

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  Cant make it, but im sure it will be a bunch of bs!

Offline butcher98951

• Hunter

There will be a meeting held September 1st at the library on the Nile RD. The WDFW will be discussing whats going on with the hunting by these tribes in the area.  I saw a posting at the Woodshed this last weekend.  I believe the time is 7pm.

It does not matter what you or anyone talk about it is ceded land and they will hunt it....

Offline Nilehunter

• Scout

It does not matter what you or anyone talk about it is ceded land and they will hunt it....

Well yea, I get that it is most likely an informational meeting.  But there obviously has been enough unhappy people to warrant a meeting and that is a start. 
Work hard-Play hard!

Offline butcher98951

• Hunter

Well yea, I get that it is most likely an informational meeting.  But there obviously has been enough unhappy people to warrant a meeting and that is a start.
Yes you a right but i went to the wdfw and the tribal game wardens and was told the same thing it is ceded land the meeting is to please the people not the cause.. good luck and sorry for you on wasting your time...

Offline Nilehunter

• Scout

Yes you a right but i went to the wdfw and the tribal game wardens and was told the same thing it is ceded land the meeting is to please the people not the cause.. good luck and sorry for you on wasting your time...
Well if nothing else it will give me a reaoson to get out of Seattle and over to the cabin. Either way its win win.
Work hard-Play hard!

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
Thanks for posting this because I hadn't heard anything about it and it sounds like this would be informative to hear what has to be said.  So I might be attending just to hear what has to be said.
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline adamR

• Forum Sponsor
  • Sourdough

man I love your attitude on this!!!  it's to bad you weren't there to tell our forefather's that it wasn't worth it to have a revolution, things could be so different!!! we need more people to not care about anything and not stand up for what they believe in
 :bash: :bash: :bash:

Offline norsepeak

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
Just got back from the meeting..as expected, just the game dept. giving out the info on what is and isn't legal for the Muckleshoots.  There was some good questions answered and some good info given out though, but there was also a few things that really angered me too....I will be making some phone calls and sending some emails out tomorrow to the game dept. for sure.... :bash: :bash:  Actually gotta give the muckleshoots some credit, they have to use tags that are issued to them, they have quotas, they have set seasons and they have to report their activity.  Unfortunatly the Yakama's don't have any of that....the yakama's did have two representatives from their game dept. there to answer questions which was nice, but they also mentioned a couple things that are really NOT good for us, but I'll divulge that info at a later date. :bash:

Offline buckmaster_wa

• Longhunter
Did anyone ask if there is any possible way to move the Nile feeding station. I think they should start feeding at the bottom of Johnsons Canyon. That would alleviate a ton of problems with the Natives killing so many animals in the winter.  Just my  :twocents:

Offline colockumelk

• Frontiersman
Or why don't they just gate off the road and give only a key to the residents like the residents wanted.  This way you are not taking any rights or opportunities away from the Yakamas you are just forcing them to access the area like their ancestors did.  On Foot!!!!  The Treaty said they have the right to hunt all their ceded land.  I don't see anything in the treaty that says the WDFW or DNR can't lock gates blocking vehicle access to the ceded land. A gate doesn't mean they can't hunt it, it just means that they will actually have to work for their harvest.   :yike:
"We Sleep Safe In Our Beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would do us harm."
Author: George Orwell

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
agreed

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101