collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: tribal hunting  (Read 35932 times)

Offline tjgerm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
tribal hunting
« on: September 15, 2011, 06:59:35 PM »
Had the chance to witness some tribal hunters bugling out of the back of their truck while driving the mainline. Turns out they killed a mature 5x5 with a 270 about 600 yards from me while I was hunting with my bow. I was hunting in the olympic peninsula. How does tribal hunting effect your hunting grounds?

Offline bigpaw 77

• Bass mutilator
  • Scout
Re: tribal hunting
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 07:34:34 PM »
It effects where I hunt, but only by the roads because most of them are to lazy to walk more than 5' from their truck even after they shoot something that runs off. Last year there was a few of them in their truck shooting at deer in their spot light at 2am with a .22 They were shooting right toward our camp and horses. The following night they were racing their pice of chit truck all around, the next morning there were skid marks on some curves where they almost went off the road, I kept waiting to see their truck down the hill off the road ( wishful thinking). We went to town and told the dispatcher at the police station. She said she would call all the Fish and Game and Forest service cops and let them know about them hunting at night and shooting at our camp. I talked to the forest service cop this spring and he said he never herd about it.
WDWF needs to get a clue before it's to late!!!

Offline Killercolin

• Is it hunting season yet?
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 07:35:40 PM »
 *censored*

I have heard horror stories and only witnessed the sounds of one incident. Heard about 20 gun shots and later (through hearsay) that it was the tribe using AR-15's to harvest an entire herd. But I didnt see it with my own eye, just ears.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:22:01 AM by bearpaw »

Offline Johnb317

• johnb317
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 01:08:04 PM »
Harvest?   
Somehow AK 47's don't seem to be historical tools.

sigh
Old enough to know better.
Young enough to go for it.

Offline Houndhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 01:32:12 PM »
Like others say, they dont leave there rig so they dont effect my hunts other than the fact that they kill a $hit ton of elk. I know of three Indians that actually get out and hunt ethically, most *censored* won't track what they shoot at. Its disgusting some of the crap they pull, but not to much we can do about it
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:09:57 AM by bearpaw »

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 01:40:20 PM »
Like others say, they dont leave there rig so they dont effect my hunts other than the fact that they kill a $hit ton of elk. I know of three Indians that actually get out and hunt ethically, most *censored* won't track what they shoot at. Its disgusting some of the crap they pull, but not to much we can do about it

I think video cameras and youtube are a good starting point  :dunno:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:11:30 AM by bearpaw »

Offline cjensen

• Hunter
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 02:22:42 PM »
A several month rifle season during the rut in many places where others have to draw a once in a lifetime tag is not hunting at all.   Maybe the title should be "tribal slaughtering" or tribal killing at best.  I think they should have to use a bow and hunt strictly on tanto or on foot if they are going to get special seasons.  Shooting an elk with a rifle out their window when the archery guys are working their butt off beatin the brush.....

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 04:04:47 PM »
ur bird doging for them  *censored*  ! I bet the locks comming !
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:13:04 AM by bearpaw »
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline Mackerson

• Tracker
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 04:54:28 PM »
I have yet to witness tribal "hunting" in places that I hunt.   *censored*   If they want to make bows from sticks and sharpen rocks into arrow heads, let them hunt year round for all I care.  Otherwise they should buy hunting licenses and put in for special permits like the rest of us. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:14:58 AM by bearpaw »

Offline YoterHunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 05:43:53 PM »
i have witnessed it a couple time in green water years ago. six trible members killed 17 elk . only took what they wanted. and left the rest to rot. i dont get to pissed at them like i use to .i grt pissed at our goverment for letting them get away with it.hunting and netting. :twocents:

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 06:30:03 PM »
i have witnessed it a couple time in green water years ago. six trible members killed 17 elk . only took what they wanted. and left the rest to rot. i dont get to pissed at them like i use to .i grt pissed at our goverment for letting them get away with it.hunting and netting. :twocents:

The Greenwater/White River area has kind of been known as being the first and worst killing area for tribal elk. Use to be one of the most populated units in the state for elk, now it is a special permit area only.

Offline 50CalJim

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • 5th yr in a row I've drawn a Special Permit.
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 09:07:48 PM »
The reason the Nooksack was closed for about 18 yrs is because the Tribes slaughtered the Elk herds. Nuff said!!!!! :bash: I don't even want to get started on what the Tribes have done to the Skagit river. :puke:

Online bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 05:20:00 AM »
Please keep this topic clean or it will be nuked. THANKS
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Sugwat

• Pilgrim
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 06:48:09 AM »
A several month rifle season during the rut in many places where others have to draw a once in a lifetime tag is not hunting at all.   Maybe the title should be "tribal slaughtering" or tribal killing at best.  I think they should have to use a bow and hunt strictly on tanto or on foot if they are going to get special seasons.  Shooting an elk with a rifle out their window when the archery guys are working their butt off beatin the brush.....

I hunt the OP... I don't know how many times Iv'e seen non-triabl bow hunters stalking the elk with a bow in one hand and a rifle in the other... goes both ways guys...

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/stiknstring.bow
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 06:54:07 AM »
I don't know how many times Iv'e seen non-triabl bow hunters stalking the elk with a bow in one hand and a rifle in the other
:yike:
            kinda makes shooting either difficult, doesn't it ?
The mountains are calling and I must go."
- John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."
- John Burroughs
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor
NASP Certified Basic Archery Instructor Trainer

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal