collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pretty Good Weekend For A Change  (Read 830 times)

Offline 4longbeards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: WPHA, NAHC Lifetime Member, Team Hunts Solo
Pretty Good Weekend For A Change
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:30:32 PM »
I got 2 Greenheads, 1 young Drake Wigeon, & 1 Snow on Sat. 1 Greenhead & 4 Snows on Sun. Should've brought a few Honker decoys on Sat. had several flocks fly by looking but no decoys to close the deal!
AJ

Offline Colin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Pretty Good Weekend For A Change
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:19:20 PM »
How was hunting in that much wind on Saturday? I've wasn't able to make it out Saturday, but hunted Friday and Sunday. Just curious since I've never been able to see first hand what that kind of wind does to the birds flying patterns.

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
Re: Pretty Good Weekend For A Change
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 10:29:24 PM »
How was hunting in that much wind on Saturday? I've wasn't able to make it out Saturday, but hunted Friday and Sunday. Just curious since I've never been able to see first hand what that kind of wind does to the birds flying patterns.

If the house is rattling from being that windy.  I am calling in sick.  If you can get a spot, it is typically non stop birds flying and just an awesome shoot.  Bring extra shells as you may have to lead a bird 2-6 feet at 30 yards and if you miss you shoot several feet behind it on the next shot.  I never missed a windy day last season.  Saturday might have been our second heavy wind day of the season in this area.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal