collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Have any Pranks pulled on you, while you were learning how to Hunt ?  (Read 839 times)

Offline AL WORRELLS KID

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • The Ancient of Days Lives
  • Groups: Washington State Trappers Association
Have you had it easy growing up or did you have to put up with the Relatives "pranks" while learning how to hunt Deer?
My Dad just couldn't help pulling that old joke on me while on my first Deer Hunt. (I think I was around 10 years old at the time).
 After telling me I needed to stay close and help him look for fresh Sign (droppings in particular, I was all about trying to show him how good a tracker I was and soon found a pile of what we must be looking for.

"Yup, those are Deer Droppings all right! You know you can tell if they're fresh just by popping a couple in your mouth,"   Which he proceeded to do! :yike:

Unknown to me, he had a pocket full of chocolate covered raisins and had pulled a couple out of his pocket and popped them into his mouth instead of the poop.

After I put my eyes back in their sockets, Dad offered that I should try some too, so he handed me a couple.

Turned out they didn't taste all that bad. (seeing they were Chocolate  Covered Raisins.)  :chuckle:

You don't forget times like that with your Dad, (even if he was a little different).  :tup:
Doug
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 01:01:05 PM by AL WORRELLS KID »
"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom." Theodore Roosevelt

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:04:10 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]