collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any used hunting compound bows with 31.5" to 32" draw around for sale?  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Ziptie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Looking to maybe get into archery and my draw is 31.5" to 32".  Any guys out there looking at selling a compound bow with long draw?  I would like it to be 60 to 70lbs. 

Thanks,
-The harder you work, the luckier you become.

Offline OltHunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scout
I currently don't.  But I do want to give a fellow long drawer some advice:

Try to get into an archery shop to try some out, especially take a look at ATA and brace height and the angle it creates at full draw. Short axles and long draws, are not necessarily a good thing.

Just my opinion, but holding at 32" draw with a short bow, might just be a terrible fit for you.  Maybe not too.  I doubt your nose would touch the string, which is what I like for an anchor.

Just something to consider.  You'll need to have a comfortable bow to shoot and something that you can repeat and anchor, or else you will probably just end up trying to sell it and never get into shooting it. 

I'm at a 32" draw and went with a 38" ATA PSE Beast.  My nose wouldn't touch the string with anything shorter without me losing form.

Through my research, it seems like Hoyt Double XL, Hoyt Carbon Spyder ZT, PSE Freak (which i believe the Beast replaced, but don't quote me), Obsession Huracon, and Mathews Halon 7 were on the hit list in that draw length. 

I didn't like any until I got above 36" ATA.  But also, like I said, your fit may be different too and this is just my experience.

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
I believe the Bear Anarchy has a long draw.  There were lots available on ebay
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline Ziptie

• Tracker
Thanks I did got to a shop "nock point" yesterday, witch was a great experience.  I just to not know how into archery I will get.  I do plan on hunting elk with my boys with a bow.  I struggle with a $1500 to 2K bow buy in.  The top of the line Hoyts feel good and fit me i am told, but they are not cheap. 

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Check up in Mt. Vernon at Riverside, the guy who set me up is 32 I believe and I maxed out at 31" and have a slight bend to my arm.  I believe the new Hoyts are up to the task and he mentioned a few others that I don't remember.

On the bright side, it will certainly make your decision easier as there aren't many.

At 65-70 pounds, the next fun challenge is getting an arrow to spine with a 100-125 grain broadhead at those draw lengths - even fewer choices there.

If I were you, I would figure out what bows would work and then keep an eye on the Archery Talk forums, they have a ton of bows moving through there.  It is a bit of a risk buying one from someone across the country you have never met, but I ended up with an almost new flagship less than a year old for about half the cost.  It ended up being tons better than buying an entry level new.

Offline Ziptie

• Tracker
Thanks guys looks like a Bear HC will work well for my draw goes to 31.5"  Thanks for the tip i am looking for some used ones on ebay. 

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Hoyt double xl made just for you long draw guys.

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,229076.0.html

Bowtech BTX 31

With your D Loop you will be right at 31.5”
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline Ziptie

• Tracker
Picked up a Bear BR33 of e bay.  It is great condition thanks for the help guys. 

Offline Bill W

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, CBA
If you do get a fingers bow @32 inches and want to shoot aluminum arrows I have a number of 2315 Autumn Orange cut at 32 1/2 inches.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]