collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolves in granite  (Read 15910 times)

Offline Scheindogg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Wolves in granite
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 07:41:48 PM »
Wdfw said they aren’t wolves so that means fair game :dunno:
Are you serious?! Can’t wait see some in my back yard if that’s the case 8)

:chuckle:

In reality if you saw one of the animals in said picture could you really shoot it and say “WDFW say they are coyotes”?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me -Phillipians 4:13

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 08:11:03 PM »
I read on here somewhere someone had told WDFW that there were wolves in his back yard, the conversation went something like this..

WDFW:  "no, there's no wolves in that area"

HW'r:  "Oh good, cause I'm going to shoot them since they must be just big coyotes"

WDFW:  "whoa,  wait ummm.." 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 08:28:05 PM »

In reality if you saw one of the animals in said picture could you really shoot it and say “WDFW say they are coyotes”?

1-WDFW doesn’t say they’re coyotes.
2-is it ok to shoot a moose in granite falls and call it a deer because there are no moose in granite falls?

I’m curious to know what the actual words are that come out of wdfw’s mouth all the time when they say there are no wolves somewhere.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Scheindogg

• Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 06:24:03 AM »

2-is it ok to shoot a moose in granite falls and call it a deer because there are no moose in granite falls?

I’m curious to know what the actual words are that come out of wdfw’s mouth all the time when they say there are no wolves somewhere.

Good point.
I was mainly just being facetious

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2018, 06:28:48 AM »

Amy Windrope is the Region 4 director for the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, and she says there has been a lone wolf caught and collared around the Marblemount area, so we know they can get here.

“They’ve come over the border from Idaho and traveled into eastern Washington and it’s possible they will travel into Western Washington,” Windrope told us."

While pictures are great, Windtrope says these are even better: “We need to have scat samples, fur samples and DNA samples.”

Of course, those may be hard to get, so the agency asks people at least to mark on its online map where they saw the supposed wolf.

“We’re very interested in the facts behind it—where are we seeing them, how can we document them, how we understand how they’re moving through the landscape?” Windtrope said."

Because a clear picture of a wolf isn't enough.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2018, 07:32:36 AM »
So according to WDFW these wolves just wandered here from Idaho?The state has no reintroduction program?I guess the state doesn't want it's employees looking in the camera and telling the truth."These wolves are dangerous pets of the state and we allow them to roam free in your communities."

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2018, 08:10:45 AM »
So according to WDFW these wolves just wandered here from Idaho?The state has no reintroduction program?I guess the state doesn't want it's employees looking in the camera and telling the truth."These wolves are dangerous pets of the state and we allow them to roam free in your communities."

I have yet to see a single picture of wolves being transplanted in WA. I don't believe it's ever happened. It hasn't been necessary. Judging from where most of them are located in our state, migration from ID doesn't seem far fetched at all. If you oppose the wolf plan and consequent population boom as I do, forming and following conspiracy theories about wolf translocation, without any corroborating evidence, makes us look crazy and people won't take us seriously.

Online nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2018, 08:30:00 AM »
Thanks pman, we are all within the range of the original transplants and thousands more to the north

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2018, 09:38:01 AM »

I have yet to see a single picture of wolves being transplanted in WA. I don't believe it's ever happened. It hasn't been necessary. Judging from where most of them are located in our state, migration from ID doesn't seem far fetched at all. If you oppose the wolf plan and consequent population boom as I do, forming and following conspiracy theories about wolf translocation, without any corroborating evidence, makes us look crazy and people won't take us seriously.
Funny,I never mentioned the transplanting of wolves.My comment was about the two wolves in the picture and that it is highly unlikely that THOSE two wolves wandered here from Idaho.Just because you haven't seen a picture of wolf transplanting doesn't mean it doesn't happen.Would you carry a camera if you were robbing a bank?What about in state transplants?Do you think that doesn't happen?They don't call it the state"Wolf Conservation and Management Plan"for nothing.

Offline Gobble Doc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2018, 09:50:14 AM »
I have been seeing fewer cats lately. Do wolves eat yotes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2018, 09:58:52 AM »

Funny,I never mentioned the transplanting of wolves.My comment was about the two wolves in the picture and that it is highly unlikely that THOSE two wolves wandered here from Idaho.Just because you haven't seen a picture of wolf transplanting doesn't mean it doesn't happen.Would you carry a camera if you were robbing a bank?What about in state transplants?Do you think that doesn't happen?They don't call it the state"Wolf Conservation and Management Plan"for nothing.

Whoa, Skippy. Take a breath and try switching to decaf. Let's start with the fact that neither of us want wolves here - common ground. The word reintroduction implies transplant. They weren't reintroduced into WA. They migrated here after they were reintroduced into the Greater Yellowstone area. And no, I don't think they're being transplanted anywhere in WA. Again, either show proof or it's a phantom conspiracy theory and makes us (or one of us) look stupid. Not even sure what bank robbery has to do with anything. Everyone has phones with cameras. I find it highly unlikely that transplants would happen without any witnesses, unless of course, they're killing the witnesses, too.

By going off on a tangent and a wild goose chase, you're not focusing on the real problems to do with the wolf plan. It's too aggressive, management goals are almost impossible to reach in the time it takes them to overpopulate, these are disease-infected animals that never should've been released, and we were lied to by the USFWS and the WDFW about the impact they would have and their reproductive rates. That's plenty of information to form a coherent and believable argument against the supposed "recovery".

Offline Scheindogg

• Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2018, 10:09:30 AM »

Those exact wolves likely didn’t come over from Idaho. But probably their ancestors did?  :twocents:

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2018, 10:51:52 AM »

According to you P-man..

On the other hand, I know of several people who claim other wise and this may be a surprise to you but, they aren't crazy, they are upstanding citizens of the community, and they are and were taken seriously when they said they saw WDFW Green rigs with wolves being released.

I know one rancher who lost a yearling steer to wolves a year before the lookout pack was confirmed, the lookout pack was confirm within a few miles of where he lost the yearling. This rancher gave WDFW scat samples and wolf hair, they said they would put it with their Sasquatch sightings. They said there were no wolves.

People in ID, MT, and Wyoming all said they could watch the wolves eat their way out as they expanded. Funny how the lookout pack "migrated" miles through prime prey to settle a few miles outside of Twisp.

And then there's the fact that the USFWS, WDFW, and lets not forget CNW all have a different answer as to where the lookout pack "migrated" from.

The little bit of info. I furnished probably won’t even peek your interest without a picture P-man, which really doesn’t matter to 97% of people in the Okanogan that have had to deal with this strange “migration”. Quite sure they would have a few words for you with your claim that they sound crazy or weren’t to be taken seriously.

It’s fine for you to go on believing WDFW, when they say they didn’t release wolves, after all they have always been so honest. And of course it’s ok for you to say that anyone who believes WDFW did release wolves, sounds crazy or won’t be taken seriously without pictures, I bet your reasoning  sounds really good to the antis and WDF&Wolves

Where did the “migrating”wolves come from P-man? We probably need a picture, several pictures...

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Northern Rocky Mountain Recovery Program Update
Until 2008, no wild wolves had been confirmed west of the DPS boundary in Washington or Oregon. However, in July 2008, a wolf pack (2 adults and 6 pups) was discovered near Twisp, WA (just east of the North Cascades and west of the DPS boundary). Genetic testing showed these wolves did not originate from the NRM DPS; instead they apparently dispersed southward from the wolf population in southcentral British Columbia. Both adults were radio-collared and the pack is being monitored via radio telemetry by Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. If this pack persists it will remain separated and distinct from the NRM DPS by the large expanse of unsuitable wolf habitat in eastern WA and OR.
http://www.fws.gov/mountain-prairie/species/mammals/wolf/annualrpt08/FINAL_2008_USFWS_Recovery_Program_Update_3-17-09.pdf
DNA samples confirm gray wolves are back in Methow Valley By Joyce Campbell
Methow Valley News
July 24, 2008
DNA tests showed that the wolves originated from a population in the northern British Columbia and Alberta provinces of Canada.
“This is a natural colonization,” said Fitkin. “The wolves are naturally immigrating.”http://www.conservationnw.org/news/pressroom/press-clips/dna-samples-confirm-gray-wolves-are-back-in-methow-valley
Is there a difference between “southcentral British Columbia” and “northern British Columbia and Alberta provinces of Canada”?
Perhaps the USFWS and WDFW should have gotten their story straight as to where they were going to say the wolves came from? I guess they couldn’t say, we hauled them in from Idaho with horse trailers, it just wouldn’t fit the narrative of: (“This is a natural colonization,” said Fitkin. “The wolves are naturally immigrating.” )
*Update* – June 13, 2014:
“DNA obtained from Lookout Pack wolves has shown they are descendents of wolves living in coastal British Columbia”, who lived separately from inland wolves for many generations, “Conservation Northwest” said in a press release. http://methowvalleynews.com/2013/06/25/will-federal-delisting-impact-states-wolves/

http://tomremington.com/2014/06/09/the-naturally-migrating-gi-wolves/

Meanwhile wolves are slaughtering the game herds in areas where WDFW refuse to confirm wolves, imagine that.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2018, 10:56:28 AM »

Whoa, Skippy. Take a breath and try switching to decaf. Let's start with the fact that neither of us want wolves here - common ground. The word reintroduction implies transplant. They weren't reintroduced into WA. They migrated here after they were reintroduced into the Greater Yellowstone area. And no, I don't think they're being transplanted anywhere in WA. Again, either show proof or it's a phantom conspiracy theory and makes us (or one of us) look stupid. Not even sure what bank robbery has to do with anything. Everyone has phones with cameras. I find it highly unlikely that transplants would happen without any witnesses, unless of course, they're killing the witnesses, too.

By going off on a tangent and a wild goose chase, you're not focusing on the real problems to do with the wolf plan. It's too aggressive, management goals are almost impossible to reach in the time it takes them to overpopulate, these are disease-infected animals that never should've been released, and we were lied to by the USFWS and the WDFW about the impact they would have and their reproductive rates. That's plenty of information to form a coherent and believable argument against the supposed "recovery".

In the end, it doesn't matter how they got here, they're here...now what?  That's the question, let's not get bogged down in the particulars.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]