collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Polaris side by sides  (Read 4680 times)

Offline bornhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
Polaris side by sides
« on: February 08, 2019, 11:51:52 AM »
Looked at a Polaris 1000 side by side yesterday at the Portland Sportsman show. Wow are they nice. Complete quality cab for both 2 and 5 seaters. One even had power windows! I was pretty much sold on the honda pioneer but the enclosed cab on the Polaris is nicer than all other brands at the show. I've been told in the past to steer clear of Polaris. I am wondering if the later models are good rigs?

Offline Shannon

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
Re: Polaris side by sides
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 12:49:53 PM »
I've heard people on here bash Polaris but I've had everything from Polaris 4 wheelers to Rangers to snowmobiles and all have had zero issues when you properly maintain them. I love them all. Good machines IMO

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 01:06:38 PM »
Those Rangers are the best fully enclosed UTVs in my opinion.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 01:29:06 PM »
I bashed Polaris.  Still will.  The older models are still poor.  Newer stuff last 5-10 years is much better.  I owned a rzr trail 900.  Good machine.  Now 2 Polaris atvs.  Honda Kawa Yamaha still better built imop.  Po Po are a good machine. I give em a B.  Kawa and Honda an A.  Yamaha B+.  Can Am C+.  My Kawa Teryx and Honda atv's by far better quality than any other I have owned.  The Teryx is best built tough reliable utv on market but sacrifices features others have. :twocents:  Don't be scared to buy a POOPOO!  Its a good machine, but not the BEST!  None are...
MAGA!  Again..

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 01:31:13 PM »
Who makes a better fully enclosed UTV then?

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 01:38:43 PM »
Ranger probably the best factory.  But many aftermarket stuff for other machines.  Can am Defender? Ug.  Honda is good one too.  The Yammy and Teryx have kits you can buy too.  The Ranger cab factory is probably best though.  A relative has the ranger enclosed cab and its very nice in bad weather.  Ranger is a good all around utv but not great for playing.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 01:43:09 PM »
Kind of what we've found too. Not a playing machine for me though.

Offline bornhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 09:36:24 PM »
I looked at all of them for a couple of years now and Polaris was never on my radar until yesterday. The quality of the interior and enclosed cab was amazing. I know that doesnt mean the rest of the rig is quality but dang comfort counts for something. You can fully enclose the other brands but you can tell its all add ons. With Polaris it looks like a small pickup truck. I gotta go test drive one if there is a dealer thatbwill let you do that. Thanks for everyone's input here.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 09:52:09 PM »
I rode in an almost new Polaris 1000 4 seat factory cab this winter, plenty warm and roomy enough, it was awesome, and went like hell, but I could smell the belt burning half the time. The owner said he had a new belt put on the week before. Another friend has three Polaris, he constantly has one in the shop. We have three Yamaha vikings now and have never had a breakdown with them, two of them have over 4000 miles, one has 2500 miles.

All these machines the Polaris and my Yamahas are being used hard for about the same type of service. I wished the Polaris were as reliable because I would rather buy American.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Caseknife

• Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, SCI
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 07:10:28 AM »
Bearpaw is correct about the Yamahas being damn near bullet proof with their drive system, but that being said,
their accessories suck!  Haven't had a chance to put the factory full cab on either of the X2 or X4, but not looking
forward to it if I get the chance.

The new body style 1000XP Rangers MY18-19 have had drastic improvements made to the design, all for the good.
Polaris accessories are the best bar none, heaters, cabs, wipers, winches all install with relative ease and fit and finish
is "close" to automotive.  The drive system does benefit from the use of use Low gear to prolong belt life when not in a free rolling situation, ie driving down an open road.  This is more pronounced when heavy cab systems have been installed and a load of gear/people. In other words, if you can smell the belt, use low.

I assemble, repair, and up fit both Yamaha and Polaris and if a machine had Yamaha's drive with the Polaris power and
fit and finish and accessory selection if would be a grand slam.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 08:37:10 AM »
I have a new 2018 RZR XP 1000. Fast, roomie, cool, creeps, crawls, 80 mph, no problem.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline syoungs

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 08:16:01 AM »
Alot of polaris bashing comes from people that buy a quad/utv, stick it in high range, and trail ride it at 3mph....
If low range is used when required, the belts last a long time. I've got a machine with 4200 miles on it on factory belt. I'm swapping it this year just because, and ill.keep the factory belt as a backup.

I'd say since 2005ish the quads have been improving a ton.

Offline bornhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 08:39:14 AM »
Anyone here know anything about the honda pioneer? Pros/cons?

Online highside74

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 09:39:39 AM »
Anyone here know anything about the honda pioneer? Pros/cons?

My buddy has a 2018 1000 and 700. He says after going on multiple outings with guys that have all sorts of Polaris, he is happy he went with Honda. He never has issues and he says it seems someone with a Polaris is always having a trouble of some sort.

Offline deerlick

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 09:43:09 AM »
My buddy bought a honda pioneer 700 this year. Rode like a 3/4 ton pickup up on rocky trails in idaho. My rhino rides like a Cadillac and cost 1/4 the price of his.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal