collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Mr. October  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Odell

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
Mr. October
« on: October 05, 2019, 09:54:28 AM »
Hey @boneaddict what can you tell us about this sweet buck? Is his left side just a 3? That back fork in his right side makes me drool, plus eyeguards this is a great buck. How old do you estimate him?

I’ve really enjoyed having your Calendar and hope you get some great pics for the next. Apologies for the low quality screen shot but wanted to give your work a shout out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 10:09:13 AM by Odell »
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Mr. October
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 10:31:07 AM »
THANK YOU!!!

No, they were matching forks in the back.   Ill have to see if I can drum up some better pics for you.   

He was the last buck of the trip.  I had already put seatbelts on and was heading for pavement when I spotted him.  He went up over the ridge and out of site.   I thought maybe I could cut him off on the main road.   I got to pavement and hurried around the mountain.  I caught him on the skyline from the other side of the ridge.   We pulled off and sat and ate lunch and watched him.  He started working his way down the face of the ridge.   I moved the truck over to where I thought he'd come down.  He basically walked down the hill to my truck and crossed the pavement right in front of my wife and I.  I took a whole bucnh of photos with him with my little lens, I think this was one of them.    It was fun watching him tear the hell out of things.   Favorite deer of the trip.    I absolutely loved his mass.   He walked out into the wide open country out of the sage and disappeared behind some fold never to be seen again.

Thank you.  I'm skeptical about this years calendar.  I guess I always have feelings like that.   I never reuse material so the pressure is always on.  I didnt get very much material this summer or early fall.     I've been very sick, so hopeing things pick up later this fall.   

Offline Mark Brenckle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 10:37:27 AM »
Hope you feel better soon, that's way more important than the calendar.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 11:24:53 AM »
 :yeah: Get well soon.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 05:37:47 PM »
Doug, I have always pictured you as indestructible and about 6'10" for some reason  :chuckle:. Hearing you have not been well is no good. Hope you are back to 100% very soon and are out chasing all gods creatures with your camera as you are every fall.

No kidding get well soon! There are thousands of us who enjoy the heck out of your pictures each and every year. You get the joy of taking and sharing them, we get the joy of viewing and dreaming!!!!

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 09:26:38 PM »
Hopefully "very sick" is quickly on the outs and you're soon on the road to a full recovery.  Godspeed Bone. 
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 08:19:37 AM »
Thank you guys!   I certainly embraced my mortality last week.  There was one night I really wasn't sure I was going to make it to daylight.  I'm on the mend now.  I still feel weird, but am gaining ground.   Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be back to form.

Here is a different angle of him.   Wouldn't it be something to find him this year.   I'm guessing similar frame, just more mass and maybe some extra moss or stickers.

Offline KB88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Scout
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 08:29:44 AM »
Glad your on the up...it’s hard getting older as he downs are longer and harder to recover from. Hope you get back in the saddle.

I may not post on this forum much; but I would like to say (I’m sure this goes for many others too) your work gives me hope that there are still plenty of big ones waiting on the next ridge. Every year your photos make me think... I need to upgrade my hunting grounds!

Hope the best for ya and look forward to the next giant you “shoot”

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 09:59:03 AM »
Great pictures, good story- really shows your knowledge of the animal how you were able to pick his exact trail, and I’m glad to hear you’re getting better!
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 12:52:27 PM »
Just dawned on me, I filmed him a year (or two) before, and I got him again yesterday.   8)

He was the buck in the fog.

Offline ELKBURGER

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2019, 01:23:11 PM »
He is looking pretty old, I hope you can get a couple more seasons of shots from him. Hope you're feeling better!

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 01:38:31 PM »
I am thank you.  He is on his way down.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal