collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Possible wolf sighting in Spokane? You decide  (Read 14642 times)

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Possible wolf sighting in Spokane? You decide
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2019, 10:19:36 PM »
Why do they keep spewing the same old line about wolves being wary of humans? They are wolves, they have no reason to be wary of anything.

Talking points from the USFWS and fake environmental groups like WDFW, CNW, DoW etc.....
:rolleyes:
Or maybe it's just a fact supported by lots of evidence over many decades.

Those using "the talking points" have been exposed as outright liars why do you insist on defending whats been proven wrong? We now have decades of evidence in Idaho since re introduction and the narrative they used has been shown to be completely false. My personal favorite" They wont damage the deer or elk populations you will just have to be a better hunter"  :chuckle: You probably believe all the forest fires also have nothing to do with practically eliminating logging either. I don't care really but I don't get why people continue to defend the bull crap they fed everyone when we now have first hand evidence that it was in fact bull crap  :dunno:
Your blabbing about a whole bunch of crap that I'm not going to waste time on.  All I said was there is ample evidence wolves are wary of humans...that general behavior is pretty obvious to anyone who has spent time in wolf country...pre or post legal hunting seasons.

85% run like hell when they see you. 15% don't has been my experience. They are WAY more skittish since we started hunting them. I called in a pack of wolves and shot one with a rifle and again 2 years ago had 6 come down a closed road right to me within 20 yards and I managed to get an arrow in 1 of them. I have had many other encounters where they got away. I don't think a wolf would be really wary of people in Washington since they are basically untouchable. That's decades of first hand on the ground facts in Idaho that everyone who spends time in Idaho wolf country should now have. Most of what "they" said has been proven to be false and we have decades of first hand knowledge to prove that. I know we wont see eye to eye on this ever but it seems like you always want to side with what the pro wolf biologist told us for years and we now have tons of evidence to the contrary. I know there is no real point to arguing this on the internet have a good hunting season.

:yeah:

Hunting and killing wolves in Idaho has changed their behavior a ton, anyone who disputes that or say's that wolves are just as wary pre or post hunting just doesn't know what they're taking about...at all.
I see nothing here refuting the only point I made...most wolves are wary of humans.  If they know you are there they will avoid you. Emphasis on MOST.  That's not some liberal talking point or pro wolf biologist bs...that's just a fact consistent with many wild animals. 

If anyone would like to continue to argue wolves are not wary of humans, please go take photos of 5 different wolves, in the wild, and post them up on this thread this weekend.  There are hundreds of wolves within a couple hour drive of NE Wa and N idaho...so getting pictures of 5 different/separate wolf encounters should be super easy if you believe wolves are not wary of humans...in fact, take selfies with the wolves in the background  :chuckle:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2019, 11:03:30 AM »
Not true at all, had em following me around for days keeping tabs on my movements, urinating on top of everywhere I took a leak scratching it up how they do with their back feet. They're curious and very often follow hunters. Not really to wary imo

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2019, 11:17:45 AM »
 :chuckle: 4 more when I can get out coming

Offline TheStovePipeKid

• They call me MISTER KID!
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • I. Kill. Turkey.
    • TheStovePipeKid
  • Groups: NWTF Annual Member, NRA Extended Pay Lifetime Member
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2019, 11:49:56 AM »
That's a very healthy looking coyote Idaho Guy. ;)
I laugh in the face of Danger. Ha ha ha Danger Face!

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2019, 01:28:35 PM »
That's a very healthy looking coyote Idaho Guy. ;)

:chuckle: yep!

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2019, 01:36:27 PM »
Here’s my selfie

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2019, 03:47:31 PM »
Huh...resorting to a trail cam pic for an animal not wary of humans???  :chuckle: :chuckle:

KF...same for you...if they are following you everywhere, just turn around and snap photos, post em up this weekend...its always fun seeing wildlife pics  :tup:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2019, 04:21:43 PM »
Huh...resorting to a trail cam pic for an animal not wary of humans???  :chuckle: :chuckle:

KF...same for you...if they are following you everywhere, just turn around and snap photos, post em up this weekend...its always fun seeing wildlife pics  :tup:

not being serious with trail cam photo  :chuckle: If I see one standing there this weekend the picture will be of a dead wolf  :tup: you might want to look at wolf encounter thread video recently posted.Those wolfs don't act wary at all. Idaho wolves have become pretty skittish for most part since hunting was opened but I don't think Washington wolves would be since they are untouchable for the most part   

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2019, 08:39:43 AM »

https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?topic=243523.msg3262803;topicseen#new

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2019, 08:47:03 AM »
Thats my kind of wolf hugger!   

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2019, 02:06:41 PM »

https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?topic=243523.msg3262803;topicseen#new

:tup: request granted Idaho hunter-  There is 5 unwary washington wolves on video! I guess I don't need my camera this weekend

Offline TheStovePipeKid

• They call me MISTER KID!
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • I. Kill. Turkey.
    • TheStovePipeKid
  • Groups: NWTF Annual Member, NRA Extended Pay Lifetime Member
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2019, 03:15:32 PM »

:tup: request granted Idaho hunter-  There is 5 unwary washington wolves on video! I guess I don't need my camera this weekend

You wouldn't want to miss out on another selfie by forgetting your camera.
I laugh in the face of Danger. Ha ha ha Danger Face!

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2019, 08:54:32 PM »

I'm confused...you and KF are telling me the wolves are not wary of humans...KF has them following him around peeing on him or something like that...and between the two of you, you've posted 1 trailcam pic, a dead wolf pic (nice one btw), and a link to some other guys video.

Between N. Idaho and NE WA...you fellas have literally hundreds of wolves all around you.  They aren't at all scared of humans according to you guys, so go snap 5 pictures and post em up.  You guys really don't even have to go out of your way...I don't understand why this is taking so long...just take the pics.

Or, maybe we all just agree wolves in general are pretty wary of humans, and while folks get occasional photos/video - even in areas with hundreds of wolves, its still not all that common for wolves to just stand around and let humans take pictures of them.  :dunno:  :chuckle: 

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2019, 09:34:15 PM »
Maybe that guy that got surrounded by a pack a couple years ago and had to shoot one that tried to come in from the rear thought they would be wary?

Maybe the gal in Idaho that barely stopped a wolf with her hand gun thought theyd be wary?

Maybe the USFW gal that sprayed a wolf numerous times with bear spray and ended up having to climb a tree twice thought they were suppose to be wary?

Maybe that kid who got his head chomped in his tent thought theyd be wary?

Maybe the guy attacked this summer in Canada thought they'd be wary?

Maybe the mountian biker who got attacked thought theyd be wary?

Maybe the teacher that got pursued then killed by wolves and partially consumed thought wolves were suppose to be wary of people??

I mean they've all been told wolves are wary of people right??

I won't be taking any selfies with wolves idahunter, if they're that close then an attack is likely imminent. Telling people that wolves are wary and avoid people only gets people hurt.

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2019, 10:33:23 AM »
Maybe that guy that got surrounded by a pack a couple years ago and had to shoot one that tried to come in from the rear thought they would be wary?

Maybe the gal in Idaho that barely stopped a wolf with her hand gun thought theyd be wary?

Maybe the USFW gal that sprayed a wolf numerous times with bear spray and ended up having to climb a tree twice thought they were suppose to be wary?

Maybe that kid who got his head chomped in his tent thought theyd be wary?

Maybe the guy attacked this summer in Canada thought they'd be wary?

Maybe the mountian biker who got attacked thought theyd be wary?

Maybe the teacher that got pursued then killed by wolves and partially consumed thought wolves were suppose to be wary of people??

I mean they've all been told wolves are wary of people right??

I won't be taking any selfies with wolves idahunter, if they're that close then an attack is likely imminent. Telling people that wolves are wary and avoid people only gets people hurt.

:rolleyes:
I figured you would bail when asked to present direct evidence of all these wolves that are unwary of humans in NE WA.  And please don't waste my time providing links to other peoples pics/videos...that would be like me arguing there are 400" bulls all over the place and they are easy to find and then giving you a bunch of youtube links to other guys who are out finding actual 400" bulls.  Absurd.

BTW - nobody has ever stated wolves or any predators won't and don't attack or threaten people...my statement was that MOST wolves are wary of humans.  And given the millions of people wandering the woods in areas where wolves live, of course there are going to be encounters.  General animal behavior doesn't mean a whole lot when its the one predator that's chewing on you personally, but to suggest that "wolves are wary of humans" is some liberal pro wolf talking point is absurd tinfoil hat BS and you know it.  Otherwise you would be able to immediately produce several of your own pictures of wolves as you live among hundreds...and you obviously can't...because its actually not all that easy to find a wolf and take its picture...because they are generally WARY of humans.  Some folks, probably some on this forum, could do it...but they are talented and spend a lot of time and have a lot of knowledge regarding wildlife behavior...but the average guy is not going to wander out in the woods and find multiple encounters with these "unwary" wolves.   

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Hunting Dog Memorial by ghosthunter
[Today at 08:55:30 PM]

Pairs by Dan-o
[Today at 08:15:34 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by pd
[Today at 07:31:15 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by trophyhunt
[Today at 07:20:21 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 06:50:06 PM]