collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Deleting PowerStroke  (Read 6065 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Deleting PowerStroke
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2020, 09:13:16 AM »
:yeah:   You are correct. :chuckle:   They are much much better now.  Agreed.  The price is the killer!   475/1000 are more than anyone will likely ever need.  Actually I do not think its safe for these new trucks to tow 35000lbs?  I am stuck at 2007.5, the year it all changed!   I am liking the new 7.3 gasser and that truck would probably do what I need quite well, except for mpg maybe!  400hp and 800tq is all I need honestly.  I am old school as well so biased in the simplicity of things and in the prospect of doing the work at home...

Right on. The MPG will be a huge downside to the 7.3. Still haven’t seen one in person. Weird.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Pnwrider

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2020, 09:20:54 AM »
Most places won’t even sell the delete kits anymore. EPA has been cracking down hard.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2020, 10:07:33 AM »
True.   I cant believe ya haven't got the new 7.3 in yet?   Crazy.   Hearing good things so far about it.   I think they will be good sales!   :twocents:
MAGA!  Again..

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2020, 10:30:12 AM »
One of my city accounts and at least 2 of my construction accounts have stopped ordering trucks with Diesel engines at this point. Seeing more and more gas powered bigger trucks lately. F350 and bigger I mean. Mostly because of idle time issues and short trip/stop and go issues. Can’t shut them off in the middle of a regen and they don’t get driven far enough to go through a full cycle. If they see the highway or a load now and then they tend to be fine. One city account I have has a standing rule with their crews. Once a week the diesel trucks get driven 30 freeway miles to fully burn themselves out.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2020, 10:31:15 AM »
Full disclosure is we suck at selling trucks. Have not had a lot of success selling to fleet accounts. We do a good service business but the sales lags. That’s probably why we haven’t seen the 7.3’s yet.

Offline bear

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2020, 04:55:25 AM »
Keep in mind with deleting it’ll hurt your trade in value. Private sale may not be an issue though. Dealerships can’t sell a rig that’s been deleted.  They have to put it all back together first. They’ll take that cost off of your trade in

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2020, 09:59:39 AM »
Keep in mind with deleting it’ll hurt your trade in value. Private sale may not be an issue though. Dealerships can’t sell a rig that’s been deleted.  They have to put it all back together first. They’ll take that cost off of your trade in

This is truth.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2020, 11:28:10 AM »
I'm not sure it holds true with the powerstroke, but deleting will cause engine to be very slow to warm up on the cummins,  annoyingly slow. 

Offline JH

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2020, 08:41:38 AM »
I guess I really hadn't consider the negatives of deleting it as everyone always suggests to do it.

I am throwing an error code currently which is for the Diesel Exhaust Fluid Heater control. I figure if I have to put money into something I might as well open it up. I'm not overly concerned about the resale value of the truck. I own it and plan on keeping it until it dies. What are the other negatives of deleting it?

I am located in Bothell.

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2020, 09:10:21 AM »
I'm not sure it holds true with the powerstroke, but deleting will cause engine to be very slow to warm up on the cummins,  annoyingly slow.

Turn your exhaust brake on or enable High idle (same thing in a factory EB truck)

Offline Snakeriver

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2020, 11:51:09 AM »
Delete it and dont look back. I bought my powerstroke from a dealer in Oregon. It was already deleted.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2020, 12:17:24 PM »
Delete it and dont look back. I bought my powerstroke from a dealer in Oregon. It was already deleted.

Illegal for them to sell.
:dunno:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2020, 12:22:37 PM »
I guess I really hadn't consider the negatives of deleting it as everyone always suggests to do it.

I am throwing an error code currently which is for the Diesel Exhaust Fluid Heater control. I figure if I have to put money into something I might as well open it up. I'm not overly concerned about the resale value of the truck. I own it and plan on keeping it until it dies. What are the other negatives of deleting it?

I am located in Bothell.

@JH

How many miles on your truck?

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers
SUBJECT: Customer Satisfaction Program 18M01
Certain 2011-2012 Model Year F-250-F-550 and 2013-2015 F-350-F-550 equipped
with a 6.7L Diesel Engine
Reductant Heater and Sender Assembly Repair
PROGRAM TERMS
This program extends the warranty coverage of the reductant heater and sender assembly to 11
years of service or 120,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. If
a vehicle has already exceeded either the time or mileage limits, this extended warranty coverage will
last through December 31, 2018. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.
NOTE: This program does not apply to vehicles that qualify for repairs under the New Vehicle Limited
Warranty. Repairs for vehicles covered by New Vehicle Limited Warranty should be claimed using
existing published labor operation codes.

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2020, 12:44:17 PM »
Deleted my 02', 03', and 10'.

The new 6.7L are fine without or I've grown old.

Get it done and don't look back.

Offline Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2020, 12:51:41 PM »
What did you delete from an 02 and 03?
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal