collapse

Advertisement


Author Topic: The new Ford Bronco  (Read 3078 times)

Offline Stein

  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • ******
  • Join Date: Sep 2013
  • Posts: 7228
Re: The new Ford Bronco
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2020, 11:51:35 AM »
Yeah, you're probably right.  It will likely be similar to Jeeps, 98% of them drive pavement full time and the other 2% put $10k into them to get what they want.

Fortunately for all of us is that reliability in vehicles is incredibly improved in only one generation.  When I was in elementary school, my best friend's dad had a party celebrating that he flipped 100k on the odometer, people showed up just to see it as nobody believed it actually happened.  This was back when it went to 00000.0 and didn't have the extra digit like we do know because nobody ever needed it.

Offline Sandberm

  • Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • *****
  • Join Date: Nov 2013
  • Posts: 2074
Re: The new Ford Bronco
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2020, 11:59:57 AM »
Those round headlights make it look like a jeep in the front and the rear makes it look like a Toyota FJ Cruiser.

It looks alright. :dunno:

Offline Fl0und3rz

  • Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
  • *****
  • Join Date: Oct 2010
  • Posts: 44368
  • Location: E. WA
Re: The new Ford Bronco
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2020, 12:02:54 PM »
Yeah, you're probably right.  It will likely be similar to Jeeps, 98% of them drive pavement full time and the other 2% put $10k into them to get what they want.

Fortunately for all of us is that reliability in vehicles is incredibly improved in only one generation.  When I was in elementary school, my best friend's dad had a party celebrating that he flipped 100k on the odometer, people showed up just to see it as nobody believed it actually happened.  This was back when it went to 00000.0 and didn't have the extra digit like we do know because nobody ever needed it.

I've had a 63 VW Notchback, a 1990 Toyota SR5 with the 3.0 V6, and now a F350 with the 460, all with at least 100K, and all ultra reliable.  Some times, old ways are best (except it would kill the 460 to get better than 8MPG once in a while).  :chuckle: 

There is a place for tech, whiz-bang gizmos, and peak HP and torque at the redline.  I love it all.  Just not in an offroad vehicle, IMO.

Offline Jpmiller

  • Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • *****
  • Join Date: May 2016
  • Posts: 2720
  • Location: Wilkeson
Re: The new Ford Bronco
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2020, 04:11:47 PM »
Good news about the Ford with the 460 is if it's like mine it never gets worse than 8mpg either lol

I'm excited to see how it does once it's been on the market for a year or two and would really like to end up with one if they aren't all hype.

Offline bullfisher

  • Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • *****
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 654
  • Location: west side
Re: The new Ford Bronco
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2020, 10:20:26 AM »
I dont care what anyone says, the bronco is dope! You can keep your V8 for something that deserves one. I'll take a little diesel in that thing before anything else..  :tup:

Offline LndShrk

  • Cnut the Great
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • ****
  • Join Date: Apr 2011
  • Posts: 356
  • Location: Stanwood
Re: The new Ford Bronco
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2020, 03:59:18 AM »
The 2.7 is twin turboed, there ain't lag. 380+ ft lbs under 3000 rpm...its a better curve than the 5.0 yote. Those that think it is not a powerful plant have the 10 speed...you put that tranny in Sport mode and mash it and it pulls from a dig all the way to 5000.

If you want to get technical, it's not a twin turbo. It's a bi-turbo or dual turbo or whatever you want to call it. There's a little turbo that spools at low RPM and a normal turbo that spools up normally. The little turbo eliminates 99% of turbo lag. You can buy an F150 with that engine that would be rated to tow 7500 pounds and will handle it in it's sleep. It's a much more powerful engine than some of you guys think.
Technically I believe it is a Sequential twin turbo. :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Fl0und3rz

  • Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
  • *****
  • Join Date: Oct 2010
  • Posts: 44368
  • Location: E. WA
Re: The new Ford Bronco
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2020, 05:19:41 AM »
I dont care what anyone says, the bronco is dope! You can keep your V8 for something that deserves one. I'll take a little diesel in that thing before anything else..  :tup:

Problem is emissions restrictions that make them all but impossible in the U.S., but I agree.  Then again, if we are going small diesels, I want a Toyota Hi-Lux.

Offline JimmyHoffa

  • Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • ******
  • Join Date: Sep 2010
  • Posts: 12354
  • Location: 150 Years Too Late
Re: The new Ford Bronco
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2020, 08:00:02 AM »
I dont care what anyone says, the bronco is dope! You can keep your V8 for something that deserves one. I'll take a little diesel in that thing before anything else..  :tup:
Same.  Bronco, Jeep, whatever...put a small diesel with some low gears on something that can run the backroads for a few days.

Offline Jpmiller

  • Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • *****
  • Join Date: May 2016
  • Posts: 2720
  • Location: Wilkeson
Re: The new Ford Bronco
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2020, 08:26:31 AM »
I dont care what anyone says, the bronco is dope! You can keep your V8 for something that deserves one. I'll take a little diesel in that thing before anything else..  :tup:
Same.  Bronco, Jeep, whatever...put a small diesel with some low gears on something that can run the backroads for a few days.

Not quite as off road capable but fine for forest service roads. I really like my diesel liberty except the small size.

 


* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Is Steptoe busy during modern opener? by MHWASH
[Today at 06:32:32 AM]


WTS - MISC FIRSTLITE, STONE GLACIER, EDDIE BAUER GUIDE by Deserthunter2016
[Today at 06:19:54 AM]


WTS - Martin Compound bows by Deserthunter2016
[Today at 06:19:10 AM]


WTS - 1992 Northland Yukon Pickup Camper by Deserthunter2016
[Today at 06:18:33 AM]


WTS - First Lite Vapor Stormlight and Sawtooth Vest by Deserthunter2016
[Today at 06:17:15 AM]


Mountain house time!!!!! by hollymaster
[Today at 06:06:54 AM]


The wait begins by jasnt
[Today at 05:56:08 AM]


NW Sportsman: Washington 2020 Buck Prospects by Onewhohikes
[Today at 05:47:45 AM]


Alkali Muzzy Starting Tomorrow by teanawayslayer
[Today at 04:34:05 AM]


Report Wolf Sightings Here - Hunting-Washington Wolf Count 158+ by Cascadia
[Today at 03:11:47 AM]


Looking for archery pro shop by solomtnhunter
[Today at 01:42:05 AM]


DNR land east of cascades closed by Dan-o
[Today at 12:50:04 AM]


Souse vide elk for dinner. by IFunk
[Yesterday at 11:37:53 PM]


Which powder for 10mm? by Mulie87
[Yesterday at 11:24:20 PM]


Eyes in the woods II by fishnfur
[Yesterday at 11:11:47 PM]


Uses for stinky bear oil? by yakimanoob
[Yesterday at 11:08:48 PM]


Lessons from the high hunt the good the bad and the ugly by savagehunter
[Yesterday at 10:32:53 PM]


GARMIN ETREX GPS by callturner
[Yesterday at 10:29:44 PM]


Canning tips ? by Twispriver
[Yesterday at 10:13:18 PM]


exotic meats by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 09:37:03 PM]