collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: First post - Intro and some questions  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Old Salt
Re: First post - Intro and some questions
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2020, 08:56:31 AM »
I read an article once that talked about coyotes and how they have been incredibly resistant to extirpation despite human's best efforts.  We have been able to get rid of bison, wolves, elk, and whatever else we have tried (or did accidentally), but despite shooting, trapping, poison and whatever else, we have never been able to get rid of coyotes.  It was a pretty interesting perspective and something I had never thought about before reading it.

I'm sure you can do it on a very local level, but they are a pretty unique animal and a real survivor.

Offline PKC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Re: First post - Intro and some questions
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2020, 09:15:39 AM »
You all are a wealth of information!  I appreciate the coyote tactics birdshooter and KFhunter.  Sounds like you guys have it dialed in.

I've also read and listened to people talk about the affects of coyote population control.  I think it was Steve Rinella who talked about the people who love having coyotes around should be very pro hunting - it creates more of them.

Thanks for your service also fishnfur.  The full sun for 6+ hours for apple trees will be difficult to achieve where I'm at - I didn't think of that until you mentioned it. 

* Advertisement