collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 9mm being hoarded?  (Read 16895 times)

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
Re: 9mm being hoarded?
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2021, 07:11:03 PM »
Obviously people don’t realize the agenda of the new administration. Buckle up.

It's the same agenda that Obama and Clinton had and clearly ammo did not go away.  Will they fight to tax it, take away "Assault Rifles", high capacity mags, etc., etc. etc.....YES.  But will ammo and guns go away.....NO.  I'm not for giving up any of my 2A rights but I am not in fear of ammo never coming back.  Seven million new gun owners....they all bought ammo for their new guns.  This is the majority of the reason ammo is in shortage.  Then of course you have people who are panicked and buying ammo by the truck load, but I believe those are fewer than not.  Manufacturing can't keep up with demand.  When demand slows, which it always does, ammo will show up on the shelves again.

You need to listen to full choke.......
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2021, 07:33:31 PM »
I think the supreme court would say that 2A rights also protect ammo by default.  If ammo was the solution to their banning firearms, it would be gone by now.  It would be like saying, take away "all firing pins" and make all firearms useless....if it was that easy, we wouldn't have guns.  The United States of America is not giving up our guns or ammo, 7 million first time gun owners proves that.     

Will they try....YES....will they win....some times.  Will their always be opposition....YES and at the end of the day, ammo will come back to the shelves as it has the last 3 times this happened. 

Anyone want to bet a brick of primers that I'm wrong??   :dunno: :dunno:

Offline SGTDuffman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2021, 07:42:02 PM »
You guys might want to read up. Joe wants to ban the online sales of ammo. His to do list reads like the fever dream of the most ardent anti 2A zealots you’ve ever heard of.

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2021, 07:55:11 PM »
I think the supreme court would say that 2A rights also protect ammo by default.  If ammo was the solution to their banning firearms, it would be gone by now.  It would be like saying, take away "all firing pins" and make all firearms useless....if it was that easy, we wouldn't have guns.  The United States of America is not giving up our guns or ammo, 7 million first time gun owners proves that.     

Will they try....YES....will they win....some times.  Will their always be opposition....YES and at the end of the day, ammo will come back to the shelves as it has the last 3 times this happened. 

Let me enlighten you just a little:

New gun controls taking effect July 1, 2019, will require citizens of California to pass a background check every time they buy a box of ammunition.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/30/california-ammunition-background-checks-take-effect-july-1/

Effective July 1, 2019, persons seeking to purchase or transfer ammunition will have to undergo an eligibility check, and be approved by the Department, prior to the sale or transfer, except as otherwise specified.

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/apap

Court Reinstates California Ammunition Purchase Law

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-04-25/court-reinstates-california-ammunition-purchase-law

For some reason you think this can't happen in Washington ??

molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2021, 08:06:02 PM »

Let me enlighten you just a little:

New gun controls taking effect July 1, 2019, will require citizens of California to pass a background check every time they buy a box of ammunition.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/30/california-ammunition-background-checks-take-effect-july-1/

Effective July 1, 2019, persons seeking to purchase or transfer ammunition will have to undergo an eligibility check, and be approved by the Department, prior to the sale or transfer, except as otherwise specified.

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/apap

Court Reinstates California Ammunition Purchase Law

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-04-25/court-reinstates-california-ammunition-purchase-law

For some reason you think this can't happen in Washington ??

Trust me...I follow all the same things you posted and more.  I am not debating they will not continue to fight and pass unconstitutional laws.  This does not change the fact that ammo "WILL" show back up on the shelves.  You will be able to buy ammo again.  You may have to go through a background check (I think this is ridiculous) but you will be able to purchase it. 

Again....I am not blind to the fact that the fight continues as it pertains to destroying our constitutional rights.  I just believe that this ammo shortage is a direct correlation to a couple things (that we have seen before) 1.  New firearm owners  2.  Election year  3.  The pandemic (riots, defund police, etc)   

It will be back.  If I'm wrong, I will eat crow....but to panic like people are doing is silly.   

Online mountainman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2021, 09:23:02 PM »
Obviously people don’t realize the agenda of the new administration. Buckle up.

It's the same agenda that Obama and Clinton had and clearly ammo did not go away.  Will they fight to tax it, take away "Assault Rifles", high capacity mags, etc., etc. etc.....YES.  But will ammo and guns go away.....NO.  I'm not for giving up any of my 2A rights but I am not in fear of ammo never coming back.  Seven million new gun owners....they all bought ammo for their new guns.  This is the majority of the reason ammo is in shortage.  Then of course you have people who are panicked and buying ammo by the truck load, but I believe those are fewer than not.  Manufacturing can't keep up with demand.  When demand slows, which it always does, ammo will show up on the shelves again.   
And added to those reasons, some don't realize the fact that firearm and ammunition manufacturers are also, due to covid restrictions, running at less then capacity. As covid goes away, so will a large part of the shortages.
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline SGTDuffman

• Scout
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2021, 11:50:20 AM »
As long as price gougers can continue making a killing gouging people, they will continue to buy all available stock and gouge. Once it is no longer profitable for people to buy out all available stock and sell it at insane markups, it’ll stop.

But you may never be able to buy cheap ammo again though. It depends how quickly this administration can do the things they want. All online sales of ammo will be banned. You’re also looking at background checks and purchase limits. They’ve been trying to ban lead ammunition for ages. Might try that again now too. You’ll be priced out of using firearms. The trends in this state are to limit your ability to discharge firearms on public land as well. They designate something a hiking zone or the like and close it to shooting.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]