collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Looking for Your Help - Donate Used or New Gear  (Read 27769 times)

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
  • Faith, Family, Hunting, Fishing, and Dogs!
    • https://www.facebook.com/tiebinds
    • The Tie That Binds: Outdoor Ministry
  • Groups: Christian Waterfowlers Association; NRA Life Member; GOA; DU; DW
Re: Looking for Your Help - Donate Used or New Gear
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2021, 04:58:55 PM »
Thanks to "Bushmantom" for meeting up today with some donations!
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. - Psalm 127:3-5

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2021, 05:41:56 PM »
Thanks to those who've invested in this work. We're just 2 months away from sending two new deer hunters on their first ever hunt. One of these men just became a father, as he and his wife adopted a beautiful baby girl. He's excited to be a dad that not only loves and cares for her, but has expressed to me that he wants to raise his children around the outdoors and invest in conservation and hunting/fishing.

Your investment in this project is having a lasting impact on generations to come. Thank you to all who've donated and to those still wanting to donate.

Please reach out to me if you'd like to set up a time to meet.
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. - Psalm 127:3-5

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2021, 06:02:37 PM »
 :yeah:  This is awesome what you are doing!  :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2021, 10:04:36 PM »
:yeah:  This is awesome what you are doing!  :tup:

Thanks, Dale. I'd love to talk to you sometime about partnership too. Send me a PM and let's discuss setting up some guided hunting trips in the future for pastors and missionaries that I'm coaching/consulting and walking alongside. I'd love to get them plugged in with your guide service.

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2021, 09:32:29 PM »
The gear drive continues on.

Yesterday, while picking up a used safe, I shared with the seller what I've been doing to help pastors and ministry leaders get into hunting and fishing, by providing them with the gear, guns, ammo, etc. through donations.

She stood there for a quiet moment, then put her hands on her hips and said,

"Well, if that's the case, stick around! My husband and I have all kinds of stuff you can have. We are downsizing, selling the house and shop, and moving into a smaller home so I can take care of him."

Unfortunately, he's fallen on tough times as his back is seriously deteriorated, so this incredible hunter and fisherman was selling or donating all of his gear. I felt sad for him, that he could no longer get out to do the things that brought him so much joy.

For the better part of an hour, I listened to her tell stories about his hunting and fishing adventures, while she handed me a pile of fishing rods, waders, reels, etc. Up on the wall, were trophy antlers of his past hunts in Utah, ID, and WA. He apparently had a love for mulies, elk, goose, ducks, fly fishing, and more. But, no longer could he enjoy the gear.

I introduced her to my dog, Chester. He loves everyone. She was no exception. You could see the sadness in her eyes... Chester changed her demeanor. She gave him a hug and a treat, then thanked me for what I was doing for helping her clean up the shop.

Before I jumped in the car, I asked, "Can I say a prayer for you and your husband and his back pain? I know someone who's an amazing Physician who loves his creation."

"Oh, would you? That would be so great."

I didn't pretend to know if she believed in God, but just asked my Heavenly Father to bring comfort, healing, and if at all possible, give him one last hunt over a goose spread or on a big buck. I guess I pictured myself in his place in the next 20 years and realized, it's coming fast.

As I drove away with a truck full of more gear, I got a text from my new friends: "Thank you for coming today. I'm glad you got the safe. My husband is all smiles right now after he heard that you're using his gear to help others. He's wondering if you can come back up here soon to meet him - he's got more gear he wants to give you."

I have to admit, I pulled over on the side of the road, thanked God for my calling and for Mr. & Mrs. A who are now sitting in their house smiling and feeling useful once again. We all just need to feel a little value in this life.

So, I'm headed back next week. Can't wait to see my new friends and partners with this gear drive.

Thank you to all of you donors out there. I see you and I'm grateful.

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2021, 07:01:11 AM »
How awesome is that. God does amazing things!

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2021, 08:58:12 AM »
How awesome is that. God does amazing things!

He sure does!

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2021, 11:34:05 AM »
Special thanks to Birdguy and his son for dropping off a bunch of donations a couple days ago. The fishing rods and tackle boxes and clothing will definitely be used!

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2021, 02:59:28 PM »
Thank you, @Nash, for driving up to meet with me and drop of some boxes of gear! I'm so grateful!

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2021, 08:50:27 PM »
It was our pleasure! It is a great cause and when we find more stuff its headed your way too!  :tup:

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2021, 09:01:34 AM »
It was our pleasure! It is a great cause and when we find more stuff its headed your way too!  :tup:

Awesome guys! Thanks.

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2021, 09:44:02 AM »
Thanks to 10mm for your donation!

Hunting-Washington Forum members are amazing!  :IBCOOL:

Offline Jburke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2021, 09:23:57 AM »
Shoot me a PM with an address. I know I’ve got plenty of fishing gear that I’ll donate and I’m confident I’ve got some extra hunting stuff laying around not being used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2021, 02:29:58 PM »
Shoot me a PM with an address. I know I’ve got plenty of fishing gear that I’ll donate and I’m confident I’ve got some extra hunting stuff laying around not being used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do!

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2021, 02:37:16 PM »
Man, this group of outdoorsmen and women are absolutely incredible. I am so humbled.

I met up today with another great forum member who took me by surprise when he handed me a pile of donated gear (most items were brand new/unused or lightly used), including ammo, clothing, archery gear, shotgun choke tubes, 8-person tent, 3-person tent, turkey gear, targets, boots, hats, socks, and a brand new muzzleloader with all the necessary accessories.  :IBCOOL:

I met up with another guy today who's helping me with another project, getting a recently retired Navy Chaplin with some much needed archery equipment.

Then, later on, I got a call from someone who has a Costco sized cooler waiting for me (new) to give to our new deer hunters.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Taco280AI
[Today at 03:45:23 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]