collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: FS Handmade knife from maker  (Read 19470 times)

Offline A. Cole

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Hunter
    • @aldencolehandmadeknives
    • aldencoleknives.com
Re: FS Handmade knife from maker
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2021, 05:27:22 PM »
The honest ones just said "440 Stainless" because the 440A was the problem. Great stainless, but horrible blade steel. 440C is great blade steel!
[/quote]

Interesting! I personally don't remember back that far, so I'm just going with what I've heard.

love the drop point. That is my favorite field knife.  $160 is a great price for a custom knife.

Thank you. I try to keep costs low, and I do comparatively, but production on my end is not cheap.

Offline A. Cole

• Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • aldencoleknives.com
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2021, 01:11:09 PM »
440c and brazilian rosewood (bottom), blackwood (top). Top is sold, bottom will have sheath, $150.

Offline A. Cole

• Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • aldencoleknives.com
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2021, 12:27:05 PM »
A recent bowie with two kinds of maple and a blue sheath.

Offline A. Cole

• Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • aldencoleknives.com
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2021, 01:56:08 PM »
A buddy of mine using one of my knives on a deer last season.

Offline A. Cole

• Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • aldencoleknives.com
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2021, 05:02:19 PM »
This is a slipjoint I just finished and I really like how it turned out. AEB-L (a new steel for me, but I've heard very good things about it) and stonewashed brass, with peened pins (invisible). It's a bit heavy because of the brass, but I like it. Sale pending.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 08:45:58 AM by A. Cole »

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2021, 07:43:13 PM »
Love the looks of that knife! Incredible work!

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2021, 07:52:25 PM »
This is a slipjoint I just finished and I really like how it turned out. AEB-L (a new steel for me, but I've heard very good things about it) and stonewashed brass, with peened pins (invisible). It's a bit heavy because of the brass, but I like it.

How much for this one?
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline A. Cole

• Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • aldencoleknives.com
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2021, 12:06:10 PM »
Thank you!

It is 160 + shipping. If you are interested I can send more specs. It really is a very nice knife. It has a stiff spring (which is how I like them), but some people find them difficult to open. Most likely everyone has carried a slipjoint at one time or another, just want to make sure people know that they don't lock.

Offline A. Cole

• Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • aldencoleknives.com
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2021, 12:01:55 PM »
This is one I finished the day before yesterday for my brother. Not available, but I can always make one from the same pattern. 6inches OAL open.

Offline A. Cole

• Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • aldencoleknives.com
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2021, 02:04:32 PM »
Two kitchen slicers, one in really cool Maple Burl and the other in, well, Black Canvas Micarta. I've had a couple questions on blade length for a previous kitchen slicer, so I figured I would build some longer ones. 1/16 thick AEB-L, handrubbed, flat plungeless ground. Approximately 12 inches OAL, 8in blade, 4in handle. Both are thin and are meant for slicing, not chopping. The Maple's handle is contoured to fit the hand and is finished with truoil. The Black micarta's handle is thinner and has rounded 45's. The maple's blade is warped slightly to the side from heat treat, not sure if it would be a problem in use. Never worked with anything this long or thin before. I thought it would come out just working with it, but it did not. Not meant for stabbing, as there is not much of a finger guard. Other than those caveats, these are beautiful knives ready to perform in the kitchen! These are both available for 150 each + shipping.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2021, 04:46:38 PM »
Two kitchen slicers, one in really cool Maple Burl and the other in, well, Black Canvas Micarta. I've had a couple questions on blade length for a previous kitchen slicer, so I figured I would build some longer ones. 1/16 thick AEB-L, handrubbed, flat plungeless ground. Approximately 12 inches OAL, 8in blade, 4in handle. Both are thin and are meant for slicing, not chopping. The Maple's handle is contoured to fit the hand and is finished with truoil. The Black micarta's handle is thinner and has rounded 45's. The maple's blade is warped slightly to the side from heat treat, not sure if it would be a problem in use. Never worked with anything this long or thin before. I thought it would come out just working with it, but it did not. Not meant for stabbing, as there is not much of a finger guard. Other than those caveats, these are beautiful knives ready to perform in the kitchen! These are both available for 150 each + shipping.
Gorgeous knives. I'm thinkin' about it.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline A. Cole

• Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • aldencoleknives.com
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2021, 07:53:38 PM »
And another slipjoint! Lanny's Clip in hollow ground, machine finished AEB-L and OD micarta. Turned out well. I think it has the smoothest and loudest action I've done for it's spring strength. The backspring is not flush in all positions, which is technically not good, but doesn't make a difference in use. The linked video shows the walk and talk, which it does nicely. It has a good spring tension, a little less than what I usually do, but about where it seems most people like it. 130 + shipping. Please excuse the clean hands.

Offline A. Cole

• Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • aldencoleknives.com
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2021, 02:32:33 PM »
Knifemaking isn't necessarily a profitable way to spend your time, but it can be put to good use. 40% of sales from A. Cole knives, not including shipping, will be going to Eastern European Missions (EEM) for the month of September. You can look at available knives here, https://aldgracole.wixsite.com/aldencoleknives/shop. Regardless of whether you want one of my knives or not, please take a look at EEM's website, https://www.eem.org/, and donate if you are able. EEM smuggled bibles into the Soviet Block and gave bibles to Muslim refugees in the 2016 refugee immigration. They currently supply bibles to over 30 countries.

Offline A. Cole

• Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • aldencoleknives.com
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2021, 08:42:36 PM »
A couple more backspring folders, both in hollow ground, machine finished AEB-L, both available for $130 each + shipping. 

Elk: Not sure what I was thinking when I etched the blade, as it will wear off since it is stainless, which isn't a problem unless you like the weathered look (I do). Peened pins with hammer marks left in them. Fairly round handle. Light pull. If you buy this knife you will be able to harvest zucchini.

Black Micarta: I stonewashed the whole knife before etching my makers mark and sharpening and I really like the look. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Offline A. Cole

• Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • aldencoleknives.com
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2021, 08:48:10 PM »
Black Canvas Micarta

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal