collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Is this why we lost our spring bear season?  (Read 10074 times)

Offline brew

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Sourdough
Re: Is this why we lost our spring bear season?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2021, 07:09:19 PM »
Flame this out all you want but I'm gonna say it...we as hunters are our own worst enemies.  How many posts on here rag on hunters who kill does legally ? Or shoot spike deer in an any buck unit and people bitch about it.  Or bitch about how good it used to be and now everything sucks...or how bow hunters/muzzy hunters/modern hunters are ruining for the rest of "us".  If it's legal to do so don't judge others for doing it.  Stop dividing us.  Start embracing people who get off their asses and buy the licenses/permits (including out of state hunters).  Hunting is conservation and embrace those who are willing to try and make a difference rather than proclaiming poaching is the way of the future.   We as hunters have enough factors against us without all the infighting.  Sorry for the rant but my God enough of being pissed off at those of us doing it legally
beer---it's whats for dinner

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2021, 08:03:34 PM »
They are certainly going for the whole enchilada, sound like they want to completely change current management, very alarming!
This needs to be fought like it's our last chance!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Hunter4Life

• supreme predator, hunter, carnivore, political animal, warrior for hunter's rights
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Groups: HHC, WWC, Hunting Works for Washington, SCI, Sportsmen's Alliance, NRA
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2021, 08:19:22 PM »
This state is done...time to move on. Larry used to be a champion for sports fishing and the outdoors, now he is bought and paid for by the radical nuts of the Wild Fish Conservancy and the remaining tree huggers. 6 months and counting until I am outta here.....

Carpenter is Judas, he is the reason we lost  the spring bear season.  End of story.  This summed it up perfectly.  The only question was going to be whether the vote was 4 -4, or 3 - 5 against us.  Carpenter knew he was voting no, there was question at about it.  The only Commissioner who there was a question about was Molly Linville, and she voted with the good guys.  Carpenter is totally with the ARs.  All the excuses he gave on why he voted no don't hold a bit of water. 

"A temporary pause to make a stronger case for spring bear later." 
"Afraid of a lawsuit."

Come on Larry!  The science was rock solid for spring bear now.  The animal-rights groups filed a lawsuit on spring bear in 2021 and you voted yes for spring bear.  Do you think waiting will lessen the animal-rights chances of filing a lawsuit?!  Dream on Quisling!  The animal-rights community motto is we have sued yesterday, we are suing today, and we will in the future.  We sue in the North, we sue in the South, we sue in the East, and we sue in the West.  We sue in the Mountains and we sue in the Valleys.  The animal-rights groups sue here, they sue there, they sue everywhere.

Larry Carpenter, you are so full of dung, it's pathetic.  We see through your lame excuses!

I hope you enjoy those 30 pieces of silver Judas and you can sleep with a clear conscience.
If guns kill people, then…
- pencils misspell words.
- cars make people drive drunk.
- spoons made Rosie O’Donnell fat.

Offline Hunter4Life

• supreme predator, hunter, carnivore, political animal, warrior for hunter's rights
  • Hunter
  • Groups: HHC, WWC, Hunting Works for Washington, SCI, Sportsmen's Alliance, NRA
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2021, 08:27:13 PM »
This effort needs to be stopped immediately, we need to get other user groups informed.   

All consumptive activities from Logging to Ranching and Mining will be affected.

:yeah:

TRUTH!!!!

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2021, 08:42:57 PM »
Flame this out all you want but I'm gonna say it...we as hunters are our own worst enemies.  How many posts on here rag on hunters who kill does legally ? Or shoot spike deer in an any buck unit and people bitch about it.  Or bitch about how good it used to be and now everything sucks...or how bow hunters/muzzy hunters/modern hunters are ruining for the rest of "us".  If it's legal to do so don't judge others for doing it.  Stop dividing us.  Start embracing people who get off their asses and buy the licenses/permits (including out of state hunters).  Hunting is conservation and embrace those who are willing to try and make a difference rather than proclaiming poaching is the way of the future.   We as hunters have enough factors against us without all the infighting.  Sorry for the rant but my God enough of being pissed off at those of us doing it legally
this is very true, prime example was bear baiting and hound hunting when it went up for vote in Washington in the 90’s.  There were actual hunters that voted for the ban.  That was a foothold and it’s only going downhill from there!

Offline Hunter4Life

• Hunter
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2021, 08:54:31 PM »
They are certainly going for the whole enchilada, sound like they want to completely change current management, very alarming!
This needs to be fought like it's our last chance!

Very true Bearpaw. In Oregon, they have Ip13 to ban hunting and fishing, in Washington the animal-rights folks think they can save they money on an initiative campaign and do it through the Commission.  That's why Washington Wildlife First was formed.

Offline Seabass

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2021, 09:10:13 PM »
Changing the definition of words is a scary deal. This state might be done.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2021, 01:02:48 AM »
Ya ,I agree that conservation is what the definition is.
With that said.
Many factors come into play with this spring bear closure.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline JeepWrangler

• Tracker
  • Groups: Wildlife Committee of Wa, Washington State Bowhunters, Pope and Young
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2021, 05:12:07 AM »
For me, it's not too late to start being an active participant in working to save hunting.

I've been a 'once in awhile I'll do something' person and I know I can do better and do more.

For all the splinter groups, and enemies wearing sheeps clothing amongst the hunting groups, for all the reasons and excuses why things didn't work out in the past, it doesn't change the fact that I can do more to help hunting.

So I will.

When future generations look to me and ask if I did all I could to help save hunting, I want to say that I did all that I was capable of.

Over the last few weeks I've joined a couple pro hunting groups I previously did not belong to, I set a up small recurring monthly donation to a pro hunting organization, I purchased memberships to a couple pro hunting organizations, I wrote some emails to those who make the decisions at the Government level letting them know the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation is worth saving from the attacks of the anti hunting forces.

I learned how to share and spread the online messages of pro hunting organizations to further get the word out to those who are in favor of supporting us.

I choose to be in the asset column of Hunting Conservation.

I hope others will do the same.

I
Member: Washingtonians For Wildlife Conservation
Member: Wildlife Committee of Washington
Member: Washington State Bowhunters
Financial Supporter: Blood Origins
Member: Western Bear Foundation
Pope & Young Book: Washington Black Bear

Offline huntingfool7

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: huntingfool7
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2021, 05:38:08 AM »
This state is done...time to move on. Larry used to be a champion for sports fishing and the outdoors, now he is bought and paid for by the radical nuts of the Wild Fish Conservancy and the remaining tree huggers. 6 months and counting until I am outta here.....

Carpenter is Judas, he is the reason we lost  the spring bear season.  End of story.  This summed it up perfectly.  The only question was going to be whether the vote was 4 -4, or 3 - 5 against us.  Carpenter knew he was voting no, there was question at about it.  The only Commissioner who there was a question about was Molly Linville, and she voted with the good guys.  Carpenter is totally with the ARs.  All the excuses he gave on why he voted no don't hold a bit of water. 

"A temporary pause to make a stronger case for spring bear later." 
"Afraid of a lawsuit."

Come on Larry!  The science was rock solid for spring bear now.  The animal-rights groups filed a lawsuit on spring bear in 2021 and you voted yes for spring bear.  Do you think waiting will lessen the animal-rights chances of filing a lawsuit?!  Dream on Quisling!  The animal-rights community motto is we have sued yesterday, we are suing today, and we will in the future.  We sue in the North, we sue in the South, we sue in the East, and we sue in the West.  We sue in the Mountains and we sue in the Valleys.  The animal-rights groups sue here, they sue there, they sue everywhere.

Larry Carpenter, you are so full of dung, it's pathetic.  We see through your lame excuses!

I hope you enjoy those 30 pieces of silver Judas and you can sleep with a clear conscience.

Pretty well sums it up! 

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2021, 06:13:32 AM »
I’m with Lewey F-em they take and they take and our crappy commission is a laughing brood of hen peckers with not a set of balls or common sense among them . As a hunter and trapper this state is disgusting for what’s happening, what happened to basing off science? Oh wait it’s another cancel culture so piss on them

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2021, 06:40:46 AM »
Nothing they do is science based. They don't listen to the Biologists (not that they are up front), its all about public opinion and we are in a losing battle there.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2021, 07:19:31 AM »
Rules and laws are only for the right  :dunno:

The left breaks them all the time. Antifa assaults, no big deal. Trying to burn police departments down with LEOs inside, that's okay. Smash & grab, people will do what they do. CHAZ/CHOP, nothing to see here folks. It never ends.

Some people talk about SSS to protect our herds, or simply hunting predators and oh no, you can't do that! Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying...

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2021, 07:31:46 AM »
Rules and laws are only for the right  :dunno:

The left breaks them all the time. Antifa assaults, no big deal. Trying to burn police departments down with LEOs inside, that's okay. Smash & grab, people will do what they do. CHAZ/CHOP, nothing to see here folks. It never ends.

Some people talk about SSS to protect our herds, or simply hunting predators and oh no, you can't do that! Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying...
bingo

Offline HUNTIN4SIX

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • My wife loves me.
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2021, 08:14:01 AM »
Nothing they do is science based. They don't listen to the Biologists (not that they are up front), its all about public opinion and we are in a losing battle there.
No they DO listen to the biologists.  Problem is they are all anti’s.  Even the deer and elk bios want to protect predators.  The deer and elk bio over here has wolf tats and is married to the head wolf bio.  Chit is corrupt. 
Liberal colleges have been producing liberal biologist for too long.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by BigVinn
[Today at 10:21:19 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Today at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Today at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Today at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Today at 09:12:44 PM]