collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Is this why we lost our spring bear season?  (Read 10073 times)

Offline Buckhunter24

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: Is this why we lost our spring bear season?
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2021, 08:23:08 AM »
For me, it's not too late to start being an active participant in working to save hunting.

I've been a 'once in awhile I'll do something' person and I know I can do better and do more.

For all the splinter groups, and enemies wearing sheeps clothing amongst the hunting groups, for all the reasons and excuses why things didn't work out in the past, it doesn't change the fact that I can do more to help hunting.

So I will.

When future generations look to me and ask if I did all I could to help save hunting, I want to say that I did all that I was capable of.

Over the last few weeks I've joined a couple pro hunting groups I previously did not belong to, I set a up small recurring monthly donation to a pro hunting organization, I purchased memberships to a couple pro hunting organizations, I wrote some emails to those who make the decisions at the Government level letting them know the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation is worth saving from the attacks of the anti hunting forces.

I learned how to share and spread the online messages of pro hunting organizations to further get the word out to those who are in favor of supporting us.

I choose to be in the asset column of Hunting Conservation.

I hope others will do the same.

I

If you have a minute would you post the group you are donating to?

Offline Seabass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2021, 09:10:18 AM »
Ya ,I agree that conservation is what the definition is.
With that said.
Many factors come into play with this spring bear closure.

When you change the definition of words you have a much bigger deeper agenda. Spring Bear hunting is just the beginning! They are playing chess and we are playing checker's. They have been playing the long game for a long time and now they are winning.

Offline mcrawfordaf

• Longhunter
  • PF, RGS, INWWC, SBDA, NWTF
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2021, 09:27:02 AM »
With that said.

When you change the definition of words you have a much bigger deeper agenda. Spring Bear hunting is just the beginning! They are playing chess and we are playing checker's. They have been playing the long game for a long time and now they are winning.

The same people you see ruining our country are the same ones involved in taking away our hunting. Postmodernists - trained and educated by liberal activism institutions. Postmodernists are in a constant push to change the meaning of words and skew language to their favor.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2021, 09:33:47 AM »
With that said.

The same people you see ruining our country are the same ones involved in taking away our hunting. Postmodernists - trained and educated by liberal activism institutions. Postmodernists are in a constant push to change the meaning of words and skew language to their favor.

I'll be a little more real ....
Conservation is the webster dictionary definition says it is.
End of story.
This isn't like the 200 different transgender we have now.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Seabass

• Scout
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2021, 09:49:48 AM »
With that said.

You are 100% correct...unfortunately. I hate to be "that" guy. I typically shy away from an alarmist/conspiracy mindset but these folks aren't even covert anymore. They are telling you, very overtly, what their intentions are. It's being played out on decision by decision basis in may different arenas.

I am deeply involved in 3 things...my business (financial services), hunting/fishing and high school football. I am seeing these issues playout in the exact same way by the same player's in everything I care about.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2021, 09:57:41 AM »
Posting your intension of poaching, or any crime, on the internet is not suggested. I believe it also violates forum policy. I'm not disagreeing with your sentiments. I'm questioning the visual impact this has on non-hunters regarding our privileges and heritage, and the effect it'll have on you if/when you're caught by LE down the road.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Colville

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2021, 09:59:56 AM »
Internal squabbles over shooting dinks, bears, hunting with dogs or other old as the day is irrelevant. The opposition doesn't want any animal shot, ever.  They will take any incremental reduction in hunting they can create.  They don't care about our internal debates because ultimately, hunters are a slim slice of the public at large.  In a liberal state with no competition for governing, the only hope is that people who don't hunt can be convinced that hunting is a legacy and tradition with real value and it's preservation is sensible. So much so that they'd consider it when they vote. Our choir is way too small and it's bickering isn't causing or worsening the problem. 

Picking on bears is easy.  I think it's because most non hunters don't believe we eat them, just kill them.  They don't believe they are the same as deer/elk with respect to a food source.  They see it as "trophy" hunting, senseless killing without redeeming merit.  Of course that's wrong, but they don't know it.  Go ask a non hunter if they've ever eaten bear and you are likely to hear, "can you eat bear? Yuck."   Of course the ancillary benefit of protecting predators is the reduction in hunting quality and through time, hunters. 

Hunters have no specific codified rights in WA.  We are governed by the left, by preservationists, not conservationists. Governed by anti hunters and anti 2nd amendment folks. Our issues aren't even publicly known because it's not in the media.  The media is an extension of the above.  Without broad public support from those that do not hunt, we are moving gradually toward zero.   If you live in a city on the west side, ask someone in the grocery line what they think of spring bear being closed.  You'll get a blank ass stare and a "I'm sorry, what?"  That's why they know they can get away with it.

The only real chance I see is hunters getting a purely hunting rights org and leveraging all the manufacturers of equipment used in hunting to fund real lobbying.  And by that, I mean funding campaigns for their opponents in competitive districts. Elected persons only care about not being elected again.  Appointed members only have to account to the person who appointed them. 

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2021, 11:03:45 AM »
Posting your intension of poaching, or any crime, on the internet is not suggested. I believe it also violates forum policy. I'm not disagreeing with your sentiments. I'm questioning the visual impact this has on non-hunters regarding our privileges and heritage, and the effect it'll have on you if/when you're caught by LE down the road.
then ban me from the forum

Offline pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2021, 11:40:17 AM »
Are there any news articles on this?

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2021, 12:13:15 PM »
then ban me from the forum

Take it easy fella. Just a friendly suggestion not to incriminate yourself. Not everyone is your enemy.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2021, 12:51:17 PM »
Dori Monson and tom nelson on live at 1pm

Online Southpole

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2021, 01:18:59 PM »
Dori Monson and tom nelson on live at 1pm

:yeah:
$5 is a lot of money if you ain't got it

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2021, 01:19:37 PM »
Fastest 15 on now...i believe it's after. Tuned in at work.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2021, 01:31:03 PM »
Live at 1:30, 97.3 Fm is what I heard?? Commisioner live.   Listener call in number!   (888) 973-5476
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2021, 01:31:35 PM »
Or was it 1???  Facebook says 1:30
“In common with”..... not so much!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

World Record Archery Blacktail by pd
[Today at 07:31:15 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by trophyhunt
[Today at 07:20:21 PM]

Hunting Dog Memorial by Henrydog
[Today at 07:06:30 PM]

Pairs by nwwanderer