collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Upset Trapper? RANT  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Upset Trapper? RANT
« on: December 28, 2021, 01:24:02 PM »
To the person with the white pickup (if a member here) that today stopped on the road while I was checking my traps and ranted and raved I was trapping on your trap line.
First the traps I have out are on either Forest Service or BLM land so it is public land not private.
Second when I put my traps out I broke trail through the snow to get them located and there are no other tracks in the snow indicating another person had even been to the areas of my trap placement, so First Come First Served.
If you can't comprehend that the area is NOT your private trapping area, tough fecal matter, either get over it or eat feces and die

Also be advised I do have cameras on the cage traps so if you are infantile enough try and screw with them your picture will be taken and posted publicly for everyone to know what kind of a hole you are, I already know because of your actions today 12/28/21

Edited to comply with mods wishes.

Edited to remove attempts to work around profanity filters....
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 02:11:34 PM by Jingles »
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline Cougartail

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Upset Trapper? RANT
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 02:43:44 PM »
lol.. public land is public.  Lease private land if you want to have exclusive use.

I can set next to others and get the cat if I'm  doing it right. :twocents:
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 03:27:38 PM »
To the person with the white pickup (if a member here) that today stopped on the road while I was checking my traps and ranted and raved I was trapping on your trap line.
First the traps I have out are on either Forest Service or BLM land so it is public land not private.
Second when I put my traps out I broke trail through the snow to get them located and there are no other tracks in the snow indicating another person had even been to the areas of my trap placement, so First Come First Served.
If you can't comprehend that the area is NOT your private trapping area, tough fecal matter, either get over it or eat feces and die

Also be advised I do have cameras on the cage traps so if you are infantile enough try and screw with them your picture will be taken and posted publicly for everyone to know what kind of a hole you are, I already know because of your actions today 12/28/21

Edited to comply with mods wishes.

Edited to remove attempts to work around profanity filters....

Not sure I would have shared that little tidbit if the person is on here and reads this, may end up with a missing or damaged trap AND a stolen camera...
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Online Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 03:33:25 PM »
I had a guy check two traps for me. He was kind enough to remove two bobcats for me even.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Online MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 03:39:07 PM »
Here we go
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2021, 03:45:34 PM »
This kind of thing has been going on since there were hunter/gatherers. People take ownership of an area at least in their mind and think they are managing the furbearers in the area. In Canada they went all in on it with registered traplines.
Well, we don't have them in the US so the best thing is if trappers can cooperate. If you run into another trapper on your line rather than getting into a tiff, I would urge you to talk with them. It has happened to me a few times and we mutually agreed where each guy would trap. Made some good friends.
It has went the other way once too. Not much you can do when you meet someone that won't give anything. Then you have to decide whether it is worth it.
Try talking to the guy if you can and see if you can come to agreement on where each of you will trap. Nothing to lose by talking.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2021, 04:13:47 PM »
This kind of thing has been going on since there were hunter/gatherers. People take ownership of an area at least in their mind and think they are managing the furbearers in the area. In Canada they went all in on it with registered traplines.
Well, we don't have them in the US so the best thing is if trappers can cooperate. If you run into another trapper on your line rather than getting into a tiff, I would urge you to talk with them. It has happened to me a few times and we mutually agreed where each guy would trap. Made some good friends.
It has went the other way once too. Not much you can do when you meet someone that won't give anything. Then you have to decide whether it is worth it.
Try talking to the guy if you can and see if you can come to agreement on where each of you will trap. Nothing to lose by talking.

:yeah: i have had way better luck trying to cooperate. Really helps both trappers out since you wont literally be trapping on top of each other but can trap the same general area with success

Offline Jingles

• Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2021, 04:21:37 PM »
Invited the guy to come over to the truck so we could talk rather than yell back and forth but the other person would have nothing to do with it just called me all kinds of names for trapping on his trap line. Heck even had a full thermos of coffee and an extra cup
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2021, 04:32:33 PM »
Invited the guy to come over to the truck so we could talk rather than yell back and forth but the other person would have nothing to do with it just called me all kinds of names for trapping on his trap line. Heck even had a full thermos of coffee and an extra cup

How big of a fella was he ?  might have to go to plan b  :chuckle: :chuckle:

Online MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2021, 04:36:57 PM »
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 05:25:06 PM by MADMAX »
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline AL WORRELLS KID

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • The Ancient of Days Lives
  • Groups: Washington State Trappers Association
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2021, 03:39:40 PM »
You want to talk about some tough Competition, you should have seen it around here when this was the "Land of the Leghold's".
Jingles, you're right, it sure is frustrating when you are enjoying the Outdoors and some Knucklehead shows up with an attitude.
Many times Soft Words will break Hard Bones but there is always that exception.
"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom." Theodore Roosevelt

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal