collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Memorial Day  (Read 2122 times)

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Memorial Day
« on: May 24, 2022, 12:46:19 PM »
As we all know, next Monday is Memorial Day when we remember those service men and women who are no longer with us. It is unlike Veteran's Day for that reason. Veterans can have a tough time, especially combat veterans, thinking about the brothers and sisters who didn't survive combat with them. "Happy Memorial Day" may not be taken well. Many don't want to be thanked for their service on that day. To a veteran, if you're compelled to say anything on Memorial Day, "Never forget" is appropriate. All gave some. Some gave all.

Do you have a special thing you do on Memorial Day? I spend a few hours laying coins at the National Cemetery and reading the headstones.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Online vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
Re: Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 12:55:31 PM »
I complete "Murph" every year and am excited that this year is the first year our gym that I helped build will be hosting the workout.
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 01:51:06 PM »
With fuel prices we will not be going anywhere this year. I will be hoisting a new USA made flag and maybe a new Army flag to go with it. So far, I've only found ones made in China. That's not going to happen.
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 02:34:07 PM »
With fuel prices we will not be going anywhere this year. I will be hoisting a new USA made flag and maybe a new Army flag to go with it. So far, I've only found ones made in China. That's not going to happen.

https://www.showallegiance.com/
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline mcrawfordaf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • PF, RGS, INWWC, SBDA, NWTF
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 02:48:22 PM »

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 05:07:38 PM »
Our Walla Walla Army JROTC is conducting its Annual Review tomorrow with a change of command and a dedication of a plaque outside of our rifle range to Retired Master Sergeant Jerry Taylor, former instructor and rifle team coach who passed last year.  We will begin the ceremony on the soccer field at 9:45 am.  Anyone who is in the area and would like to attend is welcome.
On Thursday all cadets will receive a class on how to identify a veteran's grave (symbols, abbreviations, etc...).  After school the entire cadet battalion will meet after school, walk to Mountain View Cemetery and spend 3 hours planting 3,000 flags on the graves of each veteran buried there.
On Monday we will conduct several Color Guards throughout Walla Walla.
I'll try to remember to come back on here and post some pictures.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 05:12:24 PM »
Short straw for me this year and I've got the dreaded "on call" for memorial weekend at work boooo!!!!
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Sutherland

• Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2022, 05:56:31 PM »
Same here...

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2022, 06:55:38 PM »
Our Walla Walla Army JROTC is conducting its Annual Review tomorrow with a change of command and a dedication of a plaque outside of our rifle range to Retired Master Sergeant Jerry Taylor, former instructor and rifle team coach who passed last year.  We will begin the ceremony on the soccer field at 9:45 am.  Anyone who is in the area and would like to attend is welcome.
On Thursday all cadets will receive a class on how to identify a veteran's grave (symbols, abbreviations, etc...).  After school the entire cadet battalion will meet after school, walk to Mountain View Cemetery and spend 3 hours planting 3,000 flags on the graves of each veteran buried there.
On Monday we will conduct several Color Guards throughout Walla Walla.
I'll try to remember to come back on here and post some pictures.

molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2022, 11:44:01 AM »
About a 100 cadets got 3,000 flags out before the thunderstorm hit last night. 
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2022, 12:14:08 PM »
Wonderful. You've got some good cadets there, PF.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal