collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who here field hunts??  (Read 7575 times)

Offline Choclab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Stubby
Who here field hunts??
« on: April 25, 2007, 02:42:38 PM »
Well? How many of you guys hunt fields out of layout blinds? I am really getting into it. I am all set up for this season. I got permission to hunt a fantastic field that holds a ton of geese and ducks. It is a huge corn field that butts up to a timothy field that has small ponds on it  :drool:  I have already invited Coot man for a hunt. I would like to possibly hunt with a few members from this board also. Maybe we could swap a few field hunts?
Eastsider stuck on the wetside......

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Who here field hunts??
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 03:01:17 PM »
Well well well...i was just thinking maybe i should consider selling my layout blind that i've never used. not even mudded up yet. maybe i should hang onto it :chuckle:
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Choclab

• Longhunter
  • Stubby
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 09:02:56 PM »
How much ya want for it....LOL!!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 09:43:18 AM »
its this one...make me an offer. it is unused. on a shelf in my garage.
http://www.averyoutdoors.com/finisher_blind.html
$259.99 new through cabelas
i don't have the box anymore.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline SequimHunter01

• Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »
I do a lot of field hunting throughout the year.  Mostly up at our club in Sequim in barley fields in a layout.  However, some of it is done from certain "honey holes" :dunno: around where I live in SW Washington. ;)
When you work, work hard.  When you play, play hard.

"To kill more ducks you need to go gangsta. I wear a "Jefferson Street" white "Pimp Parka" while hunting in the snow --- Brings in them Bitchas !!!! Not that I shoot hens on the water ---" - Originally posted by old sxs on Refuge Forums.

Offline furface

• Pilgrim
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 12:47:45 PM »
I am geared up and do a lot of field hunting. I lost my two best spots this year both were within 20 minutes of my house.  :bash:
One was sold for $20,000,000. :o
The other I lost because the land owners neighbour was given permission to hunt. He hunted it everyday all week long and didnt give it a rest. When the land owner wanted to hunt it on the weekend it was ruined.

Offline Choclab

• Longhunter
  • Stubby
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 02:44:16 PM »
That sucks furface. I lost a couple decent spots over the years. I am kinda glad I lost a few though. It made me go out and try to find better fields...and I did. The development is really gonna start to take a toll on us duck hunters

Offline SequimHunter01

• Pilgrim
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 10:58:22 AM »
I am geared up and do a lot of field hunting. I lost my two best spots this year both were within 20 minutes of my house.  :bash:
One was sold for $20,000,000. :o
The other I lost because the land owners neighbour was given permission to hunt. He hunted it everyday all week long and didnt give it a rest. When the land owner wanted to hunt it on the weekend it was ruined.

Furface, I am again curious, (due to being in the Sequim area), where abouts you're talking about?  No worries if you don't want to reveal your spot, I understand completely.  I'm not trying to find new areas due to the fact that our property always produces limits.  (Not trying to sound conceited there, just wanting to re-itterate that I'm not scouting!)  I'm writing merely because of curiosity.  Later man!! :P
When you work, work hard.  When you play, play hard.

"To kill more ducks you need to go gangsta. I wear a "Jefferson Street" white "Pimp Parka" while hunting in the snow --- Brings in them Bitchas !!!! Not that I shoot hens on the water ---" - Originally posted by old sxs on Refuge Forums.

Offline HaydenHunter

• Hunter
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 09:12:11 AM »
Hey, hey...first post on this site.

We used to hunt out of boat blinds or constructed ground blinds over water.   Now we hunt 80+% of the time out of layouts at water's edge or in the field.

We, too are losing field hunting places, to development in North Idaho.  We have farmers that will soon be going out of the grass farming business due to burn bans.  Some are selling out and others plan to switch to other crops that may or may not attract feeding geese. 

Our field hunting is geese only, and we set out between 50 and 100 decoys, all flocked FBs and wind permitting, some socks.  They add the right kind of motion and can be quite deadly.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]