collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Abandoned game cams  (Read 33321 times)

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
Re: Abandoned game cams
« Reply #195 on: December 29, 2018, 01:25:01 PM »
I saw a bunch of abandoned game cams at Cabelas.
Hopefully you weren't taking a dump.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline 3nails

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
    • Jeff Hinkle
« Reply #196 on: December 29, 2018, 01:49:26 PM »
  :chuckle:
Amadeo
https://www.youtube.com/@3nails337

Instagram    3nails_hinkle

Offline Alpine Mojo

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #197 on: December 29, 2018, 04:00:28 PM »

Reason to be proud of your adult contribution to the discussion?
Friend: "Are you free tonight?"
Me:  (Gazing into the distance as a bald eagle screeches)  "I'm always free"

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #198 on: December 29, 2018, 04:12:01 PM »

Reason to be proud of your adult contribution to the discussion?

LOL

When did this thread turn adult?

Certain people* have expressed their opinion over and over again, while belittling those of a differing opinion.     

I'm still smiling at the thought of you referring to this thread as an adult conversation.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2018, 05:08:47 PM »
Man, all this talk about adult stuff is for another thread. If you don't want your stuff tampered with don't leave it unattended on public land. Clearly alot of people who go in the woods are immature thieves who would take $100 blowing in the wind without even batting an eye! Didn't you read the whole thread. Maybe these people think the cams are for the public to see what's been there before they got there. Like a Geo cache where you take an item and leave another item. Anyone ever found one of those? It's all coming to light now! These are Geo cached cameras! From now on if you find a camera post it's coordinates online so others can try to find it too! :chuckle:

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2018, 06:31:04 PM »
Man, all this talk about adult stuff is for another thread. If you don't want your stuff tampered with don't leave it unattended on public land. Clearly alot of people who go in the woods are immature thieves who would take $100 blowing in the wind without even batting an eye! Didn't you read the whole thread. Maybe these people think the cams are for the public to see what's been there before they got there. Like a Geo cache where you take an item and leave another item. Anyone ever found one of those? It's all coming to light now! These are Geo cached cameras! From now on if you find a camera post it's coordinates online so others can try to find it too! :chuckle:

LOL
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline 3nails

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Frontiersman
    • Jeff Hinkle
« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2018, 06:32:19 PM »
Oddly, that's actually an interesting idea. You find the cam, post the pics it took of you and relocate it for the next person.  :hello:
Amadeo
https://www.youtube.com/@3nails337

Instagram    3nails_hinkle

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2018, 07:15:00 AM »
That already happens in Geocaching, except you don't move the cam-cache.
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline Twispriver

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2018, 08:05:10 PM »
I kind of like Montana's law on trail cameras - no cameras during open hunting seasons - it sure eliminates the confusion on whether or not a camera has been abandoned.
If you're a Nigerian Prince with an inheritance to share, please call 1-800-Mar-a-Lago now. We're getting desperate here.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2018, 08:30:59 PM »
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline davk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, GOA
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2019, 06:53:10 PM »
Had a camera messed with at the end of December.  Glad he didnt steal it but it has a code and he turned it off and back on, so it didnt restart. Got a solid week of pics on a 3 month soak. Wish people could just be adults and leave stuff thats not theirs alone.   :bash: :bash: :bash:  Tempted to throw his pic up here, but figure he can probably do more harm to the area than his pic being up here would do.

Offline davk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, GOA
« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2019, 07:00:04 PM »
I wish they were all illegal, they make me feel like I'm trespassing on my own (i.e. public) land, every time I run across one.  Also makes people act like they have a prior claim to the first come first served rule.
Wish I wouldnt have started reading more of this thread.  This is the dumbest thing I have read today ... and Ive been writing reps all day on all the dumb bills being introduced.

I get pissed off when I see vehicles parked at MY gate at MY public land!  When I see someone on MY public land in MY spot I get pissed off and start yelling and shooting into the ground.  Acting like they get to hunt that spot because they were there first.  SMH!  :tup:  :bash:

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2019, 07:23:45 PM »
I kind of like Montana's law on trail cameras - no cameras during open hunting seasons - it sure eliminates the confusion on whether or not a camera has been abandoned.
I'm pretty sure they repealed that?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Thermal Predator Control

• Thermal Predator Control
  • Business Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Brad 509.308.6551
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/3332220800145116/?ref=share
    • Thermal Predator Control
« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2019, 08:28:17 PM »
Abandoned!!!!?????  Are your joking!!???  It’s not yours! I’ve left cameras out all fall winter and came back early summer to get it.  Crap like this just pisses everyone off.  There are many ways to keep your cameras away from idiots that steal them.
I provide a service to cattle ranchers year around that have problem coyotes.  I also provide guided night hunts year around. I sell Night Vision and Thermal optics. The scopes I use are the NVision Halo XRF and Pulsar Merger XL50 LRF HD Binoculars

Offline Atroxus

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #209 on: January 30, 2019, 08:33:24 PM »
I wish they were all illegal, they make me feel like I'm trespassing on my own (i.e. public) land, every time I run across one.  Also makes people act like they have a prior claim to the first come first served rule.

Wish I wouldnt have started reading more of this thread.  This is the dumbest thing I have read today ... and Ive been writing reps all day on all the dumb bills being introduced.

I get pissed off when I see vehicles parked at MY gate at MY public land!  When I see someone on MY public land in MY spot I get pissed off and start yelling and shooting into the ground.  Acting like they get to hunt that spot because they were there first.  SMH!  :tup:  :bash:

So you are saying that if you put your camera up on a tree last year and I find that spot, I can't hunt it because you staked your claim on it with your camera? :o If so,you kind of proved SuperX's point.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal