collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Vortex Optics customer service  (Read 8272 times)

Offline Lyons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Re: Vortex Optics customer service
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2019, 06:04:55 PM »
I've been going about this all wrong. Vortex is horrible, worthless gear. PM me if you need to off load this crap.  :chuckle:

Offline jowings22

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2019, 07:14:28 PM »
I’ve had Razor HD binos, Razor HD spotter, Viper HD binos, and even a viper rifle scope (plinker, not a hunting rifle). Have never had an issue with any of them and I’ve felt they have been great quality for mid range optics, but the stories I’ve heard from hunting buddies and in general keep “failure” in the back of my mind at any minute. The vortex customer service has always sounded to be bar none compared to other experiences I’ve had.... had a Bushnell riflescope break during an elk season with no hope of replacement before the season end, had Nikon monarch binos that broke a week before the season and was left with nothing because they were unable to replace in time. I’ve also had several other “cheaper optics” fail... riflescopes, spotting scopes, and binos (including a few maybe not so cheap). Personally, I choose to use something that I am confident is less likely to fail if it comes down to filling a tag or not. My hunting rifles carry mostly Leupold or Swarovski.

That being said, I haven’t been fortunate enough to draw any OIL tags, or a tag that relies heavily on “glassing” to be successful. If I did, I might be dropping some additional cash on optics....

Offline RockChuck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2019, 07:45:08 PM »
I don’t want to turn this into a Vortex sucks conversation.  I’ve always been a middle of the road budget gear guy. I don’t have a ton of money to spend on Swarovski optics or the like. Mid price range stuff has always been sufficient for me. I got bit by the Vortex bug several years ago. Bought myself a few rifle scopes, a pair of 15x56 Vulture bino’s and a Viper non-HD 20-60x80 spotting scope. Fast forward to 2017 and Rainier10 and I are sitting on the side of a mountain looking at mountain goats. I go to pull my spotter out and it has completely unthreaded itself inside its neoprene sleeve. Not sure what the heck. I get it screwed back together and it seems to work fine, but I emailed Vortex when I got home and they had me send it in for a repair. Got it back a week later better than it was. They fixed whatever they fixed, cleaned and serviced it and purged the air out of it or whatever.  Fast forward again to 2019 opening day of deer season. I pulled my spotter out to find it’s essentially unscrewed itself again inside the neoprene sleeve.

Put it back together and just rolled with my 15’s on the tripod the rest of the weekend. Monday morning I emailed Vortex to ask what I should do. Never got a response. Got a little aggravated.  This morning I get an email from Vortex saying my warranty claim has shipped. Huh?

Then I get a text from my kid when she got home from school saying there’s a big box for me from Vortex Optics on the porch. I got home to find a brand new 20-60x85 Viper HD spotter waiting for me and a prepaid shipping label to send my defective one back to them within 30 days. What the heck? Granted their optics seem to have some issues but I have a hard time complaining when their customer service team goes above and beyond anything I expected to make it right.

So thanks, Vortex. I appreciate your stand up customer service.

I guess some didn’t read the first sentence?

Sounds like great customer service to me  :tup:

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2019, 07:47:52 PM »
I have several pieces of Vortex optics, from low to higher end. All great gear  ;)
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2019, 10:07:36 PM »
I don’t want to turn this into a Vortex sucks conversation.  I’ve always been a middle of the road budget gear guy. I don’t have a ton of money to spend on Swarovski optics or the like. Mid price range stuff has always been sufficient for me.
Yada
Yada
Yada
Yada
Yada
Thanks vortex for the stand up customer service!

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2019, 10:13:07 PM »
Some of you guys sure are arrogant about your hoitey toitey optics.

Wow. Defensive are we......  no one I’ve seen here has been arrogant!!   More like we are realistic about the fact most vortex appear be defective and have to bent back for their amazing customer service and replacement warranty about 50% of the time.  Lol.  Like I’ve said....I would and have bought bushnell optics that are better quality than the vortex on the market.  Price point is the same and I have never had to send a pair back.  Would you buy a car if you knew it had a 50% fail rate just because the dealer had great customer service??

No. Would you?
I’m not defensive. I’m 100% comfortable with my purchases, the price point and where I’m at with those purchases. Nothing to be defensive about. Nothing you will say will change my mind. I won’t spend that kind of money on Swaro or the like optics. Won’t happen. I’m ok with that. I’ve got better things to spend the money on that I also work my ass off to earn.
Did you buy your Vortex optics knowing they would fail?
It seems like 50% of the returns I’ve seen people send back to Vortex are because someone ran them over or dropped them off a roof or left them on their back bumper as they drive away or they got eaten by a grizzly bear then spit out. I don’t consider those issues quality issues either. I consider those situations to be abuse and I wouldn’t expect them to be covered under warranty. But they are.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2019, 09:57:41 PM »
I have a crossfire II scope on my .300 win mag. For the money the glass is very good. I’ve fallen on a steep hill & slid 100 feet down with that and it didn’t break. It rides around in the back of the pickup. It’s gotten knocked around riding on atvs. It been out in the nastiest weather. It’s been through all of that without breaking. They make a good product.

Offline elkaholic123

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Montana Dirty Dozen,Life member RMEF,NAHC, WSF
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2019, 07:01:44 AM »
I have purchased 2 different Vortex rifle scopes, 1 of them I could not turn the power adj. ring...brand new WTF, the other was out of focus and was told it was defective, sent both back, I will never try another Vortex optic. I purchased a used Swarovski spotter and used EL 10X42 bino's from a friend, had the bino's for 5 years and sold them for $100. 00 more than I paid for them, purchased used 10x42 EL Range bino's, sent spotter and bino's to Swaro 2 years ago  for cleaning and new rubber eye cups, they sent them back to me 2 weeks later and looked like new...only cost to me was shipping 1 way. I am sure I will have my Swaro's until I stop hunting and then my son will get many years of use...
elkaholic

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2019, 04:29:36 PM »
Vortex SUCKS!

I've had a pair of their binoculars for 8 years, and one of the little rubber objective lens caps fell off. Ruined my hunt, because whenever I got any rain drops on it, I had to wipe it with my tee shirt. Now I was missing a little rubber cap, and I had a tiny wet spot on my tee shirt! Sure, they sent my a new little rubber cap, and they were super nice, but I still had a wet tee shirt! 
Low T Beta Male

Offline RockChuck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2019, 04:49:17 PM »
Vortex SUCKS!

I've had a pair of their binoculars for 8 years, and one of the little rubber objective lens caps fell off. Ruined my hunt, because whenever I got any rain drops on it, I had to wipe it with my tee shirt. Now I was missing a little rubber cap, and I had a tiny wet spot on my tee shirt! Sure, they sent my a new little rubber cap, and they were super nice, but I still had a wet tee shirt!

You should not have worn cotton  :dunno:

Offline RockChuck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2019, 04:58:46 PM »
In all seriousness though you guys must be right... I have a pair of vortex binos I found on the hillside (obviously someone so disguised by vortex quality they threw them on the ground) I have used and abused them and they have performed perfectly for me Other then one broken eye relief screw/stud that may have happened when said previous owner threw them on the ground and stomped off or may very well be what prompted them the discard them on the ground in the first place...

I’ll try and remember to send them back to vortex in the off-season next year for repair unless they dissenegrate in my hands before then!

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2019, 07:07:10 PM »
Vortex SUCKS!

You think a guy that slums it with Vortex is gonna wear a Merino wool base layer?

Low T Beta Male

Offline RockChuck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2019, 07:51:03 PM »
Vortex SUCKS!

You think a guy that slums it with Vortex is gonna wear a Merino wool base layer?

:chuckle:

Offline hunting4sanity

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2019, 09:51:21 PM »
Has anyone ever had a piece from the Razor line crap out?
I have three of their Razor scopes and have never sent any of them back, but I've never sent any of my Viper scopes back either. I have sent one of my Leupolds back and had a good experience with their customer service.
Disappointments are inevitable, misery is optional.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2019, 10:26:04 PM »
Has anyone ever had a piece from the Razor line crap out?
I had to send my spotter in to get repaired it's a Razor. I also have a pair of viper binoculars that I thoroughly abuse and a viper rifle scope on one of my .300 win mags never had a problem with either of them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Hunting Dog Memorial by ghosthunter
[Today at 08:55:30 PM]

Pairs by Dan-o
[Today at 08:15:34 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by pd
[Today at 07:31:15 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by trophyhunt
[Today at 07:20:21 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 06:50:06 PM]