collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Turkey Idaho ?  (Read 9085 times)

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
Re: Turkey Idaho ?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 02:19:32 PM »
I was that guy in the beginning of all this.  I am going turkey hunting no matter what.  After doing a lot of reading up on this I have decided that I won't be that guy.  I cancelled my hunts.  These were hunts where I was taking people out not even for me.  I didn't even have plans yet for the wife and me to go out on a hunt yet.  I think I will stay home and wait this out.  I absolutely hate that this might happen but it is a possible reality. 
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 02:24:47 PM »
All y'all who are suggesting people don't go turkey hunting don't understand. Spring turkey hunting is our religion. Not going turkey hunting is sacrilege. You can't tell me me that any minimal service needs you have while turkey hunting like getting gas or groceries is any different than essential employees that potentially have the virus that stop at those exact same services for gas and groceries. In fact with most people quarantined, its really the essential employees still at work and out and about that are really the ones continuing the bulk of the spread. I'll be turkey hunting as usual on April 15th, even if I'm forced to go somewhere else.

I grew up back east turkey hunting. I understand what you're talking about. I think what you're saying is 100% ridiculous. You're going to leave a state that has almost 6000 cases of this virus with 254 deaths and go to a state that has 673 cases and 9 deaths. This is a dumb chance to take.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2020, 02:37:48 PM »
This is a tough one for me. I guess I'm not like a lot of other hunters as I could pack for 14 days in Pakistan for sheep and not need to hit the store. Toss s glove on to pump my gas and be on my way. The only risk of contact would be if by some crazy chance I needed a tow or medical help. I've been hunting since I was 10 and in 27 years I have yet to need either of those things (until now since I jinxed myself :chuckle:). I understand the concern of many though. Season closure decisions can't be a case by case basis.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline coop2424

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2020, 03:04:31 PM »
This is a tough one for me. I guess I'm not like a lot of other hunters as I could pack for 14 days in Pakistan for sheep and not need to hit the store. Toss s glove on to pump my gas and be on my way. The only risk of contact would be if by some crazy chance I needed a tow or medical help. I've been hunting since I was 10 and in 27 years I have yet to need either of those things (until now since I jinxed myself :chuckle:). I understand the concern of many though. Season closure decisions can't be a case by case basis.

The issue is very few are that organized and have their sh#@ together.  I would imagine for every person like you there is another 6-10 that are not..  As an Idaho resident and with the very few cases we have the last thing I want is more people traveling over to possibly increase the numbers. 

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2020, 03:40:35 PM »
I say do it  :tup:
Who knows what any season will look like.
Hunt while you can.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline JeffRaines

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2020, 03:41:09 PM »
All y'all who are suggesting people don't go turkey hunting don't understand. Spring turkey hunting is our religion. Not going turkey hunting is sacrilege. You can't tell me me that any minimal service needs you have while turkey hunting like getting gas or groceries is any different than essential employees that potentially have the virus that stop at those exact same services for gas and groceries. In fact with most people quarantined, its really the essential employees still at work and out and about that are really the ones continuing the bulk of the spread. I'll be turkey hunting as usual on April 15th, even if I'm forced to go somewhere else.

I grew up back east turkey hunting. I understand what you're talking about. I think what you're saying is 100% ridiculous. You're going to leave a state that has almost 6000 cases of this virus with 254 deaths and go to a state that has 673 cases and 9 deaths. This is a dumb chance to take.

:yeah:

Offline MerriamMagician

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Success is the only option
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2020, 03:48:59 PM »
The bigger problem in all of this is the divide in sportsmen this virus has caused. See some of the replies to my earlier post under this thread in you need examples. I see it everywhere, this site, social media, etc. Sportsmen are relentlessly attacking each other other over any and all difference in opinions. People in general are going for each others throats. Amazing how a pandemic like this reveals everyones dark side. The key thing we need to remember is that the sport of hunting is under constant attack in our current age. We've got to band together to fight for our traditions and heritage to carry on and fighting and bickering with each other is not how we accomplish that.
Gobblers only, all jakes must walk

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2020, 03:54:25 PM »

:yeah:
Just so you all Know thousands of washington residents cross over to Idaho for cheap alcohol and tobacco so handful of hunters is ok. Everyday this happens.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 04:05:07 PM by hunter399 »

Online Buckhunter24

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2020, 03:54:59 PM »
The bigger problem in all of this is the divide in sportsmen this virus has caused. See some of the replies to my earlier post under this thread in you need examples. I see it everywhere, this site, social media, etc. Sportsmen are relentlessly attacking each other other over any and all difference in opinions. People in general are going for each others throats. Amazing how a pandemic like this reveals everyones dark side. The key thing we need to remember is that the sport of hunting is under constant attack in our current age. We've got to band together to fight for our traditions and heritage to carry on and fighting and bickering with each other is not how we accomplish that.

Dude youre missing the bigger picture. I thought your first post was a joke tbh.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2020, 04:00:36 PM »
I'm 🚬 a cigg right now from Idaho does that make me a bad person? This attuitude of I'm better than you cause I stayed at home .I Can tell ya I'm not losing any sleep over it .Thats great keep up the good work.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2020, 04:05:55 PM »

Disclaimer.....This is not meant as an attack. This whole thing going on in the entire freaking world right now is not about hunters attacking hunters or a divide among . It's literally about keeping people alive. If you don't grasp that...I'm not sure what to tell you.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Online Buckhunter24

• Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2020, 04:13:25 PM »
I'm 🚬 a cigg right now from Idaho does that make me a bad person? This attuitude of I'm better than you cause I stayed at home .I Can tell ya I'm not losing any sleep over it .Thats great keep up the good work.

Thats great man. Im sensitive to it because a close family member works in an icu where cases are increasing. The more cases increase, the more people will become sensitive to it.

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2020, 04:22:16 PM »

Thats great man. Im sensitive to it because a close family member works in an icu where cases are increasing. The more cases increase, the more people will become sensitive to it.
It wouldn't get upset ,sorry if it upsets you.
But Idaho residents been crossing into washington to work consider there min wage is like 7 dollars an hour ,crossover and make almost 14 an hour working in washington ,drive home and buy everything for cheap back in idaho.This is not a new development been happening for many years.And an fyi that might make you feel better is I buy a lot and make as little trips as possible.

Online Buckhunter24

• Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2020, 04:24:39 PM »

It wouldn't get upset ,sorry if it upsets you.
But Idaho residents been crossing into washington to work consider there min wage is like 7 dollars an hour ,crossover and make almost 14 an hour working in washington ,drive home and buy everything for cheap back in idaho.This is not a new development been happening for many years.And an fyi that might make you feel better is I buy a lot and make as little trips as possible.
What wouldnt get upset?

Online vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2020, 04:29:28 PM »

Disclaimer.....This is not meant as an attack. This whole thing going on in the entire freaking world right now is not about hunters attacking hunters or a divide among . It's literally about keeping people alive. If you don't grasp that...I'm not sure what to tell you.

:yeah: I still think a lot of guys on here have their frustrations directed in the wrong place. People always reference what is still open when justifying them wanting to go hunting or fishing. Point your disdain there  :twocents:
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal